I’m new here

Tylor

So I found AVEN durning one of my 3am identity crisises, after finding the term lithromantic and identifying with it. However, I’ve heard that term is somewhat controversial (because lith is a nod to stone identities, which are historically more sexual orientation based), so I’d like to know more about the history of the replacement labels, apromantic and akoiromantic, if anyone knows anything, or has any details that may help? Also I think I might be demisexual but I don’t know much about common demi experiences, so if anyone who identifies with that label could give me some advice or how they figured out their identity, that would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Welcome! I haven't heard of lith being more controversial, but I believe akoi is more common. That’s just based on the frequency at which I’ve seen them on the site. Both are recognised here though. 

With demisexuality I believe that it is to do with only experiencing attraction after a strong emotional bond is formed, such as being close friends for 4 years. They don’t experience sexual attraction before this bond is formed. 

recipe_elegant-chocolate-cake.jpg?itok=p

1 hour ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! I haven't heard of lith being more controversial, but I believe akoi is more common. That’s just based on the frequency at which I’ve seen them on the site. Both are recognised here though. 

With demisexuality I believe that it is to do with only experiencing attraction after a strong emotional bond is formed, such as being close friends for 4 years. They don’t experience sexual attraction before this bond is formed. 

recipe_elegant-chocolate-cake.jpg?itok=p

Thanks, I’m probably not demisexual then, I’ve developed sexual feelings within a week of knowing someone. As for lith being controversial, I’ve been doing research, and what I found so far is lith was intended to be a nod to stone identification, which was used most popularly amongst transmasculines and lesbians as meaning some sort of vague lack of either sexual attraction, or certain sexual desires, which doesn’t really translate as well to romantic orientation. (Also, is that double chocolate?)

• 2 months later...

A very belated welcome to AVEN!

I don't know enough about the history of the term, sorry.

It's a tradition to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so late welcoming you, here's my favourite cake,
http://chocolateartcake.blogspot.com/

ZWughhv.jpg

Archived