Montel Williams Air Date!

kbrd143

Hahahahaha.

That should probably go in JFF...

:lol: :lol:

*protects the chairs and other heavy objects*

ChildOfTheLight

I'll prepare purple bananas to throw at her.

Also, I'll spike her coffee with Hallucigenia's Twee Powder .

Hallucigenia

But would a twee Joy Davidson become a friend... or an incredibly happy and powered-up enemy? :o :o

But you can't waste pbs on her!! :shock:

I also wonder what happens with a mixture of purple bananas and twee... :lol: :twisted:

ChildOfTheLight
But would a twee Joy Davidson become a friend... or an incredibly happy and powered-up enemy? :o :o

I don't know...I'm laughing myself stupid thinking of it, though.

I don't know...I'm laughing myself stupid thinking of it, though.

you know maybe we should all send Joy cards. After all doesn't the way she presents her viewpoints tend to give us more validity?

Hallucigenia
I also wonder what happens with a mixture of purple bananas and twee... :lol: :twisted:

Purple bananas make you a crazed member of the AVEN in-crowd, and twee makes you a crazed, gleeful, and often lovesick harbinger of silliness. So twee + purple bananas would get you... um...

...Zeal and me. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ChildOfTheLight

She wouldn't be eating purple bananas, though, just getting hit with them.

smellincoffee

Soo, I just watched the show. It was enjoyable, if a little surreal; I'm so used to only reading about asexuality, not hearind and watching it.

I'm watching it and I'm happy so far, though everyone from Dr. Joy to us seems a bit nervous.

*I think Paul and Winter did a great job, minus one comment that I expect will be turned against them by the end of the show. But I'm not saying it was wrong for them to say that - they wereanswering honestly and thats what counts

Thanks Trip, we tried.

I won't get to see it till tonight or tomorrow, so hopefully everyone will let me know how embarrassed I should be before I actually sit through it. Winter is refusing to watch it, so if anyone sees it and thinks she did a particularly good job, PM her and try to convince her of the fact.

Thanks Trip, we tried.

I won't get to see it till tonight or tomorrow, so hopefully everyone will let me know how embarrassed I should be before I actually sit through it. Winter is refusing to watch it, so if anyone sees it and thinks she did a particularly good job, PM her and try to convince her of the fact.

Well so far, aside from Montel, I think she was the one who appeared the most calm one :)

***AND I JUST WANT TO SAY

I've come to the conclusion that I have asperger's as a result of what I've learned on AVEN. Without coming here, I never would have heard of what it is.

Hey, I'd just like to nudge some people over to the chat. Some newcomers have been in there, so it might be nice to have more people. :D

Well, I just caught Montel and had to thank him. I suppose the moderator always has to play devil's advocate but his behavior seemd to be surprisingly buffoonish. I had no idea a site like this existed where I wouldn't feel weird - - so I was like tearing up. Although he ended the show in a decent enough manner his posturing made me embrace myself so much more than ever before.

Thank you David Jay! And to all the guests -- it made sooo much sense to me....finally (something does).

Hi jsagy, welcome to AVEN. :cake: I notice you're from Brooklyn- you might want to check out the Meetup Mart, because an NYC meetup is being planned at the moment. :)

Well, I just caught Montel and had to thank him. I suppose the moderator always has to play devil's advocate but his behavior seemd to be surprisingly buffoonish. I had no idea a site like this existed where I wouldn't feel weird - - so I was like tearing up. Although he ended the show in a decent enough manner his posturing made me embrace myself so much more than ever before.

Thank you David Jay! And to all the guests -- it made sooo much sense to me....finally (something does).

I haven't watched theshow yet; I got home from work 18 minutes after it ended... :evil:

But THAT (above) makes me incredibly happy. I don't care if it was good or bad or what Dr. Joy waid or what Montel said or did but if asexuals struggling found a place they feel accepted and normal and comfortable and understood than everything was worth it.

I think the same thing would happen if we aired on MTV no matter how negative or positive the coverage ends up being, and we would reach a huge audience.

Winter, again, I did not watch it yet but obviously you did something right if asexuals are recognizing themselves in you and your fellow AVENites and coming to this site and finding help and comfort and friends.

I love AVEN.

Hi jsagy! I'm glad you found us. Like the ghosts said, you should keep an eye on the NYC meetups thread. This is Paul from Montel-- Winter and I live in Williamsburg part of the time. It's always nice to have more people in the city.

ChildOfTheLight
I love AVEN.

I love AVEN too.

*hugs AVEN*

:D

FelineFanatic

Hello jsagy!

Welcome to AVEN. Take your time, look around, and relax. I am sure you will find yourself connecting with others all over the board. When you feel up to it, tell us a little bit about yourself on the welcome forum. We can all give you some more AVEN cake! :wink::cake::cake::cake:

Woa, check it out, jsagy!

You might get to meet the celebrity in person at your very first meetup. Privileged, you are. ;) I wanna meet a famous asexual!!

Winter, I am always happy to hear that you will be on because you are attractive, articulate, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Guyss, I realise this is old news for all of you who have managed to see the show. I would love to see it, but not being in america, 'tis not going to happen unless it's released on the web. Has this been done? Where can I find it?

FelineFanatic

I made a VCR copy of the show. I sent it to be digitalized and put on YouTube or a similar site. Once it is done, I will make sure there is an announcement here.

I was just wondering if I would ever get to see it. Thanks, FF. I look forward to hearing from you.

Archived