Montel Williams Air Date!

kbrd143

I just got off the phone with the producer of our Montel Williams episode. The show will air on Thursday, January 4, 2007. Mark your calendars, set your video recording devices and get your popcorn!

Yeehaw, I got a call too. Great timing fallout-media wise. (We don't compete with the kitzy holiday stories.)

Excellent news. :D

Awesome! Montel's usually on in the morning/afternoon, isn't it?

Montel is in syndication, so the actual airtime will differ from market to market. . . . But, generally speaking, it is considered a daytime talk show, so it will be on at some point while the sun it up. The Montel website (www.montelshow.com)has, I think, a link which allows you to search for the station and time for your city. . . .

deladangerous

Did I hear somebody say... Montel?

hulovesya.jpg

Hu loves that guy? ....Pretty much just Hu, I guess. :P

Eh... yeah, lookin' forward to it anyway. Thanks for the heads up, Keef.

smellincoffee

Montel comes on at eight in the morning here. I'll probably be working, and it doesn't look as if they sell past shows on DVD. And no one I know would understand the cocnept of asexuality, much less tape for it for me, so I guess I'll wait for the transcript. Hopefully someone will provide one. :P

Montel comes on at eight in the morning here. I'll probably be working, and it doesn't look as if they sell past shows on DVD. And no one I know would understand the cocnept of asexuality, much less tape for it for me, so I guess I'll wait for the transcript. Hopefully someone will provide one. :P

If it's anything like all the other shows that've aired, there'll not only be a transcript but a video copy available in next to no time both here and on youtube... Which might be where I have to see it this time, I don't think Montel even airs out here anymore.

FelineFanatic
I just got off the phone with the producer of our Montel Williams episode. The show will air on Thursday, January 4, 2007. Mark your calendars, set your video recording devices and get your popcorn!

That's my birthday so for sure I will remember!

If it's anything like all the other shows that've aired, there'll not only be a transcript but a video copy available in next to no time both here and on youtube... Which might be where I have to see it this time, I don't think Montel even airs out here anymore.

That would be great! Some of us up here don't even bother to own a television...

SpirallingSnowy

And some of us dont get Montel cos we arnt in America :P

• 2 weeks later...
NeitherSparky

All right, I've been out of the loop...

Is the entire episode about asexuality or is that just one topic being covered?

All right, I've been out of the loop...

Is the entire episode about asexuality or is that just one topic being covered?

Oh, I'd love to know that too. I think Montel tends to cover more than one topic, though I'd love it if someone really would devote a whole episode of a show to exploring asexuality... soundbites are great, but it'd give a great opportunity to really get information out there, maybe even get questions from people in audiences... yep...

I agree. I once saw a half hour documentary on "big beautiful women" lovers (incidentally, that was the very same night I joined AVEN), so why not asexuals?

I believe Greybird and Keith went... other than that I can't remember. I think Cate had a spot on there as well

The entire show is about asexuality. The only thing is that Dr Joy is on also (the same one that was on 20/20). GreyBird and Keith are on, as well as DJ, Winter and Hu, and myself. The Montel people set it up so that the end of the show is a showdown between us and Dr. Joy. I think they were going for conflict, but I think we were all too well composed to give them what they wanted. It should be interesting to see how they edit the show.

Oooo showdown? I'm excited :D I can't wait to see it! (on youtube... cause I'll be in schoooool....)

Oooo showdown? I'm excited :D I can't wait to see it! (on youtube... cause I'll be in schoooool....)

me too. I'm super excited! (Plus I don't want to out myself to my entire house in the community lounge :shock: )

NeitherSparky
Montel has a synopsis of the upcoming show on asexuality on his website, including the list of guests (two docs, DJ, Hu, Winter, Keith, Greybird; don't mean to be ignorant, but uh...unless you are one of the docs I didn't see you, summerseeker):

http://www.montelshow.com/show/?showID=5051

The first line of the synopsis says:

"There is a growing community of people who say that they are asexual; that they have absolutely no sex drive."

Isn't that not correct? As I understand it asexuality is not a lack of a sex drive, it is a lack of sexual attraction. Or am I wrong?

Montel has a synopsis of the upcoming show on asexuality on his website, including the list of guests (two docs, DJ, Hu, Winter, Keith, Greybird; don't mean to be ignorant, but uh...unless you are one of the docs I didn't see you, summerseeker):

http://www.montelshow.com/show/?showID=5051

The first line of the synopsis says:

"There is a growing community of people who say that they are asexual; that they have absolutely no sex drive."

Isn't that not correct? As I understand it asexuality is not a lack of a sex drive, it is a lack of sexual attraction. Or am I wrong?

You're right. Their mistake.

Archived