How Many Younger Aces Wear The Black Ring?

Ford_Prefect42

How Many Younger Aces Wear The Black Ring?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you under the age of 40 and wear the black ring

• You know it dawg!
    • What black ring, aren't they for swingers?
  2. 2. Are you over the age of 40 and wear the black ring

• I haven't taken my ring off in thirty years.
    • This jewelry is only for the youngins.

Ford_Prefect42

This has been something that I've been wondering, is the black ring on the middle finger common among young people or do only older Aces know what a black ring on the middle finger?

• Like 1

I wear it.  Occasionally.  When I go through a more musical phase I take it off (i'm a ukulele player and rings are not compatible).  I wear it the rest of the time though.  Mostly.  50/50 I guess?

• Like 1
SamewhereSameplace

You might need to edit the survey. Right now it forces you to put answers for both questions (<40 and >40) to submit.

• Like 9

As a video gamer who's often hitting controllers or keyboards, I don't particularly like wearing rings.

Hell, I'm even married and have a wedding ring, and I typically don't even wear that.

Anthracite_Impreza

Young? I'm 26 and I feel ancient >.<

No I never wear rings of any sort. Don't see the point of ace rings at all tbh, but whatevs.

• Like 1

I'm 21 and I wear my black ring when I can, but I work with my hands way too much to wear it all the time.  If I'm out somewhere or doing something not work related though, I'm usually wearing it.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

No I never wear rings of any sort. Don't see the point of ace rings at all tbh, but whatevs.

Same here, I don't wear any ace rings. The ring is only optional, it is not a requirement. You are a valid ace without a ring.

SamewhereSameplace
1 hour ago, stampoc said:

Same here, I don't wear any ace rings. The ring is only optional, it is not a requirement. You are a valid ace without a ring.

Of course! You are ace because you are ace, end of story.  

Representation is just something that's hard to find. Outside of producing wildly successful media or becoming super gusto about public speaking, I don't know how else to let other aces know that they aren't alone. We could just verbally announce that we're ace to every new person we meet, but that's hard to work into a conversation.  Ace rings are just a fun way to communicate an otherwise impossible to depict orientation.

I wear a ring, an irl ace friend of mine doesn't.  No one has to play Ace Marco Polo. It's just a fun rep thing. You are ace whether you choose to rep or not.

• Like 3
Aspaceforaghost

I wore my ring a lot more when I was younger. My first job wouldn't allow me to wear jewelry so I fell out of habit. In my twenties now and definitely plan to wear it more! 

• Like 1
FaerySilverwings

29, and have been wearing an ace ring I made for myself pretty much constantly since I figured things out and learned about them which, granted, was last month and I haven't really left my house since I've been wearing it... And as long as I'm not doing things where wearing a ring would be dangerous I plan to keep wearing it. If I ever get spotted by an ace in the wild or otherwise asked about it, then great! But really I wear it because it reminds me I'm not alone or broken, and that the lovely community of people I relate to exists.

• Like 2

25, almost 26 years old here. I used to have an ace ring, but then it fell into a woodchipper and now the world is in lockdown so I can't buy a new one. I used to wear it all the time before. AVEN helped me figure things out a couple years ago, and the ring reminded me of the awesome community we have here. It also was gifted to me by a dear friend, which makes its loss a lot more tragic. But alas, the woodchipper doesn't return what it takes.

• Like 2

I'm under 40, but I couldn't vote here because it requires you to answer the question about OVER 40, too...? 😕 But yes, I wear mine proudly! :) 

• Like 1

I'm 26 and wear my black ring every day. I love rings in general and the ace ring reminds me that it's okay to be asexual and makes me feel proud to be ace.

I don't wear the ace ring, mostly because I've never found one that I've really liked. If I find one that's really pretty I would absolutely go for it, but I'm very picky with jewelry so it may be a while before I find one I really like. 

I’d still be wearing mine if I didn’t loose it. Still wondering wear I lost it.

I'm 31 and I don't wear one because I don't want to be identified as ace by strangers. I don't want to have to worry about being tricked by incels or something. I figure I'll just keep befriending people I like whether they're asexual or not. I may never have any asexual friends in person but I'm okay with being friends with sexuals as long as they're respectful.

I'm 23, I found out about the rings recently and I'm thinking about getting one. It's not a priority though so it's probably going to take a while, and I'm not sure how often I'd wear it. Whenever I tried wearing other rings in the past, I found them uncomfortable. 

• Like 1

I'm 19 and I don't. I also don't wear any other jewelry, mostly because I don't have any jewelry that is significant enough to me to remember to wear it. If I actually got a black ace ring, it probably would be significant enough to me, but I haven't gotten up the courage to do that yet.

I'm 19 and I wear it often. I like having a symbol of pride, even if people don't get it. And if someone does that's even better.

• 1 year later...
ViolettChase

Meee, I mean, yes, and I don’t own a black ring, it’s gold and has thingy heart cutouts that go in a line, but due to popular fashion it’s not noticed 

I don’t know if other people would get the meaning behind the ring but I really don’t like bringing attention to myself so would definitely avoid anything like that, personally. About the most I wear is a bracelet, very rarely, that has purple and black beads with a zebra charm, which for me symbolises both my asexuality and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.

I've just order my ring, and it's coming tomorrow !

Elizabeth Bennet

I thought about getting one many times (I like rings), but I haven't got to it yet.

Not that it would mean much here; I don't believe pretty much anyone in the country (let alone in my area) would know what it stands for.