Songs that make you Uncomfortable

TheNostalgicAce

DarkStormyKnight

Oh man I have no idea what the song was but I was trying to buy a toothbrush the other week and some cheesy pop love song came on and I could FEEL my anxiety kicking it up a notch. I basically grabbed the first thing I saw and booked it out of there.

• Like 2
SunlitMoonlight

My Sharona, because Pedophilia is not cool guys

any song with the F word in the title 

Shape of You and S&M too (le classic asexual "wat the heck is happening" syndrome)

If i listen to the lyrics, Thnks Fr Th Mmrs, by FOB.  

Winter's Ball, off the Hamilton Soundtrack, just because "LADIESSS 

There are so many to deflower
LadiesSSSS
Looks
Proximity to power"

also Senorita by Shawn Mendez and Camilla Cabello because there's sooo much sexual stuff in it and i just "Friends don't know the way you taste" no no pls i dont wanna hear about friends with benefits other than tax evasion and political power ok

Also as of late, Sex On Fire by Kings Of Leon..... the title says it all

• Like 1

Closer. I get the meaning is self hatred but it's uncomfortable to me especially since it's sung like the singer is whispering in your ears.

Queen of the Stone Age- Little Sister

That Pumped Up Kicks song.

• Like 1

Baby It's Cold Outside lol Santa Baby lmao

Go listen to some Jamaican Dancehall specifically Vybz Kartel. I recommend Virginity, Teenage Pregnancy, Ramping Shop, Somebody go get Gunshot and Happy Pum Pum.

Also listen to Gage- Dow in In a Yuh Throat and Lady Saw's Ram Ram and then we'll talk. All of that shit is uncomfortable and being a Caribbean dweller I cannot escape it.

• Like 2
On 9/12/2020 at 2:51 AM, QuirkyMongoose555 said:

S&M by Rihanna.

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.

Do Me by Kim Petras

Death By Sex by Kim Petras

WAP by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion

Yeah, Rihanna has a lot of sexual songs but her music was good back then. Even that "What's My Name?" one....... Same with Kim Petras. She's nice too but some songs don't appeal to me lyrically and that's okay. They can still be considered good production wise

• Like 1

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Dashboard Confessional's Vindicated. I love the song but there's these few lines that kinda creep me out and make me feel generally uncomfortable. I'm not sure if they're sexual but tbh I don't know what he's talking about.

Lyrics below

Spoiler

So turn up the corners of your lips, part them and feel my fingertips... Defense is paper-thin, just one touch and I am in...

• Like 2
On 9/10/2020 at 7:37 PM, TheNostalgicArtist said:

Yes YES! Specifically Santa Baby, has not sat right with me since childhood. The seductive voice and flirting with jolly old St Nick always gave me the heeby jeebies!

She's not talking to Jolly Old St. Nicholas though. She's talking to her Sugar Daddy as if he was Santa.

• Like 1

Romance songs in general haven't sat right with me, but off the top of my head, Love Talk by WayV and Eyes, Nose, Lips by Taeyang 

• Like 1

Anything by Studio Killers, I don't know why but they make me super uncomfortable. Maybe it's their music videos.

• Like 1

Justin Bieber’s “sorry”. One line he says “not just trying to get you back on me. Missing more than just your body”. It just felt gross he had to declare that to whoever the song was for. That he’s NOT just thinking about her body. These kind of douche lyrics make me uncomfortable 

• Like 3
On 9/15/2020 at 8:18 AM, SunlitMoonlight said:

also Senorita by Shawn Mendez and Camilla Cabello because there's sooo much sexual stuff in it and i just "Friends don't know the way you taste" no no pls i dont wanna hear about friends with benefits other than tax evasion and political power ok

Here's a parody version and maybe we can all forget the original: 

• Like 2

Any song to do with sex makes me uncomfortable, really, but the more explicit ones like ET by Katy Perry makes me feel like I'm being privy to her having sex with an alien (Kanye West). Kanye West ends up being rather....gross about it. Just all around not cool cause some of the tunes are actually pretty, just not the lyrics.🤨

• Like 1
Alaska Native Manitou

Sheela-Na-Gig by PJ Harvey is a woman harassing a man, then being disgusted at him for not being interested in sex.

• Like 1
SupercalifragilisticNugget
On 9/10/2020 at 9:24 PM, The Angel of Eternity said:

I don't know the name of this song, but one of the lines says "I'm in love with your body".  Just thinking about that makes me cringe, as I'm VERY repulsed by sex.

Oof yeah that one kinda makes my skin crawl. I was at a wedding a couple years ago and that came on during the reception and people started getting weird on the dance floor, so now on top of disliking the song already I now have that ~lovely~ memory attached to it. 

• Like 3

If there’s a song that I like the sound of but don’t like the message/lyrics, I tend to find parodies of the song instead. That way I get the part of the song that I like without the part I don’t like. The amount of parody songs/video game music on my playlists is probably concerning. 

• Like 3
ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø
3 hours ago, SupercalifragilisticNugget said:

Oof yeah that one kinda makes my skin crawl. I was at a wedding a couple years ago and that came on during the reception and people started getting weird on the dance floor, so now on top of disliking the song already I now have that ~lovely~ memory attached to it. 

Why? Just WHY?!!! I would be completely fine with a romantic song playing, as it's a romantic event, but why do you have to introduce a sexual theme to it? I hope no one made you dance like that. That sex theme should be private!

• Like 1

We Both Go Down Together by the Decemberists. It's just about the only song of theirs I won't listen to.

• Like 1

I won’t listen to a lot of rap music because the topics are often really explicit and/or demeaning to women. If there was actually a good rap song out there that didn’t revolve around sex and drugs and stringing as many curse words as possible together I might actually listen to it.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Acing It said:

Quite a few songs make me uncomfortable but especially 'Every breath you take' by The Police.

Also by The Police, "Don't stand so close to me" 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, lilypad16 said:

I won’t listen to a lot of rap music because the topics are often really explicit and/or demeaning to women. If there was actually a good rap song out there that didn’t revolve around sex and drugs and stringing as many curse words as possible together I might actually listen to it.

^^ This too.

• Like 1

Body Language by Queen, details body parts in Lyrics, Music Video are close up shots of body parts.  But can be interpreted as strong Sensual themes rather than sexual... maybe.

• Like 1

One song that does it for me is "Baby Got Back," I heard it once and was almost reduced to tears, it was horrible. 

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 12:04 AM, The Angel of Eternity said:

Why? Just WHY?!!! I would be completely fine with a romantic song playing, as it's a romantic event, but why do you have to introduce a sexual theme to it? I hope no one made you dance like that. That sex theme should be private!

Right? They had previously played some of the usual love songs beforehand and that was totally fine but when that one popped on it just became awkward. Thankfully I stayed off the dance floor for the entirety of it and wasn’t pressured to join in but it will still forever haunt me. 

• Like 3
QuirkyMongoose555
23 hours ago, senACEay_11 said:

One song that does it for me is "Baby Got Back," I heard it once and was almost reduced to tears, it was horrible. 

Yes!!! Like, they're singing about butts. What on earth is so interesting about the place that Number Two comes out of?

• Like 3
Alaska Native Manitou

There are songs that make asexuality seem like an unhappy fate to have.  Like Why Can't I Fall in Love by Ivan Neville & She'd Give Anything by Boy Howdy.

• Like 1