Songs that make you Uncomfortable

TheNostalgicAce

TheNostalgicAce
6 minutes ago, PanFicto. said:

She sent it to the married man who the song itself is about! that makes it so much worse lol.

As someone with a bad history of dealing with cheating in my family...(Too much to unpack there), Understanding this now gets me fired up too! Was she expecting him to drop everything and go running back to her? Did she not take a second to consider what his perspective might be? I  guess she thought he'd be like "Oh yeah lemme drop my wife because my old flame is begging for me." Say, has Adele ever heard that song from Frozen? oh whats it called..um... oh yeah LET IT GO. I don't know the whole story of the guy but what if he has kids too! Jesus. 

• Like 3
TheNostalgicAce
1 hour ago, SugarButterFlour said:

Body like a back road. I hate it so much 

Oh god, Me too. The damn song always comes on when its just my dad and I in the car lmao. SO uncomfortable.

6 minutes ago, TheNostalgicArtist said:

As someone with a bad history of dealing with cheating in my family...(Too much to unpack there), Understanding this now gets me fired up too! Was she expecting him to drop everything and go running back to her? Did she not take a second to consider what his perspective might be? I  guess she thought he'd be like "Oh yeah lemme drop my wife because my old flame is begging for me." Say, has Adele ever heard that song from Frozen? oh whats it called..um... oh yeah LET IT GO. I don't know the whole story of the guy but what if he has kids too! Jesus. 

Yeah exactly, she's like tearing his life apart (well trying to) out of her own selfish desire to get a guy back who she dumped years ago.

In the live concert where she admitted she sent the album to his house (then cried while she sang the song) HER OWN FRIKKEN KID WAS IN THE AUDIENCE WITH HIS DAD. 

That's like how to fuck your kid up 101: Sing a song about this dude you dumped years ago and have been stalking for ages now because you realized you can't let him go, after coyly admitting to the world you sent the album to his house (clearly because he wouldn't answer your calls so were trying one last ditch attempt to get his attention) while you (the kid) are sitting on your dads knee and your dad isn't the guy in the song. Just... wait, what? How did nobody click just how bad this all was?? Like "oh yeah daddy's second best. Mummy really wants this dude she's been stalking after dumping him years ago but he won't answer his frikken phone" ...Y_Y

QuirkyMongoose555

S&M by Rihanna.

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.

Do Me by Kim Petras

Death By Sex by Kim Petras

WAP by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion

• Like 1
TheNostalgicAce
1 minute ago, QuirkyMongoose555 said:

S&M by Rihanna.

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.

Do Me by Kim Petras

Death By Sex by Kim Petras

WAP by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion

I agree with ALL of these. Admittedly, I used to love listening to S&M in middle school. Then I found out what it was about, and lets just say I wasn't listening to it anymore lol

1 minute ago, QuirkyMongoose555 said:

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.

I genuinely hate that woman. Look if people want to sing about sex, I don't care, do whatever. But I accidentally clicked the trending page on YouTube once and this ...'woman' (though she's mostly made of plastic and chemicals)... was naked in a bubble bath with these huge silicone ass cheeks literally just shaking in a guys face over the bubbles.. ON THE TRENDING PAGE THAT KIDS WATCH GETTING MILLIONS OF VIEWS. When I follow YouTubers trying to expose huge online paedophile rings (without showing or outright mentioning anything actually illegal, just trying to bring attention to these "bait" chatrooms to get them reported enough that they get investigated by the FBI etc) who get demonetised, suppressed, and have their vids removed from YouTube BECAUSE IT'S NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY CONTENT.

Naked jiggling silicone asscheeks practically pooping on a man's face in a bath; that's good for kids, lets promote it!!

Trying to expose websites that prey on children online in the hopes the FBI will investigate and arrest those involved while also spreading awareness to children and their parents about how to stay safer online: No!! BAD!! instant deletion of video because it's not safe for kids or families!!!

TheNostalgicAce
1 minute ago, PanFicto. said:

I genuinely hate that woman. Look if people want to sing about sex, I don't care, do whatever. But I accidentally clicked the trending page on YouTube once and this ...'woman' (though she's mostly made of plastic and chemicals)... was naked in a bubble bath with these huge silicone ass cheeks literally just shaking in a guys face over the bubbles.. ON THE TRENDING PAGE THAT KIDS WATCH GETTING MILLIONS OF VIEWS. When I follow YouTubers trying to expose huge online paedophile rings (without showing or outright mentioning anything actually illegal, just trying to bring attention to these "bait" chatrooms to get them reported enough that they get investigated by the FBI etc) who get demonetised, suppressed, and have their vids removed from YouTube BECAUSE IT'S NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY CONTENT.

Yeah, back in the days of early Nicki Minaj, when Super Bass and Turn me On were her major contributions, I didn't mind her stuff. But recently its all Men love butt cheeks, and lemme show MY butt cheeks because its fun? Its sexy? I don't know anymore. I've just come to the conclusion I don't understand people, and more specifically, Nicki Minaj lol

A small reminder to use Spoilers if desired to detail TMI :P

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TheNostalgicArtist said:

But recently its all Men love butt cheeks, and lemme show MY butt cheeks because its fun?

Yeah and it's weird because just like that Kardashian woman, they're not even her own butt cheeks anymore. They're mostly implant. I guess that's been a thing with fake boobs for ages too though. What those kinds of men should do is just buy some bags of silicone to carry around with them and have private time with. It's the silicone they're attracted to, not the real parts of the woman's body lol.

1 minute ago, Janus DarkFox said:

A small reminder to use Spoilers if desired to detail TMI :P

If it's literally promoted on YouTube's trending page as family friendly content, is it truly TMI though? That means it's appropriate for 7 year olds. But too much info for the restricted 13+ (and mostly adult) demographic on AVEN? 

TheNostalgicAce

I keep thinking of how i seem to have NUMEROUS songs that make me uncomfortable. I mentioned feeling that way about a few Jason Derulo songs. Specifically "Wiggle". It was HUGE for a while, I heard it everywhere and I was in agony lol.

TheNostalgicAce
3 minutes ago, PanFicto. said:

Just saying, YouTube is fucked, lol

Edit sorry for derailing your thread though @TheNostalgicArtist, I get a bit heated over the whole 'music' topic, as you can tell, haha. I'm wondering if 10:16am is too early for a gin and tonic? :P

Oh quite alright! Thats why I created this thread. I love a good conversation. And nooo Its never too early! Cheers!

I agree that YouTube can't filter everything that is said on videos marked as minor-friendly, though AVEN is manageable with a human eye, YouTube relies on Bots for all of it'd Moderating due to its size.

3 hours ago, PanFicto. said:

She sent it to the married man who the song itself is about! that makes it so much worse lol.

"Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya
But I ain't done much healing

Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry
For everything that I've done
But when I call you never
Seem to be home

Hello, how are you?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself, I'm sorry
I hope that you're well
Did you ever make it out of that town
Where nothing ever happened?
It's no secret
That the both of us
Are running out of time

Hello from the outside (outside)
At least I can say that I've tried (I've tried)
To tell you I'm sorry
For breaking your heart
But it don't matter, it clearly
Doesn't tear you apart anymore

She established at the start of the song that it's been literally years, and HE OBVIOUSLY ISN'T ANSWERING BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU SILLY WOMAN, HOW DO YOU NOT GET THAT????

And people cry and say it's the most beautiful love song, wtf??? And she sent this TO THE GUY SHE WROTE IT ABOUT probably because he wouldn't answer her frikken calls so this was a desperate attempt to get his attention lol.

There's other ones about him as well where she's waiting in the parking lot or something and sees him and his wife and wonders if the wife compares to her (something like that) but everyone ignores the fact that she's WAITING IN THE PARKING LOT TO WATCH HIM. I went through them all a few years ago after I heard Hello for the first time and was shocked by how sexist and awful it is. If a man sang that same song everyone would call him a stalker creep, but a woman with a minority body shape sings it and the world loses their shit in obsessive love for her art. Gross.

Damn, this topic still gets me so fired up lol.

Fucking hell, this makes it sound much less like a love song and more a insight into the mind of a stalker (not that I'm accusing her of physically stalking him, I hope she wouldn't go that far) This sort of behaviour isn't acceptable. The man is married! Stop bothering him, he's over you, he's not coming back

• Like 2

Probably about 95% of rap music honestly and anything by Justin Timberlake. I'm sure I'm not the only one who theorized that he was a sex addict

• Like 2

Any song that romanticized stalking gives me problems. I was actually stalked by an ex boyfriend and it left me with forever ptsd. 

• Like 5

Weirdly 'Closer' by Nine Inch Nails is one of my favourites but should be one that makes me uncomfortable. It's an awesome song x

• Like 2
TheNostalgicAce
5 hours ago, Nylocke said:

Probably about 95% of rap music honestly and anything by Justin Timberlake. I'm sure I'm not the only one who theorized that he was a sex addict

I totally agree, and especially about JT. Funny enough, the song he did for the kids movie, Trolls, "Can't Stop the Feeling", seems to have some sexual implications as well. Talk about uncomfortable! Also I really hate "Rock your body" lol

Some Rap and R&B can have a good tune to it, lyrics are rarely not about sex, groups, violence and so on as I find.

• Like 2

(cw/tw: domestic abuse)

"Anti anger management" type songs. What do I mean by this? Songs that openly encourage "setting a house on fire" to deal with problems, physically beating someone, etc. I know some people who have 'intermittent explosive disorder' which in simple english means their brain is damaged and has no reasonable response to anger (physically explosive, absolutely refuses to listen to logic, they're at a huge risk of physically hurting peope out of anger, 'rage blackouts' where they don't remember what they do when they're angry, etc.) and they listen to this type of music on a regular basis. If you have anger problems to begin with (and are well aware of said problems, like punching holes in property, destroying property, etc.) and listen to this crap? You're openly encouraging your own very irrational (and often dangerous) explosive behaviors that's going to land someone in the hospital or a morgue.

• Like 2
On 9/10/2020 at 8:29 PM, TheNostalgicArtist said:

Ohhh yep, I'm thinking that's "Shape Of You" by Ed Sheeran. I REALLY don't like that one either!

I used to have to hear that song a lot because my sister likes it and she used to drive me to a lot of places before I got my license. I don’t necessarily hate it so much as it makes me feel uncomfortable and grossed out.

• Like 1
TheNostalgicAce
1 minute ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

I used to have to hear that song a lot because my sister likes it and she used to drive me to a lot of places before I got my license. I don’t necessarily hate it so much as it makes me feel uncomfortable and grossed out.

Yeah I feel that. My sister loved the song lol, she's a BIG Ed Sheeran fan. I just feel so icky with the line"I'm in love with your body".

18 hours ago, TheNostalgicArtist said:

I totally agree, and especially about JT. Funny enough, the song he did for the kids movie, Trolls, "Can't Stop the Feeling", seems to have some sexual implications as well. Talk about uncomfortable! Also I really hate "Rock your body" lol

Yea ... he's literally a sex addict. I don't care what anyone says. I thought that back then and I think it now considering every song he ever made was very sexually charged ...

• Like 1
22 hours ago, TheNostalgicArtist said:

Yeah I feel that. My sister loved the song lol, she's a BIG Ed Sheeran fan. I just feel so icky with the line"I'm in love with your body".

Same with several other lines such as “and now my bed sheets smell like you”... 🤮🤮🤮

• Like 1
Alaska Native Manitou
On 9/10/2020 at 8:39 PM, Bodhranbitch@bAce said:

I'll be watching you.....

Sting regretted writing it & wrote If You Love Somebody Set Them Free as an "antidote."

On 9/11/2020 at 2:54 PM, TheNostalgicArtist said:

I agree with ALL of these. Admittedly, I used to love listening to S&M in middle school. Then I found out what it was about, and lets just say I wasn't listening to it anymore lol

That reminds me how as a kid I wanted to grow up to be Wonder Woman, until I found out what a dominatrix is.

On 9/12/2020 at 3:10 PM, MermaidRomani said:

(cw/tw: domestic abuse)

Reveal hidden contents

"Anti anger management" type songs. What do I mean by this? Songs that openly encourage "setting a house on fire" to deal with problems, physically beating someone, etc. I know some people who have 'intermittent explosive disorder' which in simple english means their brain is damaged and has no reasonable response to anger (physically explosive, absolutely refuses to listen to logic, they're at a huge risk of physically hurting peope out of anger, 'rage blackouts' where they don't remember what they do when they're angry, etc.) and they listen to this type of music on a regular basis. If you have anger problems to begin with (and are well aware of said problems, like punching holes in property, destroying property, etc.) and listen to this crap? You're openly encouraging your own very irrational (and often dangerous) explosive behaviors that's going to land someone in the hospital or a morgue.

In childhood, I was subjected to a lot of Country/Western music like this.

Personally, I can't listen to Janet Jackson or Prince.  They have great songs, but other songs by them are so perverted that I don't want to hear them sing anything.

TheNostalgicAce
4 minutes ago, RoonalWaslib said:

Muskrat Love.

Oh My God. My mother LOVES this song. LOL! I l always hated when she wold break out the Captain and Tennille disc and blare that song in the car lol.