Fanfic Recommendations

Karst

Since so many people on here seem to read and/or write fanfiction, I thought I'd make a "recommend your favorites to people" thread.

All fandoms are welcome!

Now that you're making me think about it, I can't offhand recall a favorite fan fic of mine that isn't at least a little smutty. I wonder what that says about me. 

The Wards of U.A is an extremely well written and ongoing fanfic. I'd also recommend hero's shadow as well. These are both in the BNHA fandom. I have a lot more but it's hard to remember fanfics you've already read. Oh, I'd check out Sif (Rosae) too. She's a very popular writer in the BNHA fandom too and for a good reason. 

"Fallout: Equestria" then since you say "All Fandoms welcome".

I am not a brony anymore and don't care too much for pony stuff but I still greatly love that fanfic, how well it was written, the amazing characters in it, and just so much more... There's a lot to talk about it which is why it created it's own massive fandom in a way, ha-ha. If you're willing to tolerate the pony side of the ordeal, do give it a read. It's really good. Though, it is a long story. Longer than the LOTR books...

I also actually have a physical copy of it so I do reread sometime.

Please quote me if you have any recommendations for the following ships:

Stucky

Dramione

Drarry

Wolfstar

😂 I’m laughing at myself but honestly please do quote me with recs if you have them.

I have loads of other fandoms and ships that I read but those are my go-tos that I’m least picky about. I’ve been addicted to fanfiction for 20 years now. When I love a fictional universe and/or characters, I just can’t get enough of it. Like, ever. If I see that anyone reads similar stuff to me, I’ll try to dig out some of my favourites.

19 minutes ago, Jusey1 said:

Though, it is a long story. Longer than the LOTR books...

I read absurdly fast. 😄

Anthracite_Impreza
13 hours ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

Stucky

Ipseity, one of my all time favourite fics. It's mostly based on the torture Bucky went through that split his personality into four, then the escape and the recovery. It's a very interesting take on things, especially since Bucky himself isn't always fronting and Steve has to learn who is. TW for non-con, violence, abuse, trauma etc. obvs, but it is all respectfully handled and not overly explicit like many of the fetish-y fics are. I'm more interested in the DID side (of course I am), but yes there is Stucky.

SunlitMoonlight
On 9/8/2020 at 10:52 PM, Kimchi Peanut said:

Stucky

i have some but i have really rather dark fanfic tastes

scary dark

dead dove do not eat

TWs every chapter kinda dark 

ive got one thats my favorite for this ship

but unless you are open to really dark i wont tempt you with the name lol

TinyStarDragon

I read so much its hard to recommend, particularly not knowing what people like and I mainly read slash 😅

One that stands out though is Sansukh by determamfidd https://archiveofourown.org/works/855528

Its a hobbit/lotr fic, 500,000+ not finished but great! romance is there but not the focus, and I cant remember any sex scenes either, brilliant characterisation and engaging ocs who dont dominate the plot.

Synopsis

The battle was over, and Thorin Oakenshield awoke, naked and shivering, in the Halls of his Ancestors.

The novelty of being dead fades quickly, and watching over his companions soon fills him with grief and guilt. Oddly, a faint flicker of hope arises in the form of his youngest kinsman, a Dwarf of Durin's line with bright red hair.

(Follows the story of the War of the Ring).

(Bagginshield, Gimli/Legolas) In which recovery takes time, the dead members of the Company take to watching Gimli as though he’s a soap opera, the living struggle with being left behind, Legolas is confused, Khuzdul is abused, and Thorin is four feet and ten inches of guilt and anger.

TinyStarDragon

Also Upon a fiery steed by Vathara https://archiveofourown.org/works/11249466

its a gundam wing stargate crossover, kinda world building on the gundam side so only a little knowledge needed when reading. If you like crossovers this is done to a brilliant standard, in character, min relationships, dramatic and engaging plot with great humour.

Synopsis

Daniel. Duo. Two trouble magnets, one very unlucky System Lord... Gundam Wing AU crossover, originally posted on Fanfiction.net

2 hours ago, SunlitMoonlight said:

i have some but i have really rather dark fanfic tastes

scary dark

dead dove do not eat

TWs every chapter kinda dark 

ive got one thats my favorite for this ship

but unless you are open to really dark i wont tempt you with the name lol

Don’t tell me 😂 I like a lot of angst but happy endings and no deaths

SunlitMoonlight
1 hour ago, moist crevice said:

Don’t tell me 😂 I like a lot of angst but happy endings and no deaths

ok soooo you'll prolly love this one its emotional pain and angst and PINING in all capital letters and a happy ending and some hydra sucks stuff and just 

here read

https://archiveofourown.org/works/24577945/chapters/59359978

• 4 months later...
BitterSweet_Chocolate

I would love sugestions for Stucky of Drarry....or other, idc. 

Archived