nevermind

1 minute ago, quenyaquendi said:

So I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I've always known that I'm very unattractive - I've been told this my whole life by everyone from family, friends, strangers, etc.

Attractiveness is subjective, though...
I'm not trying to invalidate your experiences (which sound awful & relatable to an extent), but I'm pretty sure someone would find you attractive.
The people that were mean to you are just awful inside & out, honestly.

2 minutes ago, quenyaquendi said:

So I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I've always known that I'm very unattractive - I've been told this my whole life by everyone from family, friends, strangers, etc. On more than one occasion a guy I was talking to would suddenly just walk away while I was speaking. Once, a guy in a college friend group threw a huge cup of water on me as we were all standing around just chatting. And the worst was when a boy I liked (or thought I did at the time) tried to hide from me at a college football game. My entire family saw it and I was utterly humiliated. Mostly because it made me realize that my own family was aware of my unattractiveness and made uncomfortable by it. All that to say....if there was any doubt about any of this, wearing a mask daily has made it perfectly clear. I am ugly. I have never been treated so well in my life. People actually look me in the eye and do nice things like opening an off limits dressing room so I could try on a dress for a new job. Normally that would NEVER happen. I don't really care at this point in my life, honestly. I'm 47, I've come to terms with my demisexuality, and am generally happy. I am just very uncomfortable being treated well by strangers. In my experience, receiving kindness is a foreign concept. I will continue to wear my mask for health reasons and to feel human for the first time in my life.

You deserve to be respected no matter how you look, whoever treats you poorly because of your appearance isn't worth paying any mind to !
I can't change your mind or anybody else's, all I can do is suggest (not tell, that'd be a lil much) that you become comfortable with your appearance. I'm not the most pleased with how I look, but I'm learning to slowly like parts of myself bit by bit & day by day. If there are things about yourself you don't like, you can change them if you wish or you can embrace them. 

I hope you enjoy being part of the AVEN community ! :) :) 

MakeupJunkie4

I agree with my new, coffee-making friend @fgdsayshi :) I'm sorry you've known so many awful people - there is absolutely no excuse for what they did. I hope you can come to terms that you yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection! :) 

Archived