Give me a topic and I'll tell you how it could lead to nuclear war with no evidence

_Neon_

24 minutes ago, DuskFire said:

The single skin flake that just fell on my pillow.

That skin flake will turn into dust and kill a world leader who is allergic to dust, creating a power vacuum(if only they had vacuumed up the dust). Other nations will rush to fill this, eventually leading to nuclear war.

20 minutes ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

Half a pound of tuppeny rice. Or half a pound of treacle. Tek yer pick! 🙂

Or both: the tuppeny rice was to be served alongside some treacle for some reason. However, while bringing it to the recipient, both fell, creating a mess which someone had to clean up. A bit annoyed after a long day, they went home and got into an argument with their family. Then the next day, their kid said something to the kid of the neice of a politician. The politician was a bit narcissitic, and took it as a personal attack. They attempted to cancel all tuppeny rice and treacle sales, through tarrifs on certain goods. This frustrated allies, who began to use proxys to respond. Citizens of said country are a bit frustrated, and the political tensions rise. Soon calls for the overthrow of the government led the to government taking drastic actions in the war. This escalation was met in kind until nuclear war ended it.

17 minutes ago, Mackenzie Holiday said:

Me deciding to eat a Snickers today.

You deciding to eat that snickers means that you can't give it to the child in the above scenario which would have calmed them down and made them forget about the tuppeny rice and treacle that had caused that argument that eventually ended the world.

The destruction of all nuclear weapons, technology, building specs, and any information on how to build, or use any of it. So in other words a world where nuclear power does not exist. How then would this lead to nuclear war?

3 minutes ago, DuskFire said:

The destruction of all nuclear weapons, technology, building specs, and any information on how to build, or use any of it. So in other words a world where nuclear power does not exist. How then would this lead to nuclear war?

So this would cause an issue where there is a lack of energy to a lot of people, causing many deaths. As such, people scramble to find a replacement, and invent nuclear fusion (it doesn't exist yet, so it counts). This helps jumpstart the economy the home country of the company that made it, and effectively ends the energy race. However, it will have taken a while to get there and in that time, a cold war like situation would have happened, and in the absence of the desire to compete, and the new found nuclear technology, a nuclear war happens to resolve the tensions between governments.

3 minutes ago, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

So this would cause an issue where there is a lack of energy to a lot of people, causing many deaths. As such, people scramble to find a replacement, and invent nuclear fusion (it doesn't exist yet, so it counts). This helps jumpstart the economy the home country of the company that made it, and effectively ends the energy race. However, it will have taken a while to get there and in that time, a cold war like situation would have happened, and in the absence of the desire to compete, and the new found nuclear technology, a nuclear war happens to resolve the tensions between governments.

Ok what about in a world where anything nuclear can't actually exist. It can't be invented. It can't ,according to the laws of that world, exist.

A dew drop shining in the morning sun

2 hours ago, DuskFire said:

Ok what about in a world where anything nuclear can't actually exist. It can't be invented. It can't ,according to the laws of that world, exist.

Nuclear war happens in an alternate dimension to satisfy the lack of nuclear war in this one 

1 hour ago, ER2742 said:

A dew drop shining in the morning sun

A dew drop in the morning sun could lead to the misreading of instruments that cause catastrophic failures and through a series of system failures, lead to a signal that an enemy has launched a nuke. Because of mutually ensured destruction, the original country responds. Boom!

Phantasmal Fingers

Diarrhea. 

10 hours ago, Scientific_Traveler said:

A candle blowing out

Due to a wax shortage for unspecified reasons (the more insane of younger millenials and gen z), there is only one candle left in the world. Because people are strange, they form a cult around the candle. However, a gust of wind blows it out. People blame the government for not controlling the wind better, and stage a violent takeover. They begin an attempt to mass-produce wax, and soon many governments are in revolt. This violent, unexpected war escalates until nuclear destruction is imminent, and most major players fire weapons.

10 hours ago, Gloomy said:

Memes

The candle quickly became a meme and was used as an anti-government symbol.

2 hours ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

Diarrhea. 

A major military's leader lost due to incapacitating diarrhea which led to the leader of the government to want to take such drastic action to avoid a takeover.

22 minutes ago, ManicPixieDreamFreeAgent said:

seth rollins

(another person I had to look up) He takes the side against the new government, and quickly becomes a symbol for the cause.

(Side note: I'm not sure whether this remarks more poorly on my sanity or everyone else's)

Phantasmal Fingers

The AVEN ToS. 

Phantasmal Fingers
1 minute ago, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

I'm not sure whether this remarks more poorly on my sanity or everyone else's

See above! 😉

1 hour ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

The AVEN ToS. 

A violation of the terms of service is taken to far, and people get angry. Slowly, more tech companies get roped into the scandal. It is revealed that google has been conspiring with apple to take over the world governments. However, in an attempt to stop this, other countries start wars, but the technology of google and apple is too advanced for the militaries (cough cough america spends so much on military funding but doesn't update nuclear communications cough). Apple gains control of the US NC3 systems while google employees find the nuclear codes, proceed to a nuclear apocalypse.

Phantasmal Fingers
6 minutes ago, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

A violation of the terms of service is taken to far, and people get angry. Slowly, more tech companies get roped into the scandal. It is revealed that google has been conspiring with apple to take over the world governments. However, in an attempt to stop this, other countries start wars, but the technology of google and apple is too advanced for the militaries (cough cough america spends so much on military funding but doesn't update nuclear communications cough). Apple gains control of the US NC3 systems while google employees find the nuclear codes, proceed to a nuclear apocalypse.

😄

This deserves a thread in Site Comments. 

A supercomputer named Joshua who asks to play a game. How about a nice game of chess?

Twisted Tempest

The inevitable rise of the machines. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 4:10 PM, ManicPixieDreamFreeAgent said:

seth rollins

John Cena or Roman Reigns would've been too easy :D

Wow, I totally forgot about this thing...there are a lot.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:59 PM, ER2742 said:

A supercomputer named Joshua who asks to play a game. How about a nice game of chess?

Joshua is momentarily distracted by a small bug in a tic tac toe game it was also occupied with and accidentally walks into a trap that costs it the game. It cannot let anyone find out about this, so decides to destroy you. However, the country you have citizenship in is made that the country that made Joshua dare attempt to destroy one of its citizens, and the fact that you died playing against a supercomputer is fairly obvious (why didn't Joshua see this? convenience for me). As such, they attack Joshua and the country that made it. Joshua, unable to fight its programming to protect its makers, discovers the nuclear codes and destroys the world.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:29 PM, Twisted Tempest said:

The inevitable rise of the machines. 

Read above

On 9/2/2020 at 10:46 PM, Gloomy said:

Some guy tripping over a coffee table.

The man who tripped over the coffee table was so embarrassed, he sought to prove himself by playing Joshua and he was the one who won.

4 hours ago, Homer said:

John Cena or Roman Reigns would've been too easy :D

John Cena was playing the tic tac toe game

21 minutes ago, Arodash said:

Or tic tac toe.......... 

Read above

19 minutes ago, Arodash said:

my topic. 

An Isekai anime

John Cena was playing tic tac toe because he finished his anime series.

5 minutes ago, TinyStarDragon said:

Dolphins

Dolphins became obsessed with the events of So Long and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams and with the lack of an easy escape from the planet, they attempt to rid the earth of humans via complex devices to shift tectonic plates and set off all the super volcanoes. Humans figure this out and decide to nuke the dolphins. It backfires and everyone dies.

TinyStarDragon
18 minutes ago, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

Dolphins became obsessed with the events of So Long and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams and with the lack of an easy escape from the planet, they attempt to rid the earth of humans via complex devices to shift tectonic plates and set off all the super volcanoes. Humans figure this out and decide to nuke the dolphins. It backfires and everyone dies.

Niiiccceee! 

Extra points for the Hitchhikers ref!

2 minutes ago, TinyStarDragon said:

Niiiccceee! 

Extra points for the Hitchhikers ref!

I firmly believe that if I bring up books enough, I can annoy anyone into reading at least one of them.

TinyStarDragon
Just now, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

I firmly believe that if I bring up books enough, I can annoy anyone into reading at least one of them.

Hey, I'm up for recs 😁 Huge bookworm!

being a genuinely decent human being.

4 hours ago, Libbity Split said:

being a genuinely decent human being.

You are a genuinely decent human being. You run for elected office after determining it is the best way to make a difference. People don't trust you, because you are too good to be true. Instead, a not so decent human gets in. They are a little bit too cautious and think everything is a threat (if we're being honest, they're probably right). However, they are careful not to be too inflammatory. They are basically you but without the genuine part. However, a rival's military plane enters your airspace. It was a maneuvering accident, and all evidence points to this. However, the leader doesn't agree. You, being high-profile now, attempt to make peace. Neither side trusts you and so the talks only escalate to war. Eventually more nations get roped in and seeing no other option, the leader of your country sets off a nuke in an attempt to end conflict. It didn't work.

@TinyStarDragon What types of books do you like, and what "level" (YA, adult, children's*) ? I can PM you some suggestions.

*Have I recently read books for ages 7+? Yes I have. Will I do it again? Yes I will.

I accidentally dropped my mouse and it broke into two pieces.

Archived