Give me a topic and I'll tell you how it could lead to nuclear war with no evidence

_Neon_

16 minutes ago, Verb said:

This thread.

This thread could be found by someone in a government and they could get ideas about how best to quell international troubles. Politicians are insane. They could read my random nonsense about how fandoms are just shadow governments and think that nuclear war is the only option to prevent nuclear war.

Phantasmal Fingers
1 minute ago, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

This thread could be found by someone in a government and they could get ideas about how best to quell international troubles. Politicians are insane. They could read my random nonsense about how fandoms are just shadow governments and think that nuclear war is the only option to prevent nuclear war.

💥

Phantasmal Fingers

The fact that we all live on Planet Earth. 

14 minutes ago, MaggieB said:

Strawberry dumplings 

Someone could eat a strawberry dumpling and it was poisoned. Its just a random person, but thats because it was meant to be sent to someone else (maybe, jumping to conclusions is a bad habit). Multiple ambassadors from multiple countries went to that restaurant that night. Who was it meant for? All of those countries go to war with each other. Eventually one is sure of its own loss without nuclear weapons, and decides that mutual destruction is a better option.

Phantasmal Fingers

The fact that I have just purchased TWO jars of spicy pickled onions!! 😂

That's an easy one for ya, right there! 🙂

Phantasmal Fingers
59 minutes ago, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

Someone could eat a strawberry dumpling and it was poisoned. Its just a random person, but thats because it was meant to be sent to someone else (maybe, jumping to conclusions is a bad habit). Multiple ambassadors from multiple countries went to that restaurant that night. Who was it meant for? All of those countries go to war with each other. Eventually one is sure of its own loss without nuclear weapons, and decides that mutual destruction is a better option.

"Back off, MaggieB"! 🙂

And I think I'm right in saying the B side was, "You've been told!"? 

And wasn't that actually an obscure 12' release by Dylan?  🙃

22 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

Cats

Due to cat's agility and general inconspicuousness, some country decides to plant a cat in the government building of another country with a spy device. The cat, being a cat, doesn't know how to stay hidden, and the spy device is found. A war is started.

12 minutes ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

How about dead cats? 

In fear that other cats have spy devices, they are slaughtered in great numbers. Animal rights groups cannot let this stand and enlist the help of other governments to fight against them. These other governments were looking for a chance to take down the original, and immediately enter the pre-existing war. It eventually becomes so insane that no one knows who is on what side. Someone fires a nuke at an ally. The ally fires at someone else, and so on.

11 minutes ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

The fact that we all live on Planet Earth. 

So ecoterrorists (people who commit crimes in the name of preventing climate change) decide that the only way to save the earth is to end all existing life. Humans are a scourge that must be erradicated, and unfortunatly, that comes with the price of other animals. They hack the US's  (scarily) weak NC3 systems and fire nukes at all countries with rudimentary nuclear abilities. The world is destroyed.

Phantasmal Fingers
4 minutes ago, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

So ecoterrorists (people who commit crimes in the name of preventing climate change) decide that the only way to save the earth is to end all existing life. Humans are a scourge that must be erradicated, and unfortunatly, that comes with the price of other animals. They hack the US's  (scarily) weak NC3 systems and fire nukes at all countries with rudimentary nuclear abilities. The world is destroyed.

Yep. Okay! 🙂

But how about this:- so many pubs serve s**t beer these days that sometimes it's hardly worth bothering to leave home. What if no-one does? What then? How will that lead - inevitably - to a 💥 of the nuclear variety? 

13 minutes ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

The fact that I have just purchased TWO jars of spicy pickled onions!! 😂

That's an easy one for ya, right there! 🙂

The company that you bought them from is very sketchy. The 2nd jar allowed them to make enough money to bribe most of a countries government. Another country catches wind of this and attempts to fight back. But the company is in multiple countries. Those countries support the company as well. The war escalates and everything goes boom.

12 minutes ago, Mackenzie Holiday said:

The extinction of humanity.

Aliens grab hold of abandoned human nuclear weapons and, without knowing the damage they can cause, start an intergalactic nuclear war.

Phantasmal Fingers

💥 

And ain't that the f**'in' juice?! 😆

4 minutes ago, AceAnimeFan said:

cake

A governmental takeover leads to the banning of cake. Pro-cake groups decide to enlist outside help, but the new government doesn't back down. They set off a nuclear bomb at their own citizens in a heavily pro-cake area, and then at another country. The country responds in kind.

9 minutes ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

Yep. Okay! 🙂

But how about this:- so many pubs serve s**t beer these days that sometimes it's hardly worth bothering to leave home. What if no-one does? What then? How will that lead - inevitably - to a 💥 of the nuclear variety? 

I'm going with no one leaving home as the catalyst, not the beer. Basically, no one has any motivation to leave home, and the work force is decimated. Some governments decide to start rather unethical programs to force people to work. Other governments and people realize that the only way to stop them is by starting a war (its really not but people are insane, and that is a fact). The unethical governments use this as an opportunity to take over the other countries, which leads to a nuclear showdown.

nutterwithasolderingiron

fugazi reunion. 

Phantasmal Fingers

Care Bears. 

Phantasmal Fingers

One single ready salted crisp. 

6 minutes ago, MsSelfDestruct said:

Netflix's Cuties (I'm curious to see how this goes)

I also had to look this one up, but I used Wikipedia, so at least my information will be varied at best. Netflix is very much ingrained in our culture. American Netflix has the most shows on it. However, other countries can still access American Netflix using a VPN. As with anything that discusses cultural values and disregarding them, people will get angry. In countries where is could be an issue with the government, they could go after the United States for allowing Netflix to show Cuties. This could eventually escalate to nuclear war.

12 minutes ago, nutterwithasolderingiron said:

fugazi reunion. 

A potential Fugazi reunion would likely cause increased US political instability, as people who want to defy quarantine and mask orders decide to go to the concert and defy any social distancing guidelines. Repercussions for them would be remarked upon negatively by current leadership, making Fugazi a political talking point. Anything they say or do will then be turned into a political weapon. The current government will grow slowly more unstable and a foreign operative could grab control. The US's allies will turn against it, leading to nuclear war.

13 minutes ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

Care Bears. 

Political parties just love to take things and turn them into talking points. They would do the same for care bears. If the company spoke up against it, they would lose money. However, another party will go after care bears, and the country that the company is based in will take this as a declaration of war. Fast forward a few years, and that country has gained a proxy who has a nuclear weapon. But that country has its own agenda, and when threatened, it lets loose. All out chaos ensues, ending in the nuclear destruction of the earth.

9 minutes ago, SenAlkazar said:

Penguins

Despite it being neutral territory, [choose a country with nuclear abilities] decides to take control of the artic to get more penguins for its zoos. Other countries use nuclear weapons to stop this flagrant disregard for a treaty.

The single skin flake that just fell on my pillow.

Phantasmal Fingers

Half a pound of tuppeny rice. Or half a pound of treacle. Tek yer pick! 🙂

21 minutes ago, soso-onbroadway said:

World peace

To create world peace, there is a necessity for all parties to be 100% happy. The only way to do this is for one political group to take control and silence all dissenters. While world peace may have been achieved, people still have their own opinions and would rise against whatever society had turned to for government and create a nuclear war to end it.

(Honestly I would love this opportunity to rant about how utopia is a paradox within itself but I won't because that's not the point)

Archived