Give me a topic and I'll tell you how it could lead to nuclear war with no evidence

_Neon_

Seriously. Anything.

I will use pure "logic" to explain how anything can lead to nuclear war.

Or, I make up random nonsense to predict nuclear doomsday. There will be gaps in reason, and much will be theoretical and unlikely.

An easy one to start with:

Pineapple on pizza

Just now, Homer said:

An easy one to start with:

Pineapple on pizza

Ok, so pineapple on pizza is a highly volatile topic that many people have an opinion on. It even has the potential to divide close friend. As such, it can divide political parties and lead to attempt to grab control of the US government, which is already unstable. This toppling of power will lead to nuclear war in an attempt to fill a power vacuum

4 minutes ago, Tempesta said:

Dandelions. Go 😆

It is common to be allergic to dandelions, and an assassination could be committed with a singular, inconspicuous weed. As such, it would make sense to ban them. However, they are also a food source that could help combat hunger. International companies that sell food could single-handedly cause nuclear war over the banning of dandelions, as different countries would up sanctions on the flower, leading to an unstable national political climate.

4 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Cheese on my hamburger when I'm lactose intolerant. 

Should you eat the burger while traveling to another country, one with potentially fraught ties to your own, any reaction that you have to the cheese could be interpreted by your own country as a direct, deliberate action against its citizens. Assuming that the company that you bought the burger from is international, your country could choose to shut down operations in its country. Assuming again, that it is a large company, this would hurt the global economy. Then other countries, namely the one that you ate the burger in would suffer, and respond with action against your home country. Other countries, including allies and proxies of each countries could go to war. All it would take is one country deciding to set off a nuclear bomb to end the world over your hamburger.

Phantasmal Fingers

Pickled Red Cabbage. 

1 minute ago, Karst said:

Webcomics.

Okay, so given the current US presidents opinion on all foreign media (I'm not trying to be too political, sorry if I offend anyone), he is likely to attempt to ban Webtoon, given as it is not based in the US. This could be seen as a direct attack on the South Korean economy. North Korea could take this as a show of support. After that, any retaliatory actions taken by the South Korean government against the US government, such as tarrifs, could have a response from North Korea. Given that both the US and North Korea, as well as some of both's proxy states have access to nuclear weapons, a simple webcomic site could create the unstable global political situation needed to cause a nuclear war.

Phantasmal Fingers

Stay Puft. 

Phantasmal Fingers

The fact that The Hon. Fotherington Thomas (who is a weed and is utterly wet) has won every prize in the school, including the 'Mrs Joyful Prize for Rafiawork.'

Hem, hem. 

Just now, Preal Jazz Hands said:

Pickled Red Cabbage. 

Ok, so cabbage is a very common food, and is used in many situations. However, all salad lettuce seems to encounter call backs at one time or another due to issues with bacteria and such. Should such a situation occur after cabbage is served to any world leader, and the cabbage is from a company based in another country, this could be mistaken as an assassination attempt, and responded to in kind, leading to global war, and in the the right circumstances, nuclear war.

Phantasmal Fingers
1 minute ago, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

Ok, so cabbage is a very common food, and is used in many situations. However, all salad lettuce seems to encounter call backs at one time or another due to issues with bacteria and such. Should such a situation occur after cabbage is served to any world leader, and the cabbage is from a company based in another country, this could be mistaken as an assassination attempt, and responded to in kind, leading to global war, and in the the right circumstances, nuclear war.

💥

My original nintendo DSi stylus, which I lost roughly 8 years ago

3 minutes ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

Stay Puft. 

Certain countries like to ban media that could be counter to the message that they are trying to import on their citizens. The Stay Puft marshmallow man is a feature in the ghostbuster's franchise, which shows American citizens inventing crazy devices. Some countries would prefer their citizens to only see their country as a leader in manufacturing and inventing. This could lead tensions between America and an unspecific other country should the Ghostbusters movie be shown unedited. One can assume that both countries have powerful proxy states that could hash out this war. However, militia groups will ferry back technology to reverse engineer, leaving nuclear weapons as the only viable ones to win the war.

Phantasmal Fingers

mkay. But we have nukes as well as America. Give me a scenario in which Boris Johnson presses the button because of Stay Puft. And never mind about the marketing gimmicks. Just stay focused on the fact that Stay Puft a great Porter. 🙂

1 minute ago, Life Of Tass said:

My original nintendo DSi stylus, which I lost roughly 8 years ago

Nintendo has an interest in selling as much as they can, and if you lose your stylus, thats good for their buisness. However, that doesn't allow them to steal from their customers. During a routine check, someone may find your missing stylus and report it. (What? I said that there would be a lot of nonsense). Once the news breaks that Nintendo was stealing their customers stuff, by looking through the personal information that customers submit (where they live, etc.), there will be backlash, and countries may blame the Japanese government for allowing this to occur. As the US has to protect Japan, they would be required to enter any conflict that may ensue. And they couldn't do it indirectly. Then, as the war escalates with the presence of a global super power, nuclear war is all but inevitable.

2 minutes ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

mkay. But we have nukes as well as America. Give me a scenario in which Boris Johnson presses the button because of Stay Puft. And never mind about the marketing gimmicks. Just stay focused on the fact that Stay Puft a great Porter. 🙂

Fun. In a potential struggle for power in Britian, someone uses Stay Puft as a symbol to overthrow Boris Johnson and the rest of the British government. They garner support from other countries. Backed into a corner, Boris Johnson sets off a nuke to attempt to end the war. It doesn't work. More countries get snowballed in. The world goes boom. (Sorry these are mostly US centric, I live there, so I know mostly US politics)

Phantasmal Fingers

Yes, going well here - keep it up! 😄

Phantasmal Fingers
3 minutes ago, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

Fun. In a potential struggle for power in Britian, someone uses Stay Puft as a symbol to overthrow Boris Johnson and the rest of the British government. They garner support from other countries. Backed into a corner, Boris Johnson sets off a nuke to attempt to end the war. It doesn't work. More countries get snowballed in. The world goes boom. (Sorry these are mostly US centric, I live there, so I know mostly US politics)

Weak. But a laudable effort! 🙂 Keep going...

15 minutes ago, Preal Jazz Hands said:

The fact that The Hon. Fotherington Thomas (who is a weed and is utterly wet) has won every prize in the school, including the 'Mrs Joyful Prize for Rafiawork.'

Hem, hem. 

I did have to look up what that was, but as he is a fictional character, many fans will have gotten outraged at the occurrence. They will relate this eventually to their own schools. They will attempt to change the school system, but be met with roadblock on every side from local and national governments. They will overthrow the government. They will threaten to start a war to get the ending they want. But its too late. The end has already been published. They will set off nuclear weapons. Other countries will respond in kind.

Phantasmal Fingers
Just now, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

I did have to look up what that was, but as he is a fictional character, many fans will have gotten outraged at the occurrence. They will relate this eventually to their own schools. They will attempt to change the school system, but be met with roadblock on every side from local and national governments. They will overthrow the government. They will threaten to start a war to get the ending they want. But its too late. The end has already been published. They will set off nuclear weapons. Other countries will respond in kind.

Yeah, okay I like it! 😀 But you don't mention prunes! What about 'The Revolt of the Prunes'? It's a key (fictional) event in British history, after all! 🙂

5 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Kinda of cheating since I know and have experienced the discrimination but for the hell of it, tell me how us weebs will cause a nuclear war lol

I kind of already did this one, but a bunch of fans take the premise of Stephen King's Misery and threaten a world leader(and said leader becomes basically a figurehead to the government of fans) to get the result that they want. Fans on the other side of the spectrum overthrow a different government. Torn between two bad options, the author(s) make a decision. The two governments both launch weapons at the others. Other countries attempted to stop it but failed. (I do honestly believe that diehard fans are insane enough to do this. Of any fandom)

Phantasmal Fingers
7 minutes ago, MaggieB said:

Strawberry dumplings 

That's pretty f***ing explosive right there, @MaggieB💥

Phantasmal Fingers
9 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

Cats

How about dead cats? 

Archived