• EGirl/EBoy
    • Goth
    • Scene
    • Emo
    • Hipster
    • Hippy/boho
    • I don't belong to any of these

4 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I used to be scene, emo, goth stuff like that but now my fashion style would probably be best described as... idk? Lol I wear jeans, various types of boots with a flannel and keep my hair cut short

Ya I'm not sure if that falls under a fashion style fad or not.

Do you wear a stetson too?

[X] wat??

Edit - aren't all fashion trends "fads" in the end?

nutterwithasolderingiron

ok. personally, i've always felt like tying one's identity to fashion is a bit of a weird thing to do. but if i had to describe my style, i'd go with grunge/post-punk style. 

Who's into fashion fads? may be a more inclusive question.

I like some fashion fads more than others (specially on others) but they are all trying to push you into a cliché. With some styles, a lot of work (and money) is needed to adjust your body to the style. It's against my beliefs and bad for self-acceptance. There may even be some consumerism targetting the people who are trying to show their identity. I like to take the best elements that fit me out of every trend. Sorry if this often looks wtf...

2 hours ago, Arodash said:

Something like this

That was my second guess.

2 hours ago, nutterwithasolderingiron said:

one's identity to fashion is a bit of a weird thing to do

Yea, for me when I was younger everyone fit somewhere and I always wanted to belong in somewhere. Now I don't care for this fad stuff but we are all at different stages so I know people who are still into the fads.

None, I'm not a fashionista 

Grumpy Alien

It’s not 2007 and I’m not in high school so none of the above.

MsSelfDestruct

Industrial by itself never really was a fad but it's close to goth/cybergoth but I rather walk on glass than dress or be involved with cyber goths.

I dressed like a goth when I was in high school, I don't particularly aim for anything other than what makes me comfortable nowadays but my style is pretty similar to Hipster so I guess I'd be that?

People call me a hipster all the time so I guess sure I'm a hipster.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:14 PM, GingerRose said:

Decora - Japanese style guide

Lady looks like she took a dive into a pile of Light-Brites

Just now, Marrow said:

My fashion pretty much:

bearded-man-lumberjack-260nw-392445928.j

And yes, I carry a massive splitting axe with me as well

J. van Deijck

I have been a goth for most of my life, but I'm afraid it looked completely different than the American fashion fad.

• 4 months later...

man, it's difficult to say what do you personally need, fashion it`s not a certain pattern, if somebody going crazy with wearing leopard leggings with a short top on a catwalk, it doesn`t mean that you need to follow such a daft style. If you need any assistance in finding your style, for the beginning, just go through some common classy fashion guides, like this style guide for men whatever

I consider the fashion industry as a way to choose for yourself what do you need, what suits you, how you want to express yourself and so on, just as a way of getting imagination about clothes and styles but NOT as a certain pattern to look like

I usually just go for a practical "jeans/cargo pants and flannel" look, but I tried some regrettable styles out as a teenager.

J. van Deijck
On 8/18/2020 at 5:38 AM, MsSelfDestruct said:

Industrial by itself never really was a fad but it's close to goth/cybergoth but I rather walk on glass than dress or be involved with cyber goths.

I was quite the opposite and for some reason people haven't judged me for that.

Archived