I Hate Naked Bodies

Hate is not the term I'd use. I'd rather not see them, feel uncomfortable when I do see them (unless it's a deliberate choice), dislike yes 

• Like 4

They make me feel really awkward but I wouldn't say I hate them, hate is too strong a feeling, I guess much like the Skycaptain above I would say they cause me discomfort.

• Like 2

I am not ace... but I don't like seeing naked bodies, except for my wife. Everyone else, please keep as many clothes on as you can. Yes, that includes men not wearing shirts. I tend to avert my eyes if anyone is less than fully clothed. And skip scenes in movies with nudity. 

I look at it this way... Before I went to college, I worked in a state hospital (yeah, like in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - that kind of place)... so I have seen plenty, okay?

Most people definitely look better with their clothes on.  Very few people probably look good naked - only maybe artist's models and / or top athletes look okay without clothes on.  Seriously, okay?

I don't hate the human body, but a lot of things are definitely prettier.  Nuff said.

• Like 3

There we go.

rainbow-puke-uq3-prints.jpg?wait=0&attem

• Like 2
Rockblossom

There's just something about naked humans, however fit and tanned they may be, that just seems so weak and vulnerable.  Like how a snail can be kind cute carrying around its shell but a slug is just creepy and slimy. 

There's an old episode of Newhart  where Bob visits a colleague's office at a nudist resort.  The man is behind a desk in one of those executive office chairs, which he spins around in circles, declaring that  nudity makes him feel so freeeee!  There's a pause, then Bob says :  "Okay, but ... don't you stick to the chair?"

• Like 1

Anyway, for me, if it isn't being presented in a blatantly sexual manner (like it's really trying to appeal to certain base desires that I obviously don't have), I don't care at all about nakedness, male or female.  I've grown rather indifferent to it all.

Have you had that image saved for a while now, Philip?

I had a google image search tab ready to go, if that's what you mean.

• Like 3
BlakeTheNightowl~
2 hours ago, sallimae76 said:

Does anyone else feel the same?

Yeah I hate it it’s traumatic 

andreas1033

Glad i was, and am just dead to peoples bodies, and always will be.

I will never understand, why people get excited seeing someone naked.

I am glad too, about that.

I never had no feelings towards them, and i am glad.

• Like 1
BlakeTheNightowl~
9 minutes ago, andreas1033 said:

Glad i was, and am just dead to peoples bodies, and always will be.

I will never understand, why people get excited seeing someone naked.

I am glad too, about that.

I never had no feelings towards them, and i am glad.

Relatable glad to 

Anthracite_Impreza

I like these naked bodies ;) (even sexier in the rain too :ph34r:)

Spoiler

delorean-2015-082.jpg?itok=X14WNFiw

@CBC @Telecaster68 Get a room! :P

• Like 5
Anthracite_Impreza
15 minutes ago, CBC said:

@Anthracite_Impreza Will do, but that's no guarantee the exhibitionism won't continue... :P 

*grumbles and hides in the garage*

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to really, really freak out about nudity, to the point that I would have a prolonged panic attack if I saw a picture of a naked person.  Shortly after I figured out I was ace, I realized that a lot of this anxiety was based on fear of feelings of attraction that I don’t fully experience, so that took a lot of the sting out of it.  I think I’d assumed that most  displays of nudity actually were sexual, regardless of what the artist attested, because a lot of people seeing it were feeling things that I thought I understood, but did not.

No one should feel the need to force themselves to overcome their nudity aversion, but I kind of got tired of freaking out about it, and worked myself through it.  I’ve gone from finding bodies terrifying to just finding them kind of weird and silly looking.  I’d still greatly prefer not to see any real life naked people if I can avoid it, but I can stomach seeing a small amount of nude artwork, if I can be assured that the artist had the right intent.  I’ve seen some artists who excel at what I guess you would call “body positivity” artwork; bodies that don’t necessarily match society’s beauty standards.  Seeing people drawn in a this manner has really helped me come to terms with the human form.

Hold on, though, because this is where the story gets really strange. Through some awkward coincidence befitting a 90’s sitcom, while browsing aforementioned art, I recognized in the comments the real life name of a guy I’ve been working with for ten years (very nice, super religious guy).  After thinking this had to be some weird coincidence, I checked his Facebook profile,  and he’s apparently been a practicing nudist this whole time.  I am okay with this if it brings him joy, but I feel exceedingly awkward that I now know it.

—Edit:  I feel like I kind of hijacked this thread with my big long story, so I’m moving this comment to a new topic.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
hudsonvalley76

I hate naked bodies. I am repulsed by genitalia. 

• Like 3
Sister Mercurial

Hate is a strong word, but I definitely get a sense of "Oh good grief, I really didn't need to see that" (or even sometimes, in the case of some images I've stumbled across without looking for them, "Well, with that much skin, it must be naked something, but I don't even recognise it from that angle").  

• Like 2

To me nudity is totally disgusting.

I can just bear exposure to partial nudity in classical artwork on good days but the real thing, even seeing myself in the nude, is so repulsive it makes me sick.

Situations where there is a risk this might happen make me afraid. A few times I outright panicked in the past.

Nowadays I have found ways to avoid that.

• Like 1

I'm not ace, but I'm very uncomfortable around naked bodies or being naked myself, except with a close romantic partner where its great.

I worked in a hospital before going to college; believe me, most people look better with their clothes on.

It depends on the body lol. I mean, I wouldn't say no to seeing Henry Cavill naked. I did a life drawing class at college where we had only one life model - a dude in his sixties - but I was totally OK with that experience, I really enjoyed life drawing. Genitals aren't exactly pleasing on the eye, and neither is fat but I'm not overly averse to nakedness. 

MinnieMouse
On 5/17/2022 at 3:59 AM, hudsonvalley76 said:

I hate naked bodies. I am repulsed by genitalia. 

I'm repulsed by genitalia too. And I must also say that I find naked human bodies very ugly (including my own). I know that for lots of people naked bodies are beautiful, but to me they are way more aestetically attractive with clothes on. 

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
Sebastian The Bat

its a bit odd 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 10:40 PM, MinnieMouse said:

I'm repulsed by genitalia too. And I must also say that I find naked human bodies very ugly (including my own). I know that for lots of people naked bodies are beautiful, but to me they are way more aestetically attractive with clothes on. 

This is definitely me. Whenever a partner started to undress (before I discovered the term asexual) I stopped them and said that they were prettier with their clothes on.
I also find genitals ugly.
The exceptions to the rule are classic sculptures because they are impersonal.

• Like 1
On 1/23/2023 at 2:01 PM, Estë said:

This is definitely me. Whenever a partner started to undress (before I discovered the term asexual) I stopped them and said that they were prettier with their clothes on.
I also find genitals ugly.
The exceptions to the rule are classic sculptures because they are impersonal.

I know exactly what you mean! I would like to start swimming on a regular basis, but that means I would have to shower in front of strangers and THAT means I can't avoid naked bodies AND let everyone else see me with absolutely no clothes on in the shower room. I wish there were private showers but none of the local indoor swimming pools has. 

I'm okay with sculptures too, thanks to the fact that their genitals aren't real. 

• Like 1
Sister Mercurial

@MinnieMouse At most swimming pools in my area, people wear their swimming costumes in the showers unless there are private cubicles.  

On 1/30/2023 at 2:56 AM, Sister Mercurial said:

@MinnieMouse At most swimming pools in my area, people wear their swimming costumes in the showers unless there are private cubicles.  

Yeah, some people do that here too, although it's not allowed. Last time I visited a swimming pool most people were naked in the showers, though. I've bought the things I need for swimming now and I'm actually planning to go next week. I'm nervous about the showers, but I've decided to go in the morning when there are less people. If I feel too exposed in the shower I don't have to go back.