ADHD//Curiosity

GingerRose

For those with ADHD (any type): Do you think having ADHD makes you more curious?

Hm. Not sure. I also got autism so actually I've got quite the annoying tunnel thinking that hinders me to explore the world and it is also hard to come by.

Theacechemist

Yes, I do think so. Though I am naturally curious I think my ADHD makes me more curious, if only because not being able to focus sometimes leads me to jump from thought to thought which has lead me to lots of random and weird questions. I recently started keeping a list of them just for fun. 

I go with yes because I always find myself coming up with odd questions and if something pops up in my vision I'll follow that until something else does

On 8/9/2020 at 1:53 PM, Anthony019 said:

am naturally curious I think my ADHD makes me more curious,

I feel the same for myself. It's like all the distraction causes me to notice things others don't so I am more curious about the little details of life.

ADHD means that I can develop obsessions for a few weeks then abandon them totally. I've always been inquisitive but get bored without finding anything new 

• 3 months later...
On 8/15/2020 at 5:00 PM, Sleighcaptain said:

ADHD means that I can develop obsessions for a few weeks then abandon them totally

Is this where this comes from? I just thought I loved research... 

Archived