Sex-repulsed

Pinball Wizard

Pinball Wizard

It's so tough to be severely sex-repulsed in a sex centered society. I feel like everything I do, watch, hear, I have to carefully meander to find a safe option for myself that doesn't include sex jokes/ visuals/ commentary etc--which is in so much. Not to mention living with a partner that isn't like this and consumes so much of what I'd never watch/or read. It's isolating, I wish I had sex-repulsed friends...or just friends in general lol. Sigh....(playing the tiniest violin for myself)

yes, we are rare. Hard to keep a conversation with friends sometimes. And it is hard to explain to friends why I am uncomfortable with adult topics. I tried to tell my friend the other day "think of me like a big baby who can only watch kids cartoons". Did not help. But these days I am binge watching "Boss Baby". I find it relaxing how intelligent and Asexual Boss baby and all characters in the movie are. 

Society's obsession with sex  can get really frustrating. I avoid romance films like the plague but somehow a gratuitous sex-scene winds up in every other thriller I watch. 

If you don't already you should start listening to metal music- why listen to people brag out their hook-ups when you could listen to people screaming about the glory of Valhalla? Foreign language music is another safe option, you can't get grossed out by lyrics you don't understand!

brbdogsonfire
1 hour ago, xenonex said:

Society's obsession with sex  can get really frustrating. I avoid romance films like the plague but somehow a gratuitous sex-scene winds up in every other thriller I watch. 

If you don't already you should start listening to metal music- why listen to people brag out their hook-ups when you could listen to people screaming about the glory of Valhalla? Foreign language music is another safe option, you can't get grossed out by lyrics you don't understand!

GloryHammer, a high fantasy power metal band that sings about a kingdom fighting off an immortal wizard! No sex involved and great for writing a dnd campaign.

1 hour ago, xenonex said:

Foreign language music is another safe option, you can't get grossed out by lyrics you don't understand!

That's one reason why I love Cirque du Soleil soundtracks. They invent their own language, so they're basically singing gibberish, but they sing it with such feeling and emotion that I still connect with it on a very deep emotional and visceral level.

40 minutes ago, brbdogsonfire said:

GloryHammer

They sound awesome. I'm obsessed with Blind Guardian at the moment- their music is the perfect way to end a Lord of the Rings marathon!

brbdogsonfire
3 hours ago, xenonex said:

They sound awesome. I'm obsessed with Blind Guardian at the moment- their music is the perfect way to end a Lord of the Rings marathon!

Blind guardian is cool but I'm not a huge fan of them. GloryHammer Is for sure a very non-serious band, and all of their songs together tell a single story. If you have heard alestorm it's the same singer.

TheNostalgicAce

On 8/8/2020 at 1:05 PM, KathyHoh said:

yes, we are rare. Hard to keep a conversation with friends sometimes. And it is hard to explain to friends why I am uncomfortable with adult topics. I tried to tell my friend the other day "think of me like a big baby who can only watch kids cartoons". Did not help. But these days I am binge watching "Boss Baby". I find it relaxing how intelligent and Asexual Boss baby and all characters in the movie are. 

We are all just a bunch of Boss Babies! 😂 I love it!

Archived