• Athletics\Track and Field
    • Rugby
    • Formula 1
    • Boxing
    • Ice Hockey
    • Volleyball
    • Golf
    • Baseball
    • American Football (including Canadian Football)
    • Mixed Martial Arts
    • MotoGP
    • Field Hockey
    • Badminton
    • Cycling
    • Swimming
    • Other (Please say)
  2. 2. What is your favourite sport (in Any capacity)?

• Football\Soccer
    • Basketball
    • Cricket
    • Tennis
    • Athletics\Track and Field
    • Rugby
    • Formula 1
    • Boxing
    • Ice Hockey
    • Volleyball
    • Golf
    • Baseball
    • American Football (including Canadian Football)
    • Mixed Martial Arts
    • MotoGP
    • Field Hockey
    • Badminton
    • Cycling
    • Swimming
    • Other (Please say)

This poll is closed to new votes

F1 and hockey of those on the list, and the extras are pretty much all motorsport: IndyCar, WEC, Formula E, sometimes F2 and F3 as well. F1's my favourite overall, but hockey is pretty obviously my favourite non-motorsport sport, since it's also the only one I like. XD But I do like it a lot.

As far as taking part, I don't do that much; I kart (local leagues and such), and I do HEMA but I've never participated in any tournaments, so that doesn't entirely count. I like biking and swimming but I've never done either in a sporting capacity, just for fun.

I like to do cycling, hiking, running, swimming, canoeing, downhill skiing. Just realised those are all individual outdoor sports.

I don't watch sports often but if I do I like to watch for example kinball, football/soccer, figure skating, Irish step dancing or muggle quidditch.

I never really watched sports unless my friends were playing in it. I played a bit of softball, basketball, volleyball, and mixed martial arts growing up. 

American football is REALLY big where I live, but I never cared for it.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:50 PM, Caliway said:

I’ve been doing dance for about 12 years, so it’s definitely my favorite sport. Some people don’t think dance is a sport which is so annoying. 

My sister and cousin did dance for several years. It can totally be competitive 

Phantasmal Fingers

Clicki - ba'! 😃

I go through periods of MMA and boxing fandom.

1 hour ago, carryfiasco said:

Snooker.  I'm watching the world champs now, and while a lot of people find it boring, i find it fascinating.

I think you got snookered. (in the American sense) ;) 

I don't practice any sports.

As for watching, that would be ski jumping... and that's pretty much it, when it comes to sitting through the whole event. Though these days I rarely watch even that in its entirety. I used to watch football, sometimes field hockey and volleyball, but, again, I grew bored of it, or just too apathetic. I check the results, watch the highlights, and that's usually it.

J. van Deijck

Basketball all the way, then also cycling.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, Homer said:

the invention of sports like ski jumping has "hold my beer" written all over it.

And then the weirdness factor increases when you consider summer ski jumping. :D There's a Summer Grand Prix event unfolding right now as we speak in Wisła, Poland. It's the sole survivor of the otherwise scrapped summer 2020 season. 

Favourite of the list would be biking! I love the versatility of it, how you can take your bike and go from point A to point B quickly for small distances, or how it can be an actual day-long outing in the forest. I just love it.

That being said, I live in a city where every driver seems to want my death when I'm on my bike.

To watch: most motorsports (if I don't need a pricey subscription to watch it). Specifically F1 (highlights or sneaky VPNing), BTCC, WRC, DTM, Formula E.

To do: badminton and archery

Tennis! Although Cycling is also fun.

I don't watch a lot of sports but Ice Hockey I occasionally watch with family. Coming from a cycling family we all watch the Tour (on right now actually) and keep abreast on the Vuelta and the Giro.

Phantasmal Fingers

Test match cricket. 

I always thought cycling looked cool. I actually never learned how to ride a bike, but I have an exercise bike at home. 😀 As for sports to actually play, I'd pick golf or badminton perhaps, any sport that has a low likelihood of me getting injured. 😅 I was very good at hockey back in school though, I used it to get out my pent up aggression. 😎

My favourite sport is orienteering. It involves running through a forest (it can be through any terrain including urban but this is most common) racing to find orange kites in order using a map and compass.

On 8/31/2020 at 4:54 PM, Preal Jazz Hands said:

Test match cricket. 

I tried reading about cricket and I'm confused about the types of competitions there and how they relate to each other. 

@Raindrops

Ice hockey, presumably? or was it field hockey?

Phantasmal Fingers
12 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

I tried reading about cricket and I'm confused about the types of competitions there and how they relate to each other. 

@Raindrops

It is confusing if you're unfamiliar with it, I agree. It's proverbially difficult to explain even one form to anyone unless you're actually both watching a game. 

2 hours ago, Piotrek said:

@Raindrops

Field hockey. 🙂 The other students would dodge out of the way when they saw me coming. 😆

@Raindrops

That's not the type of hockey that I would associate with aggression. Although I remember reading in one hockey event programme that the sport is actually full of injuries. Certainly not what it looks like from the spectator's perspective.

I used to play field hockey and lacrosse in middleschool and highschool so they'll always have a special place in my heart.  My dad got me into volleyball because he used to play and watched hockey and cycling a lot with me growing up, so they're probably my favorite sports to watch.  I've been taking Northern Shaolin Kung Fu since I was 12 and am missing it dearly right now because of covid.

@onlyrei42

Another person brings up field hockey :) I live next to a stadium and in the 90s/early 00s I watched several events there, and even though I haven't been to a game for years, I still have a soft spot for the sport (e.g I watched some of the live YT Men's World Cup broadcasts).  

Also, I've noticed that lacrosse and field hockey may have a shared base, so to speak. I recall talking to one person here who also mentioned practising both. Plus, there is a lacrosse team in my city (a rarity where I live) and, to my knowledge, they practise on the field hockey stadium I mentioned earlier. Is that shared interest indeed a thing, in your experience?

14 hours ago, Piotrek said:

@onlyrei42

Another person brings up field hockey :) I live next to a stadium and in the 90s/early 00s I watched several events there, and even though I haven't been to a game for years, I still have a soft spot for the sport (e.g I watched some of the live YT Men's World Cup broadcasts).  

Also, I've noticed that lacrosse and field hockey may have a shared base, so to speak. I recall talking to one person here who also mentioned practising both. Plus, there is a lacrosse team in my city (a rarity where I live) and, to my knowledge, they practise on the field hockey stadium I mentioned earlier. Is that shared interest indeed a thing, in your experience?

Actually yea! A lot of us played one or the other as our "off season sport" so we'd stay in good shape, so at least for my middle school, high school, and university, the teams were practically all the same people! The sports require a lot of the same skills and strengths so I guess that's why we picked them.

• 1 year later...

@Scott1989

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived