Gender non-conforming people

inactive userrr

inactive userrr

As I guess, gender non-conforming means that people present gender that isn't aligned with their actual one. E. g. cisgender presenting as non-binary or androgynous as feminine, etc. 

Are here any gender non-conforming people? Why do you choose to present another gender? 

50ShadesOfGreyAndPurple

sorry if my reply lacks what you're looking for, it feels like it may

gender was never something strong in my life and i only get mild dysphoria but i choose agendered and with people use my personality to show that i don't want to do or be overly masculine, like wearing lumberjack jackets and going "Grr" when i see people. Being agendered online is just a way of avoiding that, although i here it doesn't come up much

Janus the Fox

I’m Male, MtF, non-binary, Transgender, Agender and have or prefer a feminine gender expression.  I think this is fairly ‘non-conforming’ to me.  I do wonder if or when HRT would do for this identity.

Shortened to ‘Foxy Femboy’ being also furry hehe 😛 

4 hours ago, Mike Blair said:

As I guess, gender non-conforming means that people present gender that isn't aligned with their actual one. E. g. cisgender presenting as non-binary or androgynous as feminine, etc. 

Are here any gender non-conforming people? Why do you choose to present another gender? 

How I've always seen it is presenting in a way that's likely to cause dissonance among people who are invested in policing traditional gender roles. I get called GNC because I sometimes wear my hair long. I definitely get that if I wear a skirt outside of my house. 

I don't know, ever since I was a child I was always fairly androgynous and people referred to me as male or female interchangeably, mostly out of confusion or bullying than anything else, but you know since I've never really experienced attraction nor was I particularly anything since I did choose to embrace that androgynous look I had going on rather than pushing back I don't really feel like anything if I'm entirely honest.

It's not like a feeling that makes any particular sense I just find the idea rather pointless, I'm not interested in sex or romance so there's no point of being anything either and as such I don't feel like I should present as anything in particular, so I mostly use clothes that would be fine for either gender and try to make an effort to look relatively androgynous though I'm not sure I'd consider myself as such, it's just that neutrality that allows me to best express how I feel though I guess looking like a robot would achieve the same effect thought it wouldn't be fashionably acceptable.

Galactic Turtle

It's just the style I like. I never saw gender stereotypes as a rule of law, just as antiquated suggestions. I see what I like then I buy it.

I'm strongly drawn to a very specific look: retro blue-collar male, meaning white T-shirt, retro button shirt open over it, jeans folded up at the cuffs, white socks, and Converse All-Stars. I'm AFAB, but that doesn't change what I'm drawn to, and I want to dress in the style that I like.

Archived