Asexual Presentation!

Tasha22

Hello!

I made this presentation for one of my clubs at school and thought someone else might benefit from it. It is super informative but also fun. It has stuff such as basic definitions, pop culture representation, and relatable memes.

Click Here!

Hope you like it and might find a use for it.

I liked the number of memes. Those are definitely an important part of aro and/or ace culture.

I had no idea that Caitlyn Jenner was asexual, though. Do you have a source on that? I know Tim Gunn has spoken about it, but the way he described it made it less clear whether he was asexual or celibate.

I also didn't know garlic bread was an ace thing. I definitely approve of that, possibly more than cake.

Good presentation, but on the slide about combined flags you say that bi people are attracted to all genders, but someone who is bi is only attracted to two genders.

twoblackcats

This is fantastic! Great job. I think this could be really useful as an educational too. Thanks for making and sharing this!

48 minutes ago, Snao Cone (me) said:

I liked the number of memes. Those are definitely an important part of aro and/or ace culture.

I had no idea that Caitlyn Jenner was asexual, though. Do you have a source on that? I know Tim Gunn has spoken about it, but the way he described it made it less clear whether he was asexual or celibate.

I also didn't know garlic bread was an ace thing. I definitely approve of that, possibly more than cake.

She has said stuff about not feeling sexual attraction in a couple interviews and it mentions asexuality on her wiki page 

https://www.allure.com/story/caitlyn-jenner-sex-dating-women-memoir

49 minutes ago, MermaidGirl48 said:

Good presentation, but on the slide about combined flags you say that bi people are attracted to all genders, but someone who is bi is only attracted to two genders.

Yea, me and my bi friends personally define bisexual as attraction to the same and other genders, and pansexual as attraction regardless of gender. Individuals can define it for themselves in slightly different ways to describe their own experiences but since they fall under the umbrella of poly or omnisexual identities, and since that aligns more with how my bi friends say they experience it, I went with that. 

Gifted With Singleness
On 8/4/2020 at 5:45 PM, Snao Cone (me) said:

I also didn't know garlic bread was an ace thing.

Garlic bread is to the Reddit ace community what cake is to AVEN.

I have one role I never click on links from people I don't know or trust personally.

And please no garlic anything please.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:46 PM, GiftedWithSingleness said:

Garlic bread is to the Reddit ace community what cake is to AVEN.

Is it based off that meme where it's like "Choose: No sex for the rest of your life OR free Olive Garden breadsticks" and everyone chooses the breadsticks because fucking yes? [my god, I miss them, toooo ;A; ]

Gifted With Singleness
1 minute ago, Karret said:

Is it based off that meme where it's like "Choose: No sex for the rest of your life OR free Olive Garden breadsticks" and everyone chooses the breadsticks because fucking yes? [my god, I miss them, toooo ;A; ]

I think it started back in 2015 with someone tweeting "YEAH SEX IS COOL BUT HAVE YOU EVER HAD GARLIC BREAD", which led to the Garlic Bread Memes Facebook page. This page exploded in popularity and kept making tons of memes about how garlic bread is the best thing in the entire universe. I actually remember following that page back in the day. Many of the memes treated garlic bread as though it was a drug that could get you high (often abbreviated gbread), and there was also a consensus that banana bread is the exact opposite of garlic bread and thus total shit. In fact, if you had anything positive to say about banana bread, the entire comment section would blast you as a heretic. It was basically a garlic bread cult.

Anyway, these memes were so popular that many of them ended up on the subreddit r/garlicbreadmemes. One thing led to another, and somehow the Reddit ace community decided that these memes were perfect for ace culture. (Probably because many of these memes already treated garlic bread as superior to sex.)

On 8/18/2020 at 1:34 AM, GiftedWithSingleness said:

I think it started back in 2015 with someone tweeting "YEAH SEX IS COOL BUT HAVE YOU EVER HAD GARLIC BREAD", which led to the Garlic Bread Memes Facebook page. This page exploded in popularity and kept making tons of memes about how garlic bread is the best thing in the entire universe. I actually remember following that page back in the day. Many of the memes treated garlic bread as though it was a drug that could get you high (often abbreviated gbread), and there was also a consensus that banana bread is the exact opposite of garlic bread and thus total shit. In fact, if you had anything positive to say about banana bread, the entire comment section would blast you as a heretic. It was basically a garlic bread cult.

Anyway, these memes were so popular that many of them ended up on the subreddit r/garlicbreadmemes. One thing led to another, and somehow the Reddit ace community decided that these memes were perfect for ace culture. (Probably because many of these memes already treated garlic bread as superior to sex.)

LOL

That's fun. X'D What an origin. Fun times. UuU

Archived