Gender Euphoria?

NickyTannock

NickyTannock

I'm not sure, but I think I may have had my first taste of Gender Euphoria today.

On Saturday I'd come out as Non-Binary to my Dad, which you can read about here: https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/200809-i-came-out-as-non-binary-today/

And he's supporting my transition.
I have ordered new gender-neutral shoes, and have an appointment to speak to my GP about a referral to a Gender Identity Clinic.
Anyway, today he helped me with shaving my body (just my back, I did everywhere else in private), with a woman's body shaving kit I bought yesterday that had just arrived, and it felt like I almost had my real body.
I'm not sure how to describe it, but I was looking at my arms, and it felt like I was looking at my real arms but with someone else's hands still attached.
There was some disappointment with still not recognising my hands as being mine, but it was overshadowed by a profound sense of happiness that I was finally seeing something of mine when looking at my arms.
And it felt like that with other parts of my body as well.

Is this what I think it is?

Purple Red Panda

I'm really happy for you 💜

Grey-Ace Ventura

Hell yeah! Congrats!!

I'm happy for you. Yeah; that does sound like gender euphoria. I saw some MTF trans people explain in their Youtube videos (about what it felt like for them in the beginning of their transition) that hair removal felt very important to them, made them feel good/better about themselves, their body, etc.

Dysphoria doesn't come about without the potential for euphoria being there somewhere.  Yin and yang, two sides of the same coin, etc.

So yeah, sounds like euphoria to me.

Janus the Fox

I've had this same experience first time body shaving as well.  Gender is more realised than a euphoria at the moment for me, along with other things like extensive exercise to bring down fat and muscle, growing hair and nails long and using body moisturiser to soften skin.

Yeah, body hair removal (legs, arms, underarms, etc.) can be a good feeling for some. Seeing how it looks can be good, too. I like it for myself, and I'm not even particularly hairy. Clothing items, doing things like growing out (or cutting) hair or nails, nail polish, etc., can also be fun and make some of us feel more like ourselves or like we are expressing at least part of ourselves. Doing any of those things for the first time can be a big release, too. :D 

DuranDuranfan

Sounds like me when I first put on a binder and added more masc clothing to my wardrobe.

Archived