A very confusing and questionable question

Anon15

Please read all the way through without skimming!!
So i am in a bit of a confusing spot. Ive gained a reasonable amount of romantic attraction to a girl and we have become very good friends. From mutual friends i have found out she likes me. There is just one problem she is 14 and i am 16. She is 1 and a half years younger so there will be a period where i will be 16 and she will be 15 i know that doesn’t change much but i thought i made me less noncey. She has also always been around people my age instead of her own again i know that doesnt change anything at all but i still feel it is necessary information to provide. Where i live (the uk) it is completely legal to date her but many people have considered it morally wrong. I obviously am not going to be doing anything sexual due to being ace but still wanted a completely unbiased opinion from people who dont know either party. I do not normally go for younger girls for this reason but she had become apart of my friend group without me being aware of her age and i only found out about the age difference after getting to know her. I really am not a pedo and would never go actively looking for a younger girl but again i would just like completely outside opinions on the matter. Many thanks :)  

Most coupled people are not the exact same age, so I don't see why this matters so much, especially if you're not going to be having sex anyway and therefore don't stand any chance of breaking any minority consent laws or whatever.

People are always going to be opinionated and judgey of relationships that aren't theirs.  Just gotta learn to tune it out, because the only opinions that matter are those of the people in the relationship.

I think you should talk with her. If you are no comfortable to do a relationship is not going to work; just a waste of time from both sides. (No mean to be rude, is just I understand you can feel trapped; but believe me being bold about it can help)

Sarah-Sylvia

It's really not a big deal, but I get if there's somehow pressure around there for just 2 years difference then you have to decide if it's comfortable or not for you. 2 years really isn't much though.

Archived