Stuffed Animals

Missing

Stuffed Animals  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently have a stuffed animal?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many stuffed animals do you have?

• 2-4
    • 5-9
    • 10+
  3. 3. Do any of them have names?

• I don't have any stuffed animals
    • Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I lost all the ones I used to have in a fire almost 10 years ago and I tend to live very frugally so I haven't really bought any since, but I do like them, I also lost my PS3, my PC and many other things in that fire, oh well at least the fire was pretty.

Anomaly Q3Xr

I had loads as a kid, lots them when I was homeless, and started collecting them again a few years back.  I now have about 30 odd. I generally get them from places I visit, but sometimes I see one and just got to have it.  They comfort me when I am lonely, until I can replace them with a Human (I'll still keep them really).

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

I have more than ten just sitting around my room, and many more stored in a box in my closet. Almost all of them have names.

One does not simply ask if this is a “need” or a “ant”. It’s a body pillow btw:o

AR-31644-2.jpg?v-cache=1594393707

Oh sadly I’ve got no plushies unless you count my roommate, he’s got chonker cheeks that go squish squish.

I have a loooot more than 10. 😁

Most of them have names. These days I'd say the majority of them are Disney.

I've got back into stuffed animals after seeing Jenny Nicholson's love of them.

I'm also a huge Disney Parks fan so I've tried to buy a plushie from every different park I've been to.

UndertaleGirl

Also, I'm considering buying a stuffed Jiji to add to my collection since my favorite movie is Kiki's Delivery Service.

I loveeeee Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli, I wouldn't mind a Jiji plush either.

I have quite a few.  Some of the ones from my childhood have names.  A lot of the ones I still have are ones that relatives have given me or they have some other special meaning to me.

A bear named buddy from when I was a baby

A bear named snuggles my grandma gave me

A large bear my grandma gave me

a husky named alaska my grandma gave me

A black lab beanie baby named luke

A small brown bear from Denmark

3 olympic mascots from the Vancouver 2010 olympics cause I'm obsessed with the olympics

A stuffed dog my friend brought me from Taiwan

A bunny I won at a night market in Taipei

A bear and monkey that I sewed in high school

The more the better 💜 when I was younger, I used to take all the little face towles from the hall closet and use then as blankets for my stuffed animals 🥺 I couldn't sleep if they all didn't have blankets of their own.

tonibolognaJTV

We have so many stuffed animals in the house 😁 Beanie babies, random stuffed animals I've bought from retail stores and lots of GiantMicrobes. They bring me so much joy!

J. van Deijck

I don't have any. Honestly, it's never been my thing.

UndertaleGirl
On 8/14/2020 at 4:16 AM, aring91 said:

I loveeeee Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli, I wouldn't mind a Jiji plush either.

Yeah, I agree. He's my favorite fictional cat. He was just so funny.

Bluebellstar

I have lots of stuffed animals. All of the ones from my childhood, a bear from my Dad's football team (he's so happy they finally got promoted), and a hoard of owls that apparently grow in numbers when I turn my back. All have names - it's just cruel not to name them.

Alaska Native Manitou

Be careful when naming your stuffed friends.  You don't want to make them unhappy.

Grumpy Alien

I have loads (like way over 10 that I’ve acquired as an adult and aren’t in the large pile of storage containers in my mom’s basement from childhood) of stuffed animals and I love them so much. They provide a sense of comfort for me. I associate them with memories and people, particularly as almost all of them have been gifts. I have 2 Build A Bears from my husband. One is a cotton candy scented teddy bear wearing a Captain America uniform underneath a (Disney’s) Belle dress. He recorded an inside joke in her paw. Her name is Ameribelle and she was an early birthday present on our first holiday together as a couple when we went to Iceland. More recently, he ordered a limited edition Baby Yoda for me as a surprise while I was struggling with my mental health. It quickly sold out so I feel very lucky to have it. 🥰 I’ve been sleeping with those two extra close because I find it comforting as I fall asleep and it helps with my anxiety. Sometimes I pile all of my stuffed animals on the bed because I can do whatever the hell I want.

I have mine and my siblings’ build a bears since they’re just a lot of fun, and they currently are displayed in our living area. I was also super obsessed with monkeys when I was little, so I kept my sock monkeys and a few others. Most of them have names, and the ones that don’t are the monkeys.

Anomaly Q3Xr

I just bought another five Disney ones today.

I do still have some stuffed animals. Not sure how many. Most are in a big box somewhere in the garage. I just can’t part with them. Especially one I’ve had since I was born called Baby Bear. I used to sleep with ‘him’ as a kid. In fact, if I lost him before bed, I would cry out: “Where’s my Baby Bear!” until I saw him again. He’s a polar bear. However, he’s grey instead of the original white, and seems ‘deflated’. One of the eyes is a little wonky, too. I have a giant lamb that was given to me when I was last hospitalized. (I was around 22.) It’s like half as big as me. It was comical when they handed it to me while I was in the hospital bed. Now it’s a kneading pillow for my cat, Rosie. 

I answered "no" because I haven't thought about stuffed animals in years, not since I stopped playing with them around 6th grade or so.  With that said, my parents kept all of my stuffed animals and Beanie Babies from my childhood, so technically I suppose I still "own" them.

I'd like to give them to my future children, but I have no particular attachment to them otherwise.

I don't think I had any names for my stuffed animals, or at least none that I can recall; I usually just called Beanie Babies whatever they were named.  I had a Purr-Kitty that I called "Kitty", which, uh, feels like it doesn't really count?  Kitty was my favorite for years, though.

UndertaleGirl

I also have two teddies, one named Caroline and one named Cave.

I have three: a larger pig, a small pig, and a lion. My sister and brother-in-law in the Netherlands sent them to me. I take the small pig with me when I travel. I guess he's my travel buddy.

I also have a little ceramic turtle that I adore.

Yeah, I do have one. His name is Tig and I sleep with him tucked against me every night, I can't sleep without him.  I'm 31. I regret nothing.

Feathered Quoll

I was obsessed with stuffed animals (and might still be a little bit). So I am incapable of getting rid of any of my old opens meaning I have about 2 chests filled to to brim. I only remember the names of about half of them. Lucky for me, little me was smart and wrote most of them down. Last week I went through a hand full of them trying to remember which name goes to which animals.

sSevenOfSpadeƧƨ

I have many more than 10, unfortunately due to the fact that child me was highly indecisive and had quite the chaotic imagination I can't recall any of their names, but I know for sure they were named at some point.

• 11 months later...

@Mackenzie Holiday

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived