hey!

hannah!!

hey everyone! i literally just found AVEN and i’m so happy!! i feel so validated being here and that’s such a good feeling:) i’m 14, which some people think is young to know you’re asexual, but i’m honestly pretty positive i am. i don’t really have a specific moment when i realized, but the idea of sex doesn’t really interest me so now i’m here lol

Hi and welcome to AVEN! When I found that there were other people like me, I couldn't be happier. I love this community and hope you will too!! 

Also I'm just turning 14 so it's okay to know you're asexual at this ae. Hope we can be friends :))

Spoiler

Since, you're new, here's some cake!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTekYHRoAwkAYbpsdfl3Cz

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: It's great to have you here!

Welcome to AVEN! Honestly I just get so jealous of people who learn the word and realise this in their teens :P Remember how lucky and amazing you are :D 

Also, it's tradition to welcome new people with cake, so here... CAKE!

3afd7c7dd4934852ef733a972074844d.jpg

3 minutes ago, Phi! said:

Honestly I just get so jelous of people who learn the word and realise this in their teens :P

Sameee. I mean, I was 16 when I realized that I'm demi, but even though I knew about asexuality when I was 13/14, I didn't know there was a spectrum and all that sort of stuff. I didn't even think about calling myself asexual for whatever reason even though I was close to it at the time.

3 minutes ago, Elise Jennings said:

Sameee. I mean, I was 16 when I realized that I'm demi

That's still so lucky in my opinion, I don't think I even heard about asexuality till my 20's and didn't fully accept it for myself till this year at 25/26...

1 minute ago, Phi! said:

That's still so lucky in my opinion, I don't think I even heard about asexuality till my 20's and didn't fully accept it for myself till this year at 25/26...

Damn...That's a shame.

AmusedSkeptic

@hannah!! Hey and welcome to AVEN! Glad you could join us. I'm also 14 so you're not alone age-wise! :cake: :)

There is no age limit to understanding yourself, I’m new here too, so I brought you a cake to say welcome to AVEN! 

crop_IMG_E7733-400x500.jpg

Welcome! Oh I know someone who figured it out at 14 and they’re now it their 40s :) 

c3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
NickyTannock

@hannah!! A very belated welcome to AVEN!

I'm happy that you feel validated!
I realised that I'm asexual at around the same age, and I'm now 35.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Dream House" cake,

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/263321-dream-house

hnol1odcfkekykb79qgv.jpg

Archived