Time for a pit stop.

Marrow

Time for a pit stop  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you service you vehicle?

• I do all the maintenance. (Engine repair, radiator, brake lines and fuel lines, ect.)
    • I do some maintenance. (Brake pads, oil change, rotating tires, simple things)
    • I do nothing. (Pay mechanic)
    • I ride a bike
    • I walk

This poll is closed to new votes

I was working on my car today (basic oil change) and I was curious to see how many people on Aven service their own car.

Not only do I not use a car -- I haven't even been a passenger in any wheeled vehicle in over four months, except one two-way bus ride in mid-May.

I have done maintenance on previous vehicles. With the one I have now, I pay a mechanic 

Grumpy Alien

As a Jersey girl, I barely know how to put fuel in the car. I’ve only done that twice and both times were here in England. (I don’t drive here yet though for several reasons.) I always took my car to mechanics I had vague connections to for regular maintenance and they’d tell me their recommendations and pricings and do whatever I gave the OK to. The maintenance would include certain guaranteed stuff like tire rotation and oil changes.

I walk mostly... but I do know how to do most simple repairs and maintenance on vehicles. It's kind of funny seeing the look on people's faces when the guy who walks everywhere knows more about their car than they do...

Wish this was multichoice 

WorkBenz I use the dealer, because as a taxi driver it's imperative that I have a proven maintenance history, and its tax-deductible 

BabyBenz I DIY as much as possible 

Aquatic Paradox

I’m not great with cars. I can change a tire, but that’s about it.

I'm acarual.

I do all the maintenance myself, as long as I know what is wrong and have all the necessary tools.

everywhere and nowhere

I have no car and never will.

• 1 year later...

@Marrow

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived