Can’t identify my sexuality

nighthawk92

nighthawk92

I can’t seem to find a term that describes my sexuality, and I’m hoping someone can help.

I identify as a cis homosexual male, but I don’t enjoy the act of sex. I experience arousal often, and I am excited my physical intimate contact by same-sex partners, but am never driven to have actual sex with them. 

Is this a thing? I feel like I am the only one who experiences this, and I am in a long term relationship that is suffering from this. Any insight would be highly appreciated.

If you don't feel sexually attracted to anyone then you're asexual. I identify as bisensual which means I experience sensual attraction and want to be physically (but not sexually) intimate with another person, maybe you're homosensual? Finding out about asexual microlables can also be really helpful, for example, lithosexual is when someone experiences sexual attraction but doesn't want it reciprocated. Here's are some wiki pages: https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Asexual_Spectrum#:~:text=The asexual spectrum (or asexual,more to the asexual experience. and https://www.reddit.com/r/asexuality/wiki/definitions

Hope this helps :)

Sarah-Sylvia

Hi @nighthawk92. Your experience isn't actually uncommon around here :P I'm like that too for the most part (but, bi).
Since we think of sexual attraction to mean wanting and leading to the sexual acts, you could technically consider yourself asexual if you wanted to (if you never feel the desire to actually have sexual acts). In my case my sensual attraction can sometimes (rarely) lead me to sexual acts, but in general I'm not interested in sex. I'm romantic though, and like to touch (especially for affection). I consider myself biromantic.

You might be homoromantic. That's to say you feel romantic attraction to the same-sex persons, but it doesn't cover sex.
@xenonex already covered sensual attraction, though it's rarely talked about, so I thought to mention the romantic side.  ;)

Hope you feel you can relate to people around here, I'm sure it's a good place for you.

Janus the Fox

Moved to The Grey Area, Sex and Related Discussions

Janus DarkFox

Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Purple Red Panda
1 hour ago, nighthawk92 said:

Is this a thing? I feel like I am the only one who experiences this

It is and you are not. I can become physically aroused both on my own and with another person but I don't experience any innate desire to have sex with another person so I consider myself to be asexual.

Archived