Jump to content
Brainiac

Pain.

Pain  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you rather NEVER feel...

    • Emotional Pain.
      26
    • Physical Pain.
      23


Recommended Posts

Homer
1 minute ago, Brainiac said:

Which species then are you a fan of?

All the others. Although I'm not as big a fan of monkeys and the like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brainiac
19 minutes ago, iCicero said:

I've been in the situation of overthinking and overanalysng things, but I've felt anything in my diaphragm when it happened/happens, for whatever reason.

 

I'm guessing you also feel your heart beating out of your chest at times?

Me overthinking is not the cause of my emotional pain. It's just a symptom. Usually my emotional pain begins with a panic attack, difficulty in breathing and then feeling like I might not survive.

 

Things then take a turn for the worse and I start imagining all sorts of bad and negative things. Basically, my emotions start playing with me. And I cannot control it. No matter how much it lasts, it is a terrific situation. 

 

The basic thing that I feel amidst it all is that someone is gripping me chest from the inside and not letting go. It sort of is in the middle chest area probably where the diaphragm is. 

 

Yeah, my heart starts beating rapidly and the only thing that even works for me is if I start walking or do some physically strenuous  activity. It basically is a panic attack with my emotions controlling me instead of me controlling them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iCicero
16 minutes ago, Brainiac said:

Me overthinking is not the cause of my emotional pain. It's just a symptom. Usually my emotional pain begins with a panic attack, difficulty in breathing and then feeling like I might not survive.

 

Things then take a turn for the worse and I start imagining all sorts of bad and negative things. Basically, my emotions start playing with me. And I cannot control it. No matter how much it lasts, it is a terrific situation. 

 

The basic thing that I feel amidst it all is that someone is gripping me chest from the inside and not letting go. It sort of is in the middle chest area probably where the diaphragm is. 

 

Yeah, my heart starts beating rapidly and the only thing that even works for me is if I start walking or do some physically strenuous  activity. It basically is a panic attack with my emotions controlling me instead of me controlling them.

I've experienced the overthinking and imaginings without the physical aspect, for some reason. 

 

Instead my mind goes blank and I can't register anything, like what Patrick Star does sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quasar.w

Not sure, on first glance I'd take physical pain over emotional one BUT what does that imply? Do I not have any emotions anymore or just no negative ones? Would I stop caring about things if I didn't have any negative ones anymore? Isn't having negative emotions part of empathising? You feeling the pain of others?

 

(just me over-thinking everything)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyTuneRein

It pains me to say this but I could do without the physical pain. Okay maybe it doesn't but I could do without some of my negative emotions as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpaceDustbin

Physical pain.

 

I occasionally do my back in (on top of the more or less chronic back pain that's already there), and it's not pretty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brainiac
3 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

Not sure, on first glance I'd take physical pain over emotional one BUT what does that imply? Do I not have any emotions anymore or just no negative ones? Would I stop caring about things if I didn't have any negative ones anymore? Isn't having negative emotions part of empathising? You feeling the pain of others?

 

(just me over-thinking everything)

It's simple. Is your emotional pain worse than physical one? Can you live with emotional pain or physical pain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quasar.w
3 hours ago, Brainiac said:

It's simple. Is your emotional pain worse than physical one? Can you live with emotional pain or physical pain?

Yes to the first question, I can stand physical pain better or at least the one I have experienced so far (including felling like dying from menstrual cramps so yeah...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anzu2snow

That was kind of hard to choose. I’m in quite a bit of physical pain at the moment. Taking 3 different painkillers on a regular basis for my ‘usual’ pain. Most of that usual is for metastatic breast cancer. A lot of it has spread to my bones, so there’s a lot of bone pain. Anyways, I would really love it if I didn’t have to deal with that. Emotional pain can get me in a different way that seems to stick longer. So, it’s still difficult. Went with physical pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Philip027

As someone with depression this is a somewhat tricky one to answer, but I'd still have to go with ditching physical pain.  Neither are necessarily pleasant, but I don't feel physical pain really adds much to my character the way emotional pain can.

 

Physical just flat out sucks.  It might still toughen you up in a way, but as someone that has never felt particularly attached to their physical body, it's not in a way that I'm capable of appreciating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aring91

They are both incredibly difficult to deal with but I'm going to have to go with physical pain. I've had to live over ten years with major depression so it's almost become second hand at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...