Anti...maskers? Are real?? How?

Eva Blue

Just now, Arodash said:

we should keep things civil

Oh I wasn't trying to be aggressive, I was asking a genuine question. It's hard to communicate these things over text 😅

I understand what "they"  say. I have a clear understanding ... I hear it on the news I've read  a few books on  medical  stuff. But  none of that  has put me at easy when it comes to virus. 

12 minutes ago, Sir_The_Last said:

put me at easy when it comes to virus

Oh ok, is it because it's easier for you to think the virus doesn't exist because otherwise the world would become too frightening? One of my mates is hypersensitive to stress and doesn't like talking about climate change- it's not that she's living in denial per-say, she just doesn't want to imagine the world and her home being destroyed. I think this is quite a common reaction to have, if you get anxious because of something does it really matter whether or not you believe in it so long as you're not harming anyone?

3 minutes ago, Lanthanein said:

Oh ok, is it because it's easier for you to think the virus doesn't exist because otherwise the world would become too frightening? One of my mates is hypersensitive to stress and doesn't like talking about climate change- it's not that she's living in denial per-say, she just doesn't want to imagine the world and her home being destroyed. I think this is quite a common reaction to have, if you get anxious because of something does it really matter whether or not you believe in it so long as you're not harming anyone?

I am at easy.  

22 minutes ago, Sir_The_Last said:

I am at easy.  

That's good to hear, sorry I misunderstood what you last wrote

I wonder if underground speakeasies are gonna become a thing again because of bars and large gatherings not being allowed.

Purple Red Panda
1 hour ago, Lanthanein said:

Oh ok, is it because it's easier for you to think the virus doesn't exist because otherwise the world would become too frightening? One of my mates is hypersensitive to stress and doesn't like talking about climate change- it's not that she's living in denial per-say, she just doesn't want to imagine the world and her home being destroyed.

I'm the complete opposite. I have really bad anxiety when it comes to my own life and social interaction but the big picture turning completely to shit doesn't stress me as it's completely out of my hands. Covid 19 and the looming climate apocaylpse are depressing but I'm quite happy to stare reality in the face when it comes to them, dealing with other people is what really frightens me.

It'll be a 10.000 pound fine in the UK if you're positive, and found doing your so needed groceries because you have no one else to get you food... And the grocery delivery services being swarmed over by people not actually in dire need of them.

But you can order fooodddd..

Yea, not everyone has the money for food delivery 2-3x a day.

As I recall the £10k fine is only for repeated breaches of self-isolation.

Luckily Tesco were selling 24 toilet rolls on special offer last week so I'm all set.

Anthracite_Impreza
9 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

It'll be a 10.000 pound fine in the UK if you're positive

What, even if you're an asymptomatic carrier? How the fuck are you supposed to know? Are they gonna start sticking swabs down peoples' throats under force? I bet some people would actually support that actually, and that really scares me.

Oh and good luck, cos I don't even have half that amount to my name.

2 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

What, even if you're an asymptomatic carrier? How the fuck are you supposed to know? Are they gonna start sticking swabs down peoples' throats under force? I bet some people would actually support that actually, and that really scares me.

Because you are tested positive...

Idk, I think this doesn't promote the whole thing... it scares people away from tests, if they could possibly have it?

It's to me a no-brainer though, that if you're contagious, you stay in. period. 

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, Phoenix the II said:

Because you are tested positive...

Idk, I think this doesn't promote the whole thing... it scares people away from tests, if they could possibly have it?

... who's testing asymptomatic people? They're barely even testing anyone with the sniffles, so how the fuck would you know?

I've been asked to stick a swab down my throat but they can fuck right off; I'd rather not vom, thanks. Maybe that's why they're being so pushy, they wanna make money out of it like everything else.

I'm not anti-mask, but I'm against any rules of having to have a mask. I think people should be free to choose whether they wear a mask or not, and just for media to spread good info and encourage safety measures, not push people.

Frustrating thing is that back in March/April we didn't really know how much virus was circulating because testing was at capacity. And now in September we don't know how much virus is circulating because testing is at capacity. And Dildo Harding goes before the select committee to say they were surprised that demand for testing was different from SAGE's projections for number of cases. And the blindingly fucking obvious factors leading to increased demand for testing couldn't be anticipated ...

Utter incompetence.

4 minutes ago, Moonman said:

they'll just decide on a whim if you look COVID-positive and go from there. 

I have a permanent cough, allergies, sniffy nose, ashtma-like... Bet that's gonna be seen as such 😕 

10 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

I have a permanent cough, allergies, sniffy nose, ashtma-like... Bet that's gonna be seen as such 😕 

Yeah it actually sucks for people with allergies or even just a regular cold, people put a lot more distance with you xD
The worst is that certain stores actually denied people with anything symptom-like. That, I think is extreme.

Anthracite_Impreza

I sneezed due to hayfever in a queue for Home Bargains and everyone shat themselves. I laughed. At them.

I have no problem wearing a mask, I've actually grown fond of it but I hate whenever my nose starts itching and I can't rub it. 

Corona aside, I like everyone wearing masks for different reasons entirely. For one, don't have to worry about facial expressions as much (especially at work). But the biggest thing is I have a huge repulsion against bodily fluids but especially and specifically against spit. When someone coughs, burps, or sneezes in my general area, I get anxiety. The masks help curb that anxiety for me and I love it. Its actually the first time since I can remember that I don't get so much anxiety in public and in close spaces. I hope it stays a socially acceptable trend and allowed in work spaces even after corona so I can at least still wear one myself.

As far I understood, the 10'000 pound fine in the UK is for repeatedly braking self-isolation if tested positive. Similar to how you needed a recent negative test result when crossing the border here in spring. To keep the spread down. Same as with wearing masks

Just saw a video of someone saying that he doesn't wear a mask because it makes him hear people worse...

Hope they'll get their ears checked, masks shouldn't do that to your hearing...

I wish people would  take their face-nappies off when talking to me, though. Particularly when English isn't their first language they do make it harder to be understood. 

42 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

I wish people would  take their face-nappies off when talking to me, though. Particularly when English isn't their first language they do make it harder to be understood. 

That's dangerous though, Sky.  I understand how you feel; I'm hard of hearing even without people wearing masks.  But still, droplets and aerosols coming out of peoples' noses and mouths directly toward you isn't the best idea, even if you have a mask.  

Archived