Slowly figuring out who i am

Goldengirl97

Goldengirl97

Hi guys šŸ˜Š

I honestly donā€™t know how to start something like this, so please just bear with me.

I first came across the term Asexual a few years ago. Looking more into it, I felt that I related to a lot of the descriptions of asexuality but thought that maybe it was because I had never had a real intimate relationship until recently. Still I find myself wondering why sex is such a big deal and just in general the idea makes me super uncomfortable.

Throughout my later teenage years, I tried to avoid intimate situations and always told myself it was because I wasnā€™t ready. But now having experienced a few intimate relationships, there has never been any real sexual attraction to them. I did have a fairly traumatic event happen to me around 16 and thought maybe that it was connected, but now Iā€™m starting to think that maybe itā€™s not the fear but actually being asexual. Ā 

And sexual attraction has never been a thing for me. I have and do experience crushes and physical attraction (I think people are good looking and all) and much prefer to have a mental connection with someone. I have no need to sleep with someone and would so much rather go on an adventure or even just have a proper conversation.

Iā€™m just hoping that now that Iā€™m learning more about AVEN, that things will become clearer to me in time.

I look forward to meeting more people who are going through something similar to me. Itā€™s not something I have ever spoken about because I just wasnā€™t sure about anything.

Ā 

(sorry if this is a bit long winded and a ramble)

Welcome to AVEN!

1 hour ago, Goldengirl97 said:

would so much rather go on an adventure or even just have a proper conversation.

Hey me too! My friends and I go hiking all the time, or sometimes we'll play board games all day or literally just sit and talk for hours at a time. That's pretty much the ideal relationship for me. Enjoy this Golden Girls cake!

Golden Girls Cake ā€“ and Six Years! Ā» With Sprinkles on Top

Goldengirl97
44 minutes ago, Salmakia said:

Welcome to AVEN!

Hey me too! My friends and I go hiking all the time, or sometimes we'll play board games all day or literally just sit and talk for hours at a time. That's pretty much the ideal relationship for me. Enjoy this Golden Girls cake!

Golden Girls Cake ā€“ and Six Years! Ā» With Sprinkles on Top

I love it!! Thank you :D

Sarah-Sylvia

Welcome! šŸ°

Ā 

Sounds like you're already realizing quite a bit about yourself and happy to be. I hope being around gives you even more of that sense.Ā  I think you're in the right place ;)
Enjoy your time around.

• 2 weeks later...
NickyTannock

@Goldengirl97Ā A very belated welcome to AVEN!

Ā 

I hope you find AVEN helpful for figuring yourself outĀ good luck!

Ā 

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Golden Girls" cake,

https://gramho.com/media/2157395103698000527

71732297_402429637090186_350406707415807

Aquatic Paradox

Welcome, you sound asexual to me. šŸ™‚

Ā 

Would you (personally, forget about other peopleā€™s judgements)Ā be content with not having sex for the rest of your life? If yes, youā€™re asexual.Ā 

Ā 

I wonā€™t open the Pandoraā€™s Box called ā€œromantic attractionā€ though šŸ˜‹

Ā 

Hereā€™s aĀ cake:

Ā 

lemon-blueberry-cake-vegan-layer-cake-bl

Archived