hay everypony!

BodhranBace

BodhranBace

Hello Ponies, dragons, and all other mythical creatures.

I will now tell you my proverbial life story, et sexual discovery. I guess I realized I was different around 11 or 12, I wasn't sure how, but I knew I was. My friends all started developing crushes and talking about sex in the 12 to 13 area, none of us had done it but it was all anyone could talk about. Then I thought I might be a lesbian until it occurred to me that if I were a lesbian I would have to be sexually attracted to women, because...that's what being a lesbian....means. Stupid-o🤦‍♀️. Well, then I supposed I was a late bloomer. But there was still a seed of worry in the back of my mind, that maybe I would never understand or feel sexual attraction (Oh no!), maybe I had a tumor on my pituitary, or maybe I had a hormone disorder, or maybe I was just defective. Anyway, I stuffed those notions and tried not to think about it until I was about 17 and 1/2 when I finally heard the term "Asexual" applied to humans. Now, shortly after I turned sixteen I started taking Zoloft for depression, anxiety, anger issues and obsessive tendencies. I had been suicidally depressed since 13. Part of it was genetic, and I think it was exacerbated by my feelings of inferiority du to asexuality. I know that SSRIs like Zoloft can cause low libido, but I don't even know what libido is supposed to feel like. It has just never made sense to me. I am now 19, and starting to be more confident and accepting of myself. I am out to my parents and one cousin. He has helped me a lot, since he is queer he understands coming out and just feeling like you are somewhere you need to come out of. When I came out to him, he said I sounded like I was ashamed. I didn't think I was, since I have always been very accepting of other gender/sexual orientations(I just didn't know asexuality was a choice), but it turns out; I was/am. I'm working on it. I have spent so many years thinking I was wrong and sick and broken that that has been ingrained into my sense of self. Lately I have been digging through all that and trying to address the issues I have been avoiding. My research lead me here, and so I am.

Congratulations if you read the whole thing, I will give you a medal📀. Ok I can't find the medal emoji so I give you a CD instead. I like CDs more than medals anyway. 

Thanks for being here,

stay Brony my friends.💜

Lord Jade Cross

Been a while since I've seen a brony  /)

As for your situation, you'll find many members who have been through the same or are possibly going through it still so there won't be a shortage of advice or people who can lend an ear or advice.

Sarah-Sylvia

Welcome! 🍰
It sounds like you're on the right track for yourself, so congrats, and I hope you enjoy your time around. Looks like your a pony and fantasy fan ;D
What CD am I getting? 😜

BodhranBace

Thank you so much! 

Yeah, my little brother taught me to love MLP, my Great Gran taught me to love Tolkien.

I have rather eclectic taste in music, you pick the genre and we'll go from there. 🎶

Spoiler

Welcome! Yeah everyone here loves to help out and give advice, so don’t be afraid to reach out to people if you need to talk :) 

16.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
NickyTannock

@Bodhranbitch@bAce A very belated welcome to AVEN!

Congratulations on being out to your parents and cousin! I'm glad your cousin helped you!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a "Sphinx" cake,

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/301301-sphinx-fantastic-creatures-challenge
wmmudotdm79qzy17iao5.jpg

Archived