What's your favorite type of cake?

Karekare

NickyTannock
3 minutes ago, Una Salus Victus said:

I'm still amazed at that amazing Stargate cake you posted for my bday. The detail in that Horus Guard helmet was amazing, especially for a cake

I'm glad that you liked it!
The first Stargate movie is one of my favourites, and I watched the whole series (usually people don't like both).

Rare Aztec Whstling Chickn
7 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

I'm glad that you liked it!
The first Stargate movie is one of my favourites, and I watched the whole series (usually people don't like both).

I do love both. I've been trying to rewatch the series again, but for some reason, the sound only seems to work for the first season. I'm sorta sad.

My mom makes a really good strawberry cake.  Black Forest is also good.  I wish I had some right now.

Aagh, I shouldn’t have read this right before bed... Now I’m hungry for cake.

fooledbysecrecy

can't beat a chocolate (fudge) cake!! the more filling and frosting the better! also love cheesecakes. all the cakes.

FlamingSnowballz

Well, above all else, it's a tie between lemon cake and yes -- even carrot cake.  

When desiring something overall creamy in texture, strawberry cheesecake does the trick. 

Every one of the cake photos looks really delish, by the way  :)

I’d defiantly have to say this:

triple-chocolate-cheesecake-ghirardelli-
The Cheesecake Factory’s Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Cheesecake is hands down my absolute favourite cake ever. 

Lie-RennyValkyrie_

I will admit I'm actually not a huge cake fan so I usually turn down cake when offered. Mostly because I also dislike icing and most chocolate cakes. I tend to prefer some fruit and/or icecream as a dessert and I've always been conflicted about whether or not to have a birthday cake.

I do like chocolate self saucing pudding though (with cream! or icecream i guess). It is rather like cake still.

Chocolate self-saucing pudding | Healthy Recipe | WW Australia

I had one of them instead of a birthday cake last year and I'll probably do the same this year. I have recently discovered that a lemon self saucing pudding is a thing and I really want to try make one now.

J. van Deijck

Cheesecake.

red velvet, lemon pound cake, chocolate lava cake, and basic vanilla cake. I have recently taken a liking to cheesecake too

FaerySilverwings

I think I like baking cakes more than I like eating them most of the time. I'm that person who either bakes things because I want one portion for me or stress bakes and then takes all the rest to share with anyone I know (and takes requests if asked nicely).

My favorite used to be red velvet, but then I turned out to be allergic to food coloring and I like breathing, so... there's a lot of very nice cakes I can't have.

My favorite to make is pumpkin cake. I do also like eating it. Carrot cake is nice too.

i like cheesecake most followed by chocolate cake then red velvet.

Sak of Potatoes

My favorite is those Japanese Christmas cakes, it's simple and I don't like frosting that much. It's pretty much the only type of cake I make anymore, and only because my parents like it so much. 

I'm definitely one of those who prefers baking cakes to actually eating them, even though decorating them's stressful as heck.

Cheesecake's great, but my recent attempts haven't been going well so I haven't had any recently. 

Grumpy Alien

Tres leches

Twisted Tempest

Chocolate Swiss roll. I've been a monster for the stuff since as long as I can remember. 

It's going to sound silly, but just some basic as heck vanilla sheet cake. I guess I just have a lot of fond memories with that kind of cake. That aside, I love a good lemon cake or a madeira cake to go with tea. 

Following Through

Well, in high school I took a cooking class & we made a vanilla cheesecake with a hella sweet blueberry compote on top. Nothing else since has compared. 😢 

Black forest cake deserves a shout out as well. 🤤 

Absolute favourite is an ice cream cake with either Oreo or cookie dough.  It's what I get for my birthday every year.  I'm also a fan of simple Vanilla or chocolate cake, as long as there isn't alot of icing on it.

Just plain vanilla cake with homemade buttercream frosting is the best thing in the world! Boston Cream would come in a close second, though. 

On 7/30/2020 at 6:47 PM, SmaragdineSpellCastor said:

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I looked around to see if it had been and I didn't see anything but it was difficult since cake is used in thousands of posts lol.

My alltime favorite type of cake is Chocolate Lava Cake!

I remember baking a lava cake & being so happy, this kind of cake just makes me happy.
If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say I favor ice cream cake & lava cake is a close second if not first & a half, lol.

• adriana •

red velvet babies, i know it's basic but i love red velvet cake so much. if it also counts, cheesecake. my older brother has an amazing cheesecake recipe that makes the cake so velvety and creamy (my mouth is watering just thinking about it) better than cheesecake factory i can tell you that!

LunaEvers198

All cake, but most would probably be, a cherry chocolate dump cake I make, and vanilla cat cupcakes, there so cute!

Cheesecake, most any kind. After that, probably rum cake? Or Sacher Torte. One of those.

• 3 months later...
Miri (מירי)

Mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. 

But a good chocolate cake definitely comes in second place. 

• 1 month later...
N.lilibet1115

It’s a tie between chocolate cake and buttercream frosting and golden vanilla cake with chocolate frosting........now I really want cake 😜

Archived