Kanye West's proposal to subsidize childbirth.

AspieAlly613

Maybe the money should be used to help the homeless population and I mean ACTUALLY help not enable. 

Kanye is about as stable as a coke can on a jackhammer. 

If he even legitimately ran, it would be the US looking at its politics, and just saying: "F*** it. We give up" followed by allowing animals to run. 

First country to have a baboon run for office. Mark my words. 

Lord Jade Cross

I don't know about that. I mean look at the nation's current chief in command. Not exactly the brightness bulb in the shed and yet there he is constantly making a fool of himself and others while"running" the country. I wouldn't have much faith in the good judgement of people with results like him.

MakeupJunkie4
On 7/30/2020 at 12:10 PM, Astrea said:

I never thought I would feel sorry for these people but considering the things I see pop up every week on my yahoo page regarding what he is saying and doing... this guy's psychological health seems to be deteriorating fast and that's never easy for anyone.

THIS. He's got some issues for sure. I don't think he'll get very far in his campaign, jussayin. 

MakeupJunkie4
On 7/30/2020 at 3:12 PM, Alejandrogynous said:

Oh yeah, because people fostering for the money and then abusing/neglecting the children in their care never happens, lol.

This! It happens A LOT. A friend of mine is currently "co-parenting" her GF's foster kid, and gets NONE of the money. Her GF pockets all the money, and then has my best friend (a gullible mom of 3) take care of her foster kid for her! I can't imagine how many people would have a child solely for the money, and abuse or neglect them!

I don't see how a low birthrate is a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I don't see how a low birthrate is a bad thing.

the main way a low birth rate can be an issue, as I understand it, is if there are not enough people to take care of the elderly

25 minutes ago, gisiebob said:

the main way a low birth rate can be an issue, as I understand it, is if there are not enough people to take care of the elderly

There are almost 8bn folks on this planet. Pay the carers properly and the problem miraculously disappears.

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

There are almost 8bn folks on this planet. Pay the carers properly and the problem miraculously disappears.

not if most of a population is elderly or caring for the elderly and the remainder struggles to provide. with improvements to healthcare and production this is becoming less of a possible problem, right now there would have to be pretty dramatic decrease in birth rate, although japan may be temporarily suffering some of these problems in the near future.

The constitution of the US explicitly spells out the power of Congress to set and collect taxes.

Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution gives Congress the power to "lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States. This is also referred to as the "Taxing and Spending Clause."

As for declining birth rates, I'd say it's a mistake to depend on an ever increasing population to cover things like elder care. Not sure if a stable population, with no increase or decrease, can maintain all of the things people expect, unless changes are made to some systems.

Paying out people to have kids doesn't negate irresponsible behavior. A million or ten thousand, some parents would spend all of it on booze and drugs and still give a kiddo a poor up-bringing. The idea's riddled with holes in general. 

Just now, Arodash said:

I will take the babies and love them. I will raise them as libertarian SPARTANS. 

It's a shame that there's no decent system of care in place for kids with shit parents. If a lot of foster homes or programs didn't turn out to be shit there's a possibility you could curb abortion rates and at least give some kids a better chance.

Archived