85 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you drink soda?

• Less than once a day
    • Once a day
    • More than once a day

This poll is closed to new votes

NickyTannock

Carbonated drinks aren't my thing.

I haven't had a soft drink/soda since the start of March. 

I only really have them if I am in a bar or getting a takeaway. 

I use to drink more than one soda per day... and then I discovered the magical world of coffee and I never looked back!

nutterwithasolderingiron

i used to drink 2L of irn bru a day. i'm down to 1L

Fraggle Underdark

Diet Mt Dew on special occasions, don't want to make a habit of it though. 

everywhere and nowhere

Quite rarely. On an average day, I only drink some 10-15 glasses of different teas and some water.

verily-forsooth-egads

Never. Can't stand the stuff.

Janus the Fox

From many to now none for specific health reasons.

Gamma/kimera

Im on a doctor pepper in the morning to wake up and that is pretty much it unless im working then I usually have a diet dew out of the pop machine at work at least break to get through the end of the day.

fooledbysecrecy

not at all

Very seldom. I don't find them thirst-quenching 

Rarely. I've been witnessed drinking lemonade once a twice in the summer (not yet this year) and maybe some ice tea on a trip when I have a long train ride ahead.

All in all, maybe 5 times a year in total.

i never drink any carbonated drinks. they are disgusting.

Alejandrogynous

Never, they're gross and I'm physically incapable of burping so carbonation is painful. 

So "how much" is different from "how often." I generally only drink once a day, but it can be stretched out over a few hours. 

Or, sometimes I've gone through most of a 2 liter in a stretch of time I would consider "once", compared to someone who might drink only a single cup. 

Yes, I have a problem. I'm working on only getting small cans when I can to limit myself, rather than only having bottles and feeling the need to finish them. 

It's definitely not a daily occurrence but I do drink more in the summer, especially low-sugar ones as I find them more refreshing and I probably consume more than enough sugar as it is.

SpaceDustbin

Not so often. I usually get soda if I go out for dinner, and sometimes at home if it's been on offer in the supermarket 

I can stand the feeling of fizz on my tongue, so never. 😥

Ehhhhhh, Jarritos! I love their Lime flavour, but I havent had their Cola flavour yet; Cola is my favorite. Its kind of a sparse pattern for me. Sometimes ill have one day other times I'll go for a week or two without any.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:35 PM, SithApprentice said:

So "how much" is different from "how often." I generally only drink once a day, but it can be stretched out over a few hours. 

Or, sometimes I've gone through most of a 2 liter in a stretch of time I would consider "once", compared to someone who might drink only a single cup. 

Yes, I have a problem. I'm working on only getting small cans when I can to limit myself, rather than only having bottles and feeling the need to finish them. 

May I recommend glass bottled soda? They have a better flavour and are less carbonated then plastic and cans. Plastic and cans breathe over time so they usually overcabonate to compensate for self life. It can cause you to feel more thirsty after drinking.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:06 PM, Mackenzie Holiday said:

I use to drink more than one soda per day... and then I discovered the magical world of coffee and I never looked back!

I like to mix between the two. Coffee in the morning and soda in the evening, but occasionally I like a cup of coffee at night while I look out the window.

Used to be multiple times a day and then I quit that in like November of last year. It is very rare I drink it now.

I took soda out of my diet several years ago. Used to have it all day. Now I might have something like root beer on special occasions at restaurants. Could be celebrating a thing like my birthday. 

I average 1 12oz can per day. That might mean three one day and four the next six days. But i usually chase my coffee with a coke to get that extra dose of sugar and caffeine.

I pretty much hate it, so I haven't had any for the last fifteen years or so.

• 11 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived