Ace-themed Discord Server

Violet of the Stars

Violet of the Stars

I've been joining a lot of discord servers lately and I think it would be cool to make an ace-themed discord server! Just a place for aces to chill out, send memes, and the usual. I would make myself, but I'm incredibly inexperienced in running servers lol.

3 minutes ago, Violet of the Stars said:

I've been joining a lot of discord servers lately and I think it would be cool to make an ace-themed discord server! Just a place for aces to chill out, send memes, and the usual. I would make myself, but I'm incredibly inexperienced in running servers lol.

I would love to help, but I've never even been on Discord before 😂

There's an unofficial AVEN one I think. Not great with Discord though so don't know much about it.

Just a Quail

Hate to be another "I would but..." person, but... servers stress me out lol. I know a thing or two on how to make a discord server, but they're not always my thing. I'd prefer to have the option to leave in case it overwhelms me 😅

Just a Quail
5 minutes ago, SithApprentice said:

There's an unofficial AVEN one I think. Not great with Discord though so don't know much about it.

I just searched for it and found this:

It's recent so I would assume it's active! The links listed might have expired by now though, so if anyone wants to join they'd probably have to ask for a new link.

Violet of the Stars
1 minute ago, Just a Quail said:

It's recent so I would assume it's active! The links listed might have expired by now though, so if anyone wants to join they'd probably have to ask for a new link.

Clicked on the link and it worked!

Just a Quail
1 minute ago, Violet of the Stars said:

Clicked on the link and it worked!

Oh nice! Maybe I'll consider joining as well ^^;;

ace bookdragon

I've also seen another ace/aro discord (I found the link on the AVEN server). I believe it's called the Ace Cafe. I'm a part of it but I'm rarely active, so I'm not really sure what goes on there.

What is discord? I tried to sign up for an account, but when I access the site, it says Safari doesn't know how to handle address at discord\\

@Alex. it's a platform on which you can chat or use text, but it does a lot more too. there's an app for it, if that works better for you... i don't use my browser with discord so i don't have much advice to offer 

Yeah the links should still be active, and the AVEN Unofficial discord server links several other servers inside it. There are a lot of ace discord servers; it's where a large part of the community hangs out these days.

Violet of the Stars
15 hours ago, michaeld said:

Yeah the links should still be active, and the AVEN Unofficial discord server links several other servers inside it. There are a lot of ace discord servers; it's where a large part of the community hangs out these days.

Not surprising, since much of the community is young and Discord is popular with the younger crowd.

15 minutes ago, Violet of the Stars said:

Not surprising, since much of the community is young and Discord is popular with the younger crowd.

Yes that's something I noticed. AVEN, and the ace community generally, already has a leaning towards the younger demographic, but we do have people from all ages. Our discord servers are even more skewed this way. Maybe it comes from the fact discord was originally mostly a gamer thing? Though you do have gamers of all ages....

The Ace Café is aimed at a slightly older demographic. Check out their menu items, where they have quite a dizzying array of optional channels!

• 5 months later...
The Original Turtle

Hey!! I run a Asexual Group on Discord. It is a thriving and active community of Ace people from under the Asexual Spectrum and from all corners of the globe!! We have a very wide range of Ages amongst the members. 

We pride ourselves with being a welcoming, safe and friendly place to relax, chat and make friends.

https://discord.gg/HnWEhHyV

We have many channels ranging from Asexuality to Hobbies and Entertainment.

The Original Turtle
On 7/26/2020 at 1:15 AM, Violet of the Stars said:

Hey!! I run a Asexual Group on Discord. It is a thriving and active community of Ace people from under the Asexual Spectrum and from all corners of the globe!! We have a very wide range of Ages amongst the members. 

We pride ourselves with being a welcoming, safe and friendly place to relax, chat and make friends.

https://discord.gg/HnWEhHyV

We have many channels ranging from Asexuality to Hobbies and Entertainment.

Archived