UK Petition Signers Needed

AFullTimeNerd

AFullTimeNerd

I'm running a petition for the UK government to remove the consummation laws in England and Wales and could do with all the signatures that I can get. Forgive this not being a meetup, but the government require that people be UK citizens or residents to sign, so I thought that this would be a good place to post. Please sign and share the petition, and I'll happily talk to anyone about this issue if they want!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/329472

Purple Red Panda

*signed*

AFullTimeNerd
Just now, Purple Red Panda said:

*signed*

Thanks, would you consider sharing it on social media or with friends and family? Only do so if you feel comfortable with it of course.

Purple Red Panda

Absolutely :)

AFullTimeNerd

Wonderful, you're the best!

Phantasmal Fingers

Signed. 

AFullTimeNerd
2 hours ago, Real Jazz Hands said:

Signed. 

Thanks, would you consider sharing it on social media or with friends and family? Only do so if you feel comfortable with it of course.

Opel the Old

It is not really accepted reason for annullment anymore.   Civil partnership doesn't havr a consummation requirement. 

AFullTimeNerd
16 hours ago, Opel the Old said:

It is not really accepted reason for annullment anymore.   Civil partnership doesn't havr a consummation requirement. 

You're right that civil partnership doesn't have this requirement, in fact only different-sex marraige does. And while social it's not an accepted reason, it is still legal. I don't think this clause has ever been used but, I think that the message it sends (that sexual marraiges are better than non sexual ones) is harmful and should be removed.

Opel the Old
3 hours ago, AFullTimeNerd said:

You're right that civil partnership doesn't have this requirement, in fact only different-sex marraige does. And while social it's not an accepted reason, it is still legal. I don't think this clause has ever been used but, I think that the message it sends (that sexual marraiges are better than non sexual ones) is harmful and should be removed.

Civil partnership is now open for opposit sex couples. 

I know people who doesn't like "marriage" exactly because of these archaic rules,  the same reasons why the "traditional family/institutes" are defending these rules. 

Archived