Goya Beans

Arodash

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

So eating (or not eating) a specific brand of beans will help fight covid or what is the point people are trying to make? I is confusioned.

The OP shows support for Goya Beans, and others responded that they are not going to support Goya because the CEO supports Trump. Some implicated that they are using their right to use their money however they will. The OP thinks buyng Goya will support minorities which implies he is against them. And now we landed in a discussion about covid-19.

4 minutes ago, R_1 said:

The OP shows support for Goya Beans, and others responded that they are not going to support Goya because the CEO supports Trump. Some implicated that they are using their right to use their money however they will. The OP thinks buyng Goya will support minorities which implies he is against them. And now we landed in a discussion about covid-19.

A gross misrepresentation of what I made this thread for.

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

So eating (or not eating) a specific brand of beans will help fight covid or what is the point people are trying to make? I is confusioned.

lemme lay down some knowledge on ya, some brands of beans, use different kinds of beans, some are minimally processed and, beans are very good for you, they carry proteins and vitamins you need in a healthy diet, and a healthy diet makes a strong immune system, a strong immune system helps you fight Covid-19.

And, beans will help turn you into the Austrian god, Arnold!!! Or Macho Man Randy Savage, take your pick

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

I support Goya simply because the CEO stood up to the cancel culture mob and cancel culture has been annoying for a long time. Everyday I wake up, they talk about a new thing people on twitter are outraged about, I want more people to stand up against those whom are constantly offended. I want everyone to calm down, stop with the virtue signalling, and stop with being offended by every little thing. It is not productive for anything.

I am not sure who I will vote for in this election.

6 minutes ago, Mackenzie Holiday said:

48dvn0.jpg

Reeeeee. Lol I love this one

Sorry, that's just been in my head all afternoon. 

43 minutes ago, Mostly Peaceful Ryan said:

whom are constantly offended

You mean "who" 

And yes, Twitter is a hellscape of overreaction. That doesn't make cancel culture a real threat, and it's not on its own a sufficient reason to eat beans.

Beans

HUH

Good god, y'all 

What are they good for? 

Absolutely nothing

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
8 minutes ago, Snao Cone (me) said:

You mean "who" 

I don't

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/who-vs-whom-its-not-as-complicated-as-you-might-think/

Whom refers to object of the sentence. Simple trick is replace who with he or him which makes sense.

He = who

Him = whom

I want more to stand up against he. 

I want more to stand up against him.

Whom wins.

2 minutes ago, Mostly Peaceful Ryan said:

I don't

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/who-vs-whom-its-not-as-complicated-as-you-might-think/

Whom refers to object of the sentence. Simple trick is replace who with he or him which makes sense.

He = who

Him = whom

I want more to stand up against he. 

I want more to stand up against him.

Whom wins.

Yes, I use that trick. But your "whom" is followed by a verb that it is performing, and thus is the subject and not the object upon which the action is being applied; "those" was your pivot. 

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
19 minutes ago, Snao Cone (me) said:

Yes, I use that trick. But your "whom" is followed by a verb that it is performing, and thus is the subject and not the object upon which the action is being applied; "those" was your pivot. 

Hmm that does sound right. I will go with you on this one then it has been years since I was in a Grammar class.

5 minutes ago, Mostly Peaceful Ryan said:

Hmm that does sound right. I will go with you on this one then it has been years since I was in a Grammar class.

A good rule of thumb is that it's okay to use "who" when technically "whom" is correct, because it's the 21st century and language evolves, so at this point only assholes will correct you.

...oh...

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
1 minute ago, Snao Cone (me) said:

A good rule of thumb is that it's okay to use "who" when technically "whom" is correct, because it's the 21st century and language evolves, so at this point only assholes will correct you.

...oh...

dd0.png

1 minute ago, Mostly Peaceful Ryan said:

dd0.png

44hcue.jpg

All this bean talk is making me miss America. : ( I have to go to the import food stores if I want beans that aren't red beans (ie sweets) or some others I don't like but have no name for. But going to the import store is expensive.

So here's my contribution:

Natto industry members meet for annual Natto Summit - Specialty ...

DuranDuranfan
10 hours ago, CBC said:

Beans, beans, the musical fruit

The more you eat, the more you toot

The more you toot, the better you feel

So let's have beans with every meal!

The more you eat the more they kick you off the air if you finish this poem.

DuranDuranfan
10 hours ago, Arodash said:

So. Your unwilling to actually tell me what hes done so bad for the world XD Because I can actually give you stats of what hes actually done for minority groups in America, wanna make claims, back em up.

Also, no point? If hes so awful wouldnt you want to convince me so I dont vote for him? And im not a Trump supporter, I'm voting for West

Apparently he changed his mind.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
3 minutes ago, DuranDuranfan said:

Apparently he changed his mind.

Who changed their mind on what?

DuranDuranfan

Who?

Kanye West.

DuranDuranfan
10 hours ago, Snao Cone (me) said:

If someone doesn't enjoy your conversation anymore, them choosing to not participate any further isn't a blow to the merits of any viewpoint that opposes yours. 

Or...you know what, scratch that. As far as I'm concerned this whole thread is just fart noises. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
8 minutes ago, DuranDuranfan said:

Kanye West.

E7jEZ7gYGc.gif

Man, my yeezy 2020 hat hasn't even arrived in the mail yet. It is still shipping

tenor.gif

DuranDuranfan

E7jEZ7gYGc.gif

Man My yeezy 2020 hat hasn't even arrived in the mail yet. It is still shipping

tenor.gif

Don’t kill the messenger.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
39 minutes ago, DuranDuranfan said:

Don’t kill the messenger.

It's not your fault. The flame that burns twice as bright, burns half as long. Kanye's run was just too bright, I guess.

Is it so wrong to want a Wakanda future for America? Where the leadership is decided not on intelligences, politics, or democratic vote of the people but instead on a fight to the death by two warriors. I wanted the future for America where our supply of vibranium is used to improve the well being of our people, and possibly a captain America shield. I wanted Elon Musk to really take NASA to new places.

We will make these dreams come true in 2024.

And the AVEN award for weirdest route a thread has taken this year goes to THIS ONE 😋😋

11 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

And the AVEN award for weirdest route a thread has taken this year goes to THIS ONE 😋😋

YESSSSSS do we get a trophy? 

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
15 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Fraggle Underdark
19 hours ago, Arodash said:

I'll shoot you a pm with some

Instead of a PM can you please post here with your references of Democratic governors accusing Trump of fear-mongering about covid? I notice the ToS forbids sharing PMs or their contents, which might extend to simply posting whatever links you might send me. (And I see no reason for these to be sent in a PM in the first place.)

11 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

Instead of a PM can you please post here with your references of Democratic governors accusing Trump of fear-mongering about covid? I notice the ToS forbids sharing PMs or their contents, which might extend to simply posting whatever links you might send me. (And I see no reason for these to be sent in a PM in the first place.)

I'll put them in the Trump thread and link it to you

Archived