Questioning my gender

inactive userrr

inactive userrr

Hi there :)

I identify as genderqueer but look for more specific label.

I'm afab and feel connection to female gender, but it flows from strong to weak. I also feel agender (stronger or weaker from time to time).

I feel a little masculine, but this part of me is unstable and changes from "a little" to "no" very often. I always wanna present and appear as guy, use male name and he/him pronouns, though. 

Any thoughts on what such gender could be? 

2 hours ago, Mike Blair said:

I always wanna present and appear as guy, use male name and he/him pronouns, though.

Non-binary trans man? Transmasculine non-binary? Transmasculine genderfluid?

I would suggest looking into the experiences of Chella Man. He uses he/him but identifies as transmsaculine non-binary. Also, check out Lachlan Watson. They once identified as a trans boy, but now identify as non-binary. They present masculine, feminine, and androgynous, depending on the day.

https://www.instagram.com/lachrwatson/

"Non-binary" eclipses all experiences outside static binary genders, and therefore you as well. Genderfluid also sounds perfect for your circumstances. So those two labels would likely afford you the comfort of empathetic community members, while also allowing you space to just exist as yourself, without more narrowly trying to pin down very organic and unpredictable fluctuations in gender.

Sarah-Sylvia

Non-binary is a good easy umbrella label that'll make it so you dont have to be more specific if you dont want to. But let's look at what else you said..

You  mentioned how it varies in intensity. Maybe you're GenderFlux, in that sense. If you actually switch between the genders, there's also the term GenderFluid that can apply, but from what you said maybe it's not important in this case.

Do you feel a stronger connection to one gender over another? You like to present as male, but that side is not always strong or present? Genderqueer does fit in that case, because you don't really conform to the usual, and along with feeling agender, it does really fit some of how you are.

There's also the term Multigender, which applies because of how many gender sides you connect to.

You can use any or as many of those labels as you want if you find they fit. Though if there's one you like over the others you can use that one more. I'm curious what more you think about it all and your gender :)

AmusedSkeptic

What you described is very similar to my gender. Like you, I prefer presenting more masculine and masculine names. I also feel more of a connection to female, but that can fluctuate. Agender fits best for me so that's what I went with. 

Genderflux (a gender identity in which the gender intensity varies over time. It can be seen as a form of genderfluid between being agender and one or more other gender identities) is what I would suggest for you, but your label is your decision. Remember that it's okay if the definition of the label you like doesn't completely match up with your gender. Hope this helps :D

Archived