Something you LIKE that everybody else hates?

Ortac

Secondhand cigarette smoke. I've never been a smoker, but it's a very comforting and relaxing smell for me.

I'm also very fond of toads and pigeons, both of which most people view as a nuisance.

I'm also joining the ranks of:

-- Rats

-- Spiders

-- Snakes

-- Gloomy, foggy rain

-- Long road trips

-- Pineapple on pizza

Making a website, ANYTHING just to have a "good" online presence, Examples of mine: YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Discord, my own website (website in info), a bunch of other stuff.

and Rain, even if it makes me depressed sometimes.

5 hours ago, Hadgr said:

turn-based games 😂

Everybody likes to press a button and see their character move but I like to think of what I'm doing first 

Definitely with you on that!

A couple of turn-based games I really like: Civ IV, Renowned Explorers: International Society :) 

On 7/12/2020 at 12:14 PM, Ortac said:

My second thing: long distance driving. I love to get on the motorway, set the cruise control to 130 km/h, and just go. I can quite happily do that for several hours (with breaks, of course).

I’m not old enough to drive yet, but I love sitting in long car drives, I can go 8 hours with only really quick bathroom breaks when my dad needs to stop to get gas.
I also like chalk squeaking and stuff like that, because i find it hilarious how much it annoys everyone else.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:53 AM, daveb said:

Definitely with you on that!

A couple of turn-based games I really like: Civ IV, Renowned Explorers: International Society :) 

Ooh, on what platform are those? Since I have an old and slow computer I mainly game on switch (and Nintendo DS before that). My all time favorite is the entire etrian odyssey series which is pretty unknown (and old) but fairly challenging and manages to give you that sense of adventure. 

--> just checked real fast and they seem to be on steam. Renowned explores seems really up my alley... but hey they are releasing games on switch that were previously only on steam so there's hope for me XD

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Hadgr said:

on what platform are those?

I play them on my Windows laptop. I don't have anything like Nintendo, XBox, etc. And don't like playing games on something small like a cell phone or small tablet.

• Like 1

Nickelback.

I'm not super passionate about them, but I really don't think they deserve all the ridicule they get. Their live show is a lot of fun and I think their songs are mostly good (or at least OK).

• 1 year later...
J. van Deijck

Physics, hands down.

On 7/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, Sky Tune Rein said:

Being annoying.

And that too :lol:

• Like 1

Being awake before 7 am. If I sleep in too long I feel like I’ve wasted the day, and mornings are just pretty and peaceful.

• Like 4
J. van Deijck
6 hours ago, Gloomy said:

Being awake before 7 am. If I sleep in too long I feel like I’ve wasted the day, and mornings are just pretty and peaceful.

Same here. I just love mornings.

• Like 3

I love it when there are no happy endings to stories when it doesn't make sense to have them. Authors with their cutesy "suddenly every issue is resolved and everyone loves one another as if nothing had ever happend"-endings after establishing toxic relationships, hurt, trauma and similar things can go right away.

• Like 5

Snail, ants and frogs. Those are considered disgusting and a nuisance with a lot of people, but I think that they're cute and fascinating. 

• Like 1
a little annihilation

rainy dreary cloudy overcast kinda weather. I know a lotta other people like it but the general consensus is that it's "bad" weather. I think sunny is gross weather and cloudy overcast rainy is good weather.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, PinkStrawberry said:

K-pop music.  (Most people don't understand it, my mom hates it)

It's a huge thing for teens here. Though admittedly, K-Pop is barely played on our local "traditional" radio stations. Quite a shame since we mostly get repeats of US-American music of the last five decades-- and US-American music that's more or less new. In my "not-like-other-girls-phase" I would have said that our stations haven't got any "personality", oh wait... ... they actually haven't. Most of them are playing such a small variety of songs and some of the newest stuff several times every hour!!! that people may wonder if those are the same two to three CDs over and over.

Raisins. At least it would seem on-line that people are not too keen no them.

Also (dare I say it?) hawaiian pizza...

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
3 hours ago, PinkStrawberry said:

Actually it seems to be a quite popular thing here on AVEN :D

• Like 3
OptimisticPessimist
5 hours ago, PinkStrawberry said:

Me too! I'm listening to Mic Drop as i type. 

There's always assumptions made, like some people can't understand why K-pop is popular or why people listen to it, so like if there's an article on a group or media etc it's always like oh it's only for certain age group, it's a fad etc but it's just like any music that can be enjoyed. 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

I personally don't like k-pop, but I have no problem with anyone who likes it. You like what you like, that's just it.

• Like 2
rainbowocollie

Being a furry.

Uh. Chris from Sonic X wasn't that bad.

I’m starting to actually like washing dishes by hand. I used to be really lazy about it and let them pile up, especially since the last apartment I lived in did have a dishwasher, albeit kind of a crappy one. But lately I’ve been getting the hang of my nightly routine of listening to YouTube videos while washing dishes.

• Like 1

The mophane worm; most people would never eat an insect, and this is the only one I have ever tried, but what they do is they squeeze out the insides then they dry it in the sun so it is nice and crunchy. The people of Botswana eat it as a national delicacy and it is a good source of protein. It can also be taken dry then used to make a soup, and I've tried that too, delicious.

Strangely enough I would never try any other insect even though I would try most foods at least once, must be the fact that I tried the mophane worm when I was younger.

The first pic is how they look when they're alive, the second is when they have been prepared for consumption after they have had they're insides squeezed out and been dried in the sun.

360_F_414242328_hfAuK6J4UfwbdZscU26xwHHJ

ba3ccb6f-00-mopane-worms-sound-climate-a

EmlovesSpace
2 hours ago, Gloomy said:

I’m starting to actually like washing dishes by hand. I used to be really lazy about it and let them pile up, especially since the last apartment I lived in did have a dishwasher, albeit kind of a crappy one. But lately I’ve been getting the hang of my nightly routine of listening to YouTube videos while washing dishes.

I agree with this one. I enjoy washing the dishes now, I didn't used to appreciate doing them by hand but I do now. It's therapeutic even. I can have YT, Podcasts, or music on in the background. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, EmlovesSpace said:

I agree with this one. I enjoy washing the dishes now, I didn't used to appreciate doing them by hand but I do now. It's therapeutic even. I can have YT, Podcasts, or music on in the background. 

I -hate- doing the dishes lol, but more power to you. :P

One thing I do like is taking long walks. A lot of people would rather drive even a short distance. I use every excuse to walk especially if the weather is good, and even when it sucks. Like a short jaunt to the store to get some chips or something. Walking for me is therapeutic, sometimes with music.

• Like 2