Something you LIKE that everybody else hates?

Ortac

scarletlatitude
On 7/12/2020 at 12:31 PM, Arodash said:

Sneks. I love sneks.

I love me some sneks. I'm also a fan of rats and mice. They are so fluffy. 

On 7/12/2020 at 3:47 PM, Jade Cross said:

Silence

agreed

18 hours ago, Skipper Valvoline said:

I like it hot! (and humid, as someone else mentioned!)

I'm the opposite. Give me cold any day. I also like rain and snow... really all precipitation. 

• Like 1
Aquatic Paradox
1 hour ago, scarletlatitude said:

I also like rain and snow... really all precipitation. 

Even when it includes freezing gale force winds? :P

It can be nice to be inside in those circumstances, but being exposed is murder.

5 hours ago, Arodash said:

Rats are cutiepies who have very boopable noses

Infinitely boopable! 

Spoiler

IMG-20200714-000528.jpg

• Like 2
Real Estate RICO

magpies

I'm willing to fight Australia in its entirety over it

• Like 1
7 hours ago, GingerRose said:

Eating fish eggs.

Cod roe is a common dish at chippies 

7 hours ago, ManicPixieDreamFreeAgent said:

magpies

I'm willing to fight Australia in its entirety over it

That's if the magpies don't kill you first.

• Like 2

Black licorice is probably the biggest thing I can think of. Oh, and spiders. I love spiders, but I'm terrified of bees.

• Like 2

Er..... the new Star Wars movies (they're not perfect for the most part but they were entertaining)
some other movies

also, cockroaches

probably others

ThePurpleHyacinth
3 hours ago, Leedle-Lee said:

Black licorice is probably the biggest thing I can think of. Oh, and spiders. I love spiders, but I'm terrified of bees.

I'm the same way too! Spiders are one of the cutest things life can offer and black licorice melts in my mouth. I'm terrified of waps/yellowjackets but adore honey & bumble bees, though.

Thinking back to the original question...yes, there is something I love that most people seem to hate. Namely teenage boys! I've worked both as a substitute teacher and a youth leader, and have been bullied when I was in junior high school myself. Nonetheless, I find most of today's teenage boys endearing, sweet and lovable, at least those from my area. They're fun to talk with and when you actually get to talk with them, they can become really thoughtful and responsible. Every group has its "bad apples", that's for sure, but overall I think teen boys have a far more lousy reputation than they should.

Edited by ThePurpleHyacinth
ThePurpleHyacinth
5 minutes ago, Arodash said:

Bah, teenagers arent so bad, the "bad apples" just need some direction, some guidance someone to take interest in them and what they want, not people cramming down their throats the stuff society wants from them. 

You're absolutely correct! I just mentioned this teenage boy thing because sooo many people have the tendency to think they're somehow "damaged" or even "evil". Quite harsh judgments to make, huh? Teens in general can be a very enlightening bunch to get to know, if they think you're worth their trust :)

• Like 1
scarletlatitude
18 hours ago, Cassowary92 said:

Even when it includes freezing gale force winds? :P

It can be nice to be inside in those circumstances, but being exposed is murder.

Yes, but I agree it's not always good to be outside during all precipitation. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Cod roe is a common dish at chippies 

Yum. I haven't tried cod rod, only Flying fish row. Is it orange too?

Is it eaten plain or with anything?

• Like 1

@GingerRose, traditionally they're wrapped in breadcrumbs, deep fried and served with chips 

6 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

@GingerRose, traditionally they're wrapped in breadcrumbs, deep fried and served with chips 

Interesting sounds good. :-) 

I have flying fish roe with seaweed and rice,  it only has a little taste like a little spicy.

• Like 1
Lord Jade Cross
On 7/13/2020 at 2:00 AM, Jusey1 said:

Pretty much everybody loves sneks.

-Hasn't the faintest idea what a snek is-

My little black Smart car, everyone hates it, I love it, it's like driving a go kart and it's dirt cheap to run

Anthracite_Impreza
On 7/13/2020 at 3:14 AM, Skipper Valvoline said:

Mixed music genres, like dubstep bagpipes (check out The Sidh!) or 'folk' metal.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:16 AM, Una Salus Victus said:

The Sidh aren't too bad actually. Don't mind me some folk metal here and there either

I have never met anyone else who know The Sidh exist ._. I love Iridium; proper banger... with bagpipes xD

Fossil fuels. Clear-outs, organising and cleaning. Pixar Cars and Planes. Driving aaaaaalllllll day. Snails and slugs. Dubstep. Old, square Commie cars (Ladas are awesome, fuck you haters). Loud engines. Getting covered in soot, grease and oil. Old cars in general. Mushy peas. Being alone all day. Bog standard tap water. Windows Vista. Old vehicles in general.

• Like 1
Lord Jade Cross
33 minutes ago, CBC said:

Ok, I'm gonna break my silence and out myself here because I'm drunk haha.

I don't hate them. I don't love all of their music, I'm not a super-duper rabid fan exactly, but... fuck, people are sooooo judgy about Nickelback! It's just the 'cool' thing to hate them, and I think that's unfair. Some of their songs are downright catchy. I actually like Chad Kroeger's voice because I've a fondness for slightly-gruff male voices when it comes to singers. I really like some of their songs and they're somewhat nostalgic for me. And this is coming from someone who listens to a lot of folk, classical, jazz, classic rock, indie stuff (music that made me Very Uncool™ as a teenager) and is generally very very picky about my music. On the other hand though, I literally never judge people on music taste even if I don't share their preferences. You like what you like. And music is deeply personal and emotional to me, so I see nothing wrong with embracing whatever resonates with you. Music is one of the main ways in which I initially connected with my partner, and that shit runs deep. It tells you a lot about someone, how their brain works and what's meaningful to them and where they find joy and comfort and catharsis.

Anywho. Nickelback can make good music. Crucify me. 🙃

This is one of my favourites, from their album Silver Side Up, which was released when I was 16 and was rather cathartic at the time. The subject matter is a dad who left the family when his kids probably really needed him. My own dad didn't leave or anything, but he was also hella emotionally unavailable. And I just like the sound of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Huh I guess I disconnected too much from peers (not that I was ever buddy buddy with anyone to begin with) because I remember Nickelback when they first came out and they had good songs. Granted I'm not the type to follow any band, even if I like their music. I kind of just stumble upon them, like them, then they fall into obscurity until I stumble on to them again. But it seems alot of music from back in my teenage years has earned some serious hatred from people and I'm now just finding out. Oh well, I guess it pays to be absent from general crowds if this is what happens.

• Like 1
Rainy Robin

Blood sausage. Whenever I tell my fellow Americans I love blood sausage, they look at me strangely 🙃

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rainy_Robin said:

Blood sausage. Whenever I tell my fellow Americans I love blood sausage, they look at me strangely 🙃

Most European countries have their version, such as Blutwurst, black pudding etc. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, CBC said:

people are sooooo judgy about Nickelback! It's just the 'cool' thing to hate them

I never understand this myself. Sure, I've meme'd the "Look at this photograph" before but overall... Nickelback is alright. I do enjoy some of their songs (like "Never Again"). They aren't high tier, I get that, but they're good overall and way better than a lot of other artists I had the displeasure of listening to that seems to be famous for some odd reason...

• 2 weeks later...

The taste of original PeptoBismol. I even love the pink Necco wafers because they remind me of this taste yum 😃

Theacechemist

Being alone and quite for extremely long periods of time. best weekends in college were when my roommate was out of town and I could go 24-48 hrs without speaking or seeing anyone else. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I like raisins. And pineapple on pizza.

Never understood how people can hate raisins but I used to think that pineapple on pizza was weird too until I tried it.

• Like 2

Spiders!! I love spiders... most people don't share my enthusiasm

But they're just so cool and there's so many like the diving bell spider lives UNDERWATER.

It's gotten to the point where I can almost always identify the species of every single spider I come across in life 

I really want some pet tarantulas but my fam refuses to let me get any 

• Like 1
BlakeTheNightowl~

Isolating myself from society 😜 xD  Yeeyee 

Edited by BlakeTheNightowl~
  • Like 3
SlowFinisher3

I like using the sledgehammer approach in slamming down a lot of things people take serious that destroys us: like relationships and ambition. Guilt trips fly through the roof, but l don't care. Truth needs to be told at some point.