Something you LIKE that everybody else hates?

Ortac

TheSpinachCartel

All the wrong toppings for people on a pizza that I think most hate? Olives, artichokes and anchovies are my pizza toppings of choice lol. People always say ewww when I order that so I'm assuming that's widely hated. 

fooledbysecrecy

"miserable" weather. grey and rainy. the colder and bleaker the better.

• Like 2

Command-line-driven computer software.  (My computers in general tend to terrify people.)

chocolate stout beer , i can't drink it anymore due to doctors orders (beer in   general) o how i miss it chocolate a little sweet with a bitter coffee  taste on the back end and achohl fizz on your tung (i think im going to drool)

On 7/14/2020 at 8:12 PM, CBC said:

I don't hate them. I don't love all of their music, I'm not a super-duper rabid fan exactly, but... fuck, people are sooooo judgy about Nickelback! It's just the 'cool' thing to hate them, and I think that's unfair. Some of their songs are downright catchy.

[snip]

Anywho. Nickelback can make good music. Crucify me. 🙃

I'll add myself to the Nickelback ranks; I quite like several of their albums and never understood the judgement there. Had fun surprising a friend who had only heard the hate with some of their catchiest songs. ^_^ I like hearing what other people listen to, but it's definitely personal.

On 8/9/2020 at 5:54 AM, fooledbysecrecy said:

"miserable" weather. grey and rainy. the colder and bleaker the better.

This! :D That kind of weather puts me in the best mood!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Cimmerian said:

I'll add myself to the Nickelback ranks; I quite like several of their albums and never understood the judgement there. Had fun surprising a friend who had only heard the hate with some of their catchiest songs. ^_^ I like hearing what other people listen to, but it's definitely personal.

This! :D That kind of weather puts me in the best mood!

While there's only a couple songs I don't mind, I don't understand the hate either, other than something that just got popular on FB. It seems more often than not people that listen to the popular shit these days, that mostly doesn't seem to make that much use of real instruments.

abandoned-account

Furry art and culture (the non-sexual parts at least; despite popular belief not all of it is sexual).

I really get sick of seeing furry hatred everywhere. Like seriously, people. Of all the people in the world that like to torture and murder innocent lives, ones who draw and dress up as humanoid animals are the “scum of the earth”. Sure... >_>

• Like 2
On 7/14/2020 at 5:20 PM, Arodash said:

Bah, teenagers arent so bad, the "bad apples" just need some direction, some guidance someone to take interest in them and what they want, not people cramming down their throats the stuff society wants from them. 

I agree with that, I've always hated the bad press every teenager has gotten just because some are acting up usually for understanable reasons. I mean in the UK there is not much for them to do anymore, not many social clubs or places that are just for them to hang out and often when it comes to a lot of social care systems they don't get as much attention as younger children. Many also suffer with mental health problems

Anyway, things I like that most people hate. Spiders, they're helpful and cute in my opnion. I also like the Tim burton Alice in wonderland movies which I didn't realise people hated until reccently. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Veezle said:

Furry art and culture (the non-sexual parts at least; despite popular belief not all of it is sexual).

I really get sick of seeing furry hatred everywhere. Like seriously, people. Of all the people in the world that like to torture and murder innocent lives, ones who draw and dress up as humanoid animals are the “scum of the earth”. Sure... >_>

agreed, I think people sometimes mix them up with otherkin or even worse zoophiles (ugh) but it's not true, furries don't want to have sex with animals and neither do they believe they are animals. Most of them just appreciate and like drawing antromophic animals or fursona's which is cute really, not messed up. Yeah, you can think dressing up in a fursuit is 'weird' but they're not hurting anyone, they're just trying to have fun and express themselves 

• Like 1

The smell of tar, gas and isopropyl  

The taste of unflavored goodys powders (its like metal, dont know why I like it)

No one around me likes bagpipes so I'll count that

J. van Deijck
On 7/12/2020 at 6:14 PM, Ortac said:

My second thing: long distance driving. I love to get on the motorway, set the cruise control to 130 km/h, and just go. I can quite happily do that for several hours (with breaks, of course).

This.

Then maths, physics, chemistry. Spiders. Being annoying. Making plans and writing everything in the form of lists. Summer. Christmas.

DarkStormyKnight

The "Watchmen" movie I think is excellent, apparently people hate it. 

Ed Sheeran, I am all about his music (for the most part), for some reason people like to hate on his fans? I guess I'm typically less into his love songs that spam the radio but he has some great stuff. If liking that is wrong I sure as hell don't want to be right.

• Like 1

Apparently there are more asexuals in Britain than people who condone fast driving 

the-ace-of-hearts
On 7/12/2020 at 11:46 AM, CBC said:

Brussels sprouts.

Nothing can beat some well cooked brussels sprouts.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, the-ace-of-hearts said:

Nothing can beat some well cooked brussels sprouts.

How about a sledgehammer? :P 

Farming Simulator 2019

I got it as a joke, but honestly its not that bad. Its fun to play when you just wanna relax or listen to a podcast 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 3:11 PM, oldgeeza said:

My little black Smart car, everyone hates it, I love it, it's like driving a go kart and it's dirt cheap to run

I know a fellow who really likes them for at least one of those reasons. One fly in the ointment, to him anyway, is that they're full of sensors that can cause a lot of problems. He does all the work on his family's vehicles so repair bills aren't a problem. He switches back and forth between two of them regularly; it depends on which one is running at the time. He also has some for parts; when I asked how many he has he wasn't able to tell me.

As for me, my own deadly automotive sin is the Mercury Lynx, especially the 1981-82 base model with a 4-speed, 2-door in medium blue metallic with a medium wedgewood blue interior. I used to see quite a few like that, one of which I got a *really* close look at as it was parked in the lot at my old place. It was almost completely devoid of options, didn't even have a rear defogger. However, it did have the optional cluster with tach and temp gauge. Overall, I thought it had a very tidy look. I also recall that the inside mirror was missing and the windscreen cracked, the latter being a common issue among those that were driven hard. Come to think of it the roads around here are so busted up that it would be a major challenge to keep one in good repair, same with any other old car.

• 1 month later...

Masks, songs of Bob Dylan(please keep in mind that I am about 15.778082 years old and my friends either), math, some other things.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm not quite sure if the first two things are really hated in the rest of the world but they definitely are in post-USSR society.

- Listening to music with Bluetooth speakers 😅 I know there's a lot of people who hate all these teenagers and kids who listen to loud music on streets but whenever I hear it, it just brings so much joy to me and I feel like I wanna join them and dance 😄 Maybe it just has to do with the fact that I listen to almost every genre of music so it's very difficult to annoy me with some song no matter what genre it is (which leads to another thing - I often like songs and bands other people hate. I just like melodies and rhythm no matter what genre it is - metal, electronic music, classical, folk, pop etc. Mixed genres? Even better 😁).

And despite my friend's dislike towards all these teenagers and the fact that I'm an introvert, I secretly always wanted to buy Bluetooth speakers myself and make my own "street parties" 😁

- Voice messages. Of course, it's much more comfortable to find some information in text messages and not everyone has an opportunity to listen to voice messages immediately, so it annoys a lot of people when someone sends them a long voice message instead of a simple text. And it's completely understandable, text is much more comfortable for me most of the time too. But sometimes I just love to exchange long voice messages with my friends who don't mind it. You can hear the actual voice, actual emotions of the person, intonation and emphasis, which makes it much easier to understand what the person really means, if they are being serious or just joking (I had a long story of trying to reconcile my friends who misunderstood each other's text messages and got offended 🙈) but at the same time you have an opportunity to listen to it whenever you are free, you can speed it up etc which is impossible with phone calls. So yeah, I love voice messages! But sure, it takes some time to develop a skill to record them without mumbling and stutters 😄

- The appearance of Alita in "Alita: Battle Angel" (and I loved the movie). I have no idea why so many people are irritated by her big eyes. It looks cool!

- Social distancing. This quarantine gave me a lot of time to reflect, to understand myself better. There's no rush and no guilt about wasted days. For the first time in many-many years I was actually able to enjoy the coming of autumn. Before, it just brought me sorrow. But this time there's no school or college, and I didn't feel guilty about sitting at home and wasting whole summer because I knew that it was my duty to sit at home 😁 Also I have a lot of time for my hobbies, watching favourite series and movies etc.

Though I have to admit that the start of quarantine was quite stressful when I was stuck with my conflicting family in one flat. Thankfully, it's all settled now. And of course I'd love to hug my mum, grandma and my friends again, and spend some time with them because it's just been too long. I mean, I love social distancing but I love some social interaction once in a while as well 😄

But of course I'm talking only about social distancing. The whole pandemic situation is awful.

Oh, and also a few years ago I tried broccoli for the first time and I didn't hate it, thought it's just an ordinary cabbage. Maybe it just requires right cooking 🤷‍♂️ And butter for sure, otherwise it tastes like grass 😄

Sorry if I made some mistakes, I'm not fluent in English 😄

Team Liquorice! Wooo :D

- cold pizza

- backpacking

- cold weather

J. van Deijck

Liquorice, too :P

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Una Salus Victus said:

Liquorice, black jelly beans, ouzo, while we're at it

That's our "little ray of pitch black". ;) 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

Piercings, apparently. 

• Like 2

turn-based games 😂

Everybody likes to press a button and see their character move but I like to think of what I'm doing first 

• Like 3