Something you LIKE that everybody else hates?

Ortac

Inspired by the "Something you hate that everybody else likes?" thread, but flipped around. Is there anything you like that everybody else seems to dislike or even hate?

Two things for me. In the right situation, I love getting covered in mess, muck or slime. I think that some of the most fun things you can do involve getting messy or getting soaked. Nobody else I know seems to like it. I can't even persuade friends or family to play a game of Pie Face with me!

My second thing: long distance driving. I love to get on the motorway, set the cruise control to 130 km/h, and just go. I can quite happily do that for several hours (with breaks, of course).

• Like 4
Aquatic Paradox

Demography and deep sea creatures.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Arodash said:

Sneks. I love sneks.

SNEEEKS! ❤️

Pineapple on pizza. 😎

• Like 2
Just a Quail

Oatmeal raisin cookies! I get that they're not going to be everyone's favorite, but gosh, why all the hate? I can sorta understand hating on pineapple on pizza, but oatmeal raisin cookies? They didn't do anything wrong! :(

• Like 7
Rockblossom

Unflavored sparkling water over ice.  This is what I usually ordered in Germany, but is very hard to find in the USA.  "Sparkling water" here is a tepid lightly-carbonated water, not the bubbles-up-your-nose stuff you get in Europe. 

• Like 1
Rockblossom
1 minute ago, Arodash said:

You dare call American sparkling water tepid!!!!!!!!!! Enough talk! Have at you!

My sparkling water can beat up your sparkling water with both labels tied behind its bottle.  

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Rockblossom said:

Unflavored sparkling water over ice.  This is what I usually ordered in Germany, but is very hard to find in the USA.  "Sparkling water" here is a tepid lightly-carbonated water, not the bubbles-up-your-nose stuff you get in Europe. 

In Switzerland, you can buy three different grades of sparkling water. The light stuff in a blue bottle, the medium stuff in a green bottle, or the really fizzy stuff in a red bottle which has bubbles so powerful they make it feel like your mouth is on fire.

• Like 4

I like the way Diet Coke tastes. I'm skinny so I don't need to consume diet anything but I still like the chemically taste.

• Like 2
On 7/12/2020 at 6:28 PM, local burnout. said:

socks with sandals

Wearing them or seeing them on others?

Yodeling. No wait, yodeling people must like yodeling.

Spiders then. No, some people don't mind spiders.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

I like the way Diet Coke tastes. I'm skinny so I don't need to consume diet anything but I still like the chemically taste.

Maybe it's just that whenever I drink soda, it's almost always diet stuff, but regular soda tastes way too sweet for me now.

As a metalhead, I hear people complain about music all the time, so there's that.

• Like 2
Aquatic Paradox
8 minutes ago, Mackenzie Holiday said:

Hot, humid weather. It makes me nostalgic for my hometown.

You could put a hot towel over your face if you want a similar experience :P

Aquatic Paradox
1 minute ago, CBC said:

Hell yes. Wait, do people not find it fascinating?!

Many people don't like being considered numbers or associating others with numbers (even though we all are).

• Like 1

airports, flat soda, and...

3 hours ago, Arodash said:

Sneks

• Like 1
Aquatic Paradox
7 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Silence

Silence as in not hearing people speak or true silence?

-Spending an entire weekend being antisocial. 

I love it. Rollerblading, biking, nature walks away from any population and being alone or rather only with loved ones. 

I don't get to do it often, but when I do it's like fully recharging the batteries. Socializing drains them. 

Most people I know want to socialize on their days off and can't bear the social distancing. Social distancing to the introverted or touch averse, is like heaven. 

-Reading about political psychology and sociology. Essentially, loving to see how humans behave under political and peer pressure, basically. 

-Spending an entire day cleaning. I love cleaning. I clean my branch, and some staff look at me like am nuts (like how meticulously I will do it) . To me, waking into a place that smells and looks beautiful sends a message. 

(I walk into a restaurants toilet and see poop patties on a toilet seat.... I am not trusting your food). 

-Watching independent film. I hate movies that mock short attention spans. I love character development. Story lines. 

Skipper Valvoline

Mixed music genres, like dubstep bagpipes (check out The Sidh!) or 'folk' metal. So of course I was all over Old Town Road, lol.

Leaving the a/c off during the summer. I like it hot! (and humid, as someone else mentioned!)

• Like 3

I dip my grilled cheese in ketchup instead of tomato soup.

13 hours ago, Arodash said:

Sneks. I love sneks.

Pretty much everybody loves sneks.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Arodash said:

Mortals are nothing but a misserable pile of lies! Canada Dry Sparkling water I choose you! 

Dry water?? 

Is the brand name Oxymoron? 

😋😋

6 hours ago, Skipper Valvoline said:

Mixed music genres, like dubstep bagpipes (check out The Sidh!) or 'folk' metal. So of course I was all over Old Town Road, lol.

Leaving the a/c off during the summer. I like it hot! (and humid, as someone else mentioned!)

The Sidh aren't too bad actually. Don't mind me some folk metal here and there either

Pineapple pizza, country music, and RATS 🐀

• Like 2