Stanford University recognizes asexuality as a legitimate orientation

I'm so happy when universities start acknowledging us. :) 

Purple Red Panda
15 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I don't really care whether the average person does or not, but really smart people? Hell yes.

I'm very fortunate in that a friend of mine has done a PhD which focused on asexual activism, he actually helped persuade me to join these forums.

Purple Red Panda
1 minute ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

That is cool that you know someone doing that, because I don't think that it is a focus for many, and also that they were able to help you find this community.

It was a combination of him and various youtubers, he was the first person I ever had a long and serious conversation with about my sexuality in person (well Zoom) it was incredibly helpful.

1 minute ago, Purple Red Panda said:

it was incredibly helpful

I bet, it sounds like he probably knows a lot about it, and that's the kind of source you'd hope for when trying to understand that part of yourself better.

Purple Red Panda
17 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I bet, it sounds like he probably knows a lot about it, and that's the kind of source you'd hope for when trying to understand that part of yourself better

I really can't believe how lucky I was on this one. He's a sweet and lovely guy who is interested in human sexuality and very easy to talk to so he would have been brilliant just on that level but the fact that he knew about the asexuality in a great degree of depth meant he was able to disabuse me of some of the preconceptions I had about asexuality.

Archived