Take this poll :)

Grey-Ace Ventura

Which best describes you?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How do you identify?

• cisgender
    • transgender ftm or mtf
    • nonbinary (anything under the nb umbrella)
    • Other
  2. 2. Which of these describes you?

• no body dysphoria
    • some body dysphoria
    • body dysphoria is such that I cannot recognize myself in photos / the mirror
    • Other
  3. 3. How good are you at left vs. right?

• no trouble telling left from right
    • some trouble telling left from right
    • completely cannot tell left from right
    • Other

Grey-Ace Ventura

Umm so I don't really know what goes on in my head either but go for it. Only for the purpose of the poll, I separated trans ftms and mtfs from enby people. That of course doesn't mean I don't recognize enby people as trans. Also, if a mod could move this to the Census Forum instead that would be nice. Please explain your answer to the poll and have a nice day!

BlakeTheNightowl~

Other ~ 😜

erichamion

Considering I only have one hand, I may have an unfair advantage in telling left from right. I never really understood how some people would be confused (excluding very young children who are still learning what words mean), but that might just be my privilege showing.

BlakeTheNightowl~

I’m agender and have body dysphoria I hate this body I’m in it’s revolting disgusted by it :s but it’s whatevs .. when dysphoria hits I just listen to music aha

Answers: nb, trouble with recognition in mirror, terrible at left right.

Still, I don't think my trouble with telling left and right apart is due to dysphoria.

My mother has severe dyscalculia, and can't tell left from right, and she never uses left/right in speech, so I didn't learn what left/right meant at all until I was like 7 and we had a test about it at school. I asked my mom what left and right was and she pointed like 'this is left, this is right' (she pointed correctly, that's not the issue). That led me to believe left and right were absolute directions like North and South, rather than relative to the speaker.

During the test, I mentally retraced the entire way from home to school to know which way my mom would be pointing if she'd stood right there at my desk. My desk was unfortunately the wrong way around during the test so I got all the answers wrong.

Even after that, while I did write down an L and an R on the corners of my desk to hopefully stop making the same mistake, we never used left and right at home, so I never quite caught up. Differentiating between directions that are relative to the speaker, rather than absolute, is still counterintuitive to me, but I thankfully don't have dyscalculia.

Also as this forum's mod I think this thread fits in here and doesn't necessarily need to be moved to census. It is about gender.

Grey-Ace Ventura
2 hours ago, Laurann said:

Still, I don't think my trouble with telling left and right apart is due to dysphoria.

I don't think that's the case for most people either lol, I just made the poll because mirrors confuse the hell out of me and so does left and right, and I just happen to be trans so I thought "why not". Also wow, thanks for sharing your story :)

I guess technically I identify as a trans guy so the binary trans option but I just don't like the term ftm, plus I'm not super attached to the binary. I feel kinda genderqueer but not enough to consider myself nonbinary.

For dysphoria I chose other because I can recognize myself in the mirror but if I'm not wearing clothes that hide certain stuff about my body then I freaking hate it. Definitely have a lot of body dysphoria.

And I think I have like a normal amount of trouble with left and right lol Like just getting it mixed up for a second or two sometimes like it might happen to anyone.

death angel

for the left hand vs right hand iv never bothered to learn which is which so im not sure about my answer to that, i guess i cant tell the difference

I’m agender. Both trans and non-binary. I do have quite a bit of body dysphoria. Pretty much anything gendered. Chest and facial hair are the worst to me. Although, having an 8-month long ‘friend’ in the past was hell for it. It’s not so bad that I can’t recognize myself, but it is a weird uncanny feeling when I see myself in mirrors or pics. 

I am still questioning my gender, so I am not sure, but I am leaning towards non-binary.

Boobs suck ass, and I may have some surrounding my genitals, not sure yet.

It is pretty rare, but I do sometimes mix them up. Usually when it is in a different orientation, like if I am looking at a video game map and the character is facing the bottom of the screen, I might think I need to go right instead of left.

Archived