New Declass Team Member Needed: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

We are looking for one more member of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/ 

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/ 

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 2 July to Thursday, 9 July: Nominations.

Thursday, 9 July to Sunday, 12 July: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 12 July to Sunday, 19 July: Voting.

20 minutes ago, Verb said:

If anyone's considering running and has any questions, ask away! ^_^ 

How have you been getting on with 6 members in the DT?

On 7/2/2020 at 7:29 PM, Iam9man said:

How have you been getting on with 6 members in the DT?

Pretty good! We've just had one of our most productive quarters since the team was created :) 

Janus the Fox

Can also ask me for questions too being former DT :) 

Pls consider joining, we have a cake buffet in the backroom. :ph34r:

Janus the Fox
14 hours ago, Leedle-Lee said:

Pls consider joining, we have a cake buffet in the backroom. :ph34r:

All the Welcome Lounge cake gotta be kept somewhere 😛

12 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

All the Welcome Lounge cake gotta be kept somewhere 😛

😂 That is very true!

What is the teams expected output or participation level

• weekly?
  • monthly?
  • quarterly?

Anything important potential candidates should know?

What do you enjoy most about DT?

16 hours ago, Goonie said:

• weekly?
  • monthly?
  • quarterly?

As a former member of DT I thought I could answer 😊

There is no set minimum and you don’t need to check in on a daily basis like admods do. That being said, if you can aim for a minimum of 2 hours a week or 1-2 tasks a day then the team will make positive progress towards clearing the backlog. If you have a quiet week because of other stuff in your life that is no problem in this team. Conversely, if you spend extra time some weeks that is really appreciated.

I think the 3x most important things candidates should know are:

1. You need to be a detailed-oriented person; you’ll be staring at (simple) HTML at times. This probably feels natural to some, not to others.

2. The ideal minimum time spent, as detailed above.

3. The team is very supportive and there is extensive help & guidance available.

Personally I enjoyed Declassing & Proofreading equally, as they’re two sides of the same coin in a way. You may find you prefer some tasks over others. You can also join some admod policy discussions, which is also very interesting 😊👍

Removed again sorry for derailing.

Janus the Fox

The Declassification Team are ideally looking for a DT that can contribute to DT activities on a weekly basis at most, while our guidelines suggest some contributions monthly at a minimum, but due to the current backlog of threads, this minimum should be discussed again at some point.

Your work can consist of PM'ing users that has come up in Declass threads, Declassifying a thread itself or Proofing already declassed threads and log such into the Admods Archive.  Previous members can find their strengths in doing a task daily or weekly, dedicating themselves to a particular task or do a bit of everything some time after training.  A DT can also contribute to Admods discussions relating to DT or all staff contributions.

DT can be a stepping stone into a further Mod or PT Role later on if you wish to, DT provides a small window into Staff life without Admod responsibilities.  There's a wealth of history and knowledge abut AVEN and it's development over the years for anyone with that extra spare time to read if one wishes.

Also a little reminder as stated in the Thread

"Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run"

This thread is to encourage those thinking to run as a DT, posting much else can be seen as discouragement or off putting.

3 minutes ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Also a little reminder as stated in the Thread

"Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run"

This thread is to encourage those thinking to run as a DT, posting much else can be seen as discouragement or off putting.

Okay I am sorry should I remove my other post?

20 hours ago, Goonie said:

• weekly?
  • monthly?
  • quarterly?

@Iam9man covered it pretty well!

DT positions are a little more independent than Admod positions, so we can manage our work as needed. It's not a position that requires you to be on AVEN every day (since we don't deal with things like reports etc) so the time is relatively flexible.

I find that each DT works in their own way. Some of us do a little bit every day, some do a little more every few days, some will clear a large amount of work once or twice a week depending on their schedule. There are no hard-and-fast numbers because declassing a 6-page Spare Reports Thread or a Chat Log thread will always take longer than declassing, for example, a Roll Call thread. Generally, as long as you're contributing regularly to clearing the backlog, that's the main thing :P A couple of hours a week is the usual minimum we would ask.

These are the main DT duties:

• PMing members (where needed) to ask if they'd like their names left in threads
  • Initial Declassification of threads, which is the first run-through to remove personal info
  • Proofreading, which is the second run-through and is always done by a different DT
  • Moving proofread threads to the Admod Archives
  • Participating in DT-relevant policy discussions and votes

The rest of the team are on hand for help and support in any of the above :) 

You'll need a good eye for detail, but that's about it. Everything else we can teach on team.

Learning AVEN's history. I probably wouldn't read anywhere near as many threads if I weren't actioning them as part of my DT Role. For that reason alone, it's a great first step for anyone who might be interested in running for a mod position someday, since you can start building backroom experience and knowledge ahead of time. 

Spoiler

Also I'm very much a numbers guy, I don't think it's any secret I love writing the quarterly reports on how much backlog we've cleared :ph34r:

Janus the Fox
1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

Okay I am sorry should I remove my other post?

naw it's fine at this moment :)

Janus the Fox
On 7/7/2020 at 12:55 AM, Goonie said:

• weekly?
  • monthly?
  • quarterly?

I'll add that I've worked almost daily on the Backlog, mostly Proofing or Declass procedures, about 3 or 4 times a week or about 8 or 10 hours a week, far exceeding the monthly minimum at the time.

10 hours ago, Verb said:

@Iam9man covered it pretty well!

Thanks, it almost tempted me to reapply! 🥳

*closes*

Normally, we move on to the campaigns. But there are no candidates, so we will try again soon.

Archived