61 members have voted

1. 1. What sounds better:

• Smooth jello
    • Jello with crap in it
    • I'm just here to complain

This poll is closed to new votes

N8ty L3asT
1 hour ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

It was used to describe orange juice, okay?! Don't question your mother! She doesn't do well with people questioning her odd choices..

‘Tis childs duty to question thine parents choices :P 

While I prefer smooth jello, I picked "jello with crap in it" because Pink Stuff exists, which is automatically better than any smooth jello to ever exist. If I had to choose, I would pick Pink Stuff over smooth jello any day.

If you don't know what Pink Stuff is, its basically just any red-colored jello blended together with crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and cool whip, then refrigerated for a few hours. It's the best thing ever, easily my favorite dessert (with trifle coming in at a close second). Highly recommend if you've never tried it.

Skycaptain

Anyone else here ever eat the cubes of fruit jelly that you were supposed to add water to to make the actual dessert? 😋 😋 

Fruit jellies as a pudding were a bit bland on their own, but worked well with fruit chunks set in them, also trifle. 

Savoury jelly for eels, and all those moulds people have posted is definitely better than just jelly on its own 

everywhere and nowhere

I don't know what is meant: pure jelly in a bowl vs. jelly with some fruit pieces thrown in before it sets?

I don't usually bother to add fruit. However, I rarely eat jelly. I'm a vegetarian, so 95% of available jellies are inedible for me. And as for fruit pieces... carageenan, agar and similar plant-based gellifying agents have the advantage of "not quarreling with kiwi" - kiwi and a few other kinds of fruits are famous for spoiling those horrible, disgusting gelatine-based jellies (their enzymes disrupt the setting process), and I always thought that kiwi has a texture which makes it great for jellies, it's a high-moisture fruit with a texture which is itself very slightly gelatinous. So I really don't understand why aren't vegetarian/vegan jellies more available - after all, eating a vegetarian product is really not dishonourable for carnivores... ;) Well, people say that the consistency is a bit less firm. But on the other hand - plant-based jellies also have the advantage that they set quicker. After they cool down, one hour in the refrigerator is supposed to be enough.

Anyway, when I can grab some plant-based jelly - I take care to suit it to tea I have, an vice versa. I'm a teamaniac and I always wheel and deal about what tea suits that dish or dessert, or the other way around. The plant-based jellies which are easiest to get in Poland are from the gelatine-free series by Delecta, it includes four flavours: strawberry and raspberry, peach and orange (haven't seen that one in a while), lemon and lime, and an almost colourless jelly with grape and gooseberry flavour. So for example lemon and lime works great with virgin-mojito-like summer teas, I also have a yet unopened box of strawberry and raspberry flavoured cold brew fruit tea, so it will be great with the appropriate jelly - I have bought two bags and I'm waiting until I open that tea. :)

original.jpg

56 minutes ago, uniQChick said:

original.jpg

I've made literally this exact dish before.

Fruit pieces are good. The pictures everyone is finding are not.

I would also like to add: Pickle olive jello

IMG_0179_thumb.jpg

what the HECK is this thread :blink:

Spoiler

throwback0208107.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

32 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Did you eat it? :blink:

Ofc, although I think I should have used a broth base, because it was kinda bland.

On July 1, 2020 at 5:07 AM, Skycaptain said:

Anyone else here ever eat the cubes of fruit jelly that you were supposed to add water to to make the actual dessert? 😋 😋 

I haven't, but it seems as if plates full of them were consumed as meals on the original Star Trek.

@Cassowary92

How can I give that more likes? I have to make that for myself now.

fooledbysecrecy

i deeply regret looking at this thread😳

• 1 month later...

d5100474-95de-436c-98cd-2172f5edf4de.jpg

this one looks niiiiiiice tho

• 2 months later...
sSevenOfSpadeƧƨ

Ok but the jellies you can get at the Asian market with the smaller different jelly cubes in them are the best, your life is incomplete if you have not tried them

I've hated all jelly since I was a kid. My apologies. 🤭

• 9 months later...

@Crack Cake

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived