Orange Juice

OptimisticPessimist

Battle of the Orange Juice’s   

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Smooth Orange Juice
    • Orange Juice with pulp/bits
    • I don’t like orange juice
    • I like orange juice but have a different type of orange juice that I will share in the form of a comment

This poll is closed to new votes

Orange juice with pulp, and I hate how strongly I feel about this issue :P 

It seems like everyone I know hates the pulp, but it's so much better.

RoseGoesToYale

The kind that's been so sugared up, with maybe some other flavors added, to the point where it tastes not very much like the original monstrosity fruit.

Sometimes I like pulp, but sometimes it's excessive. I like a little pulp without feeling like I might as well be eating an orange.

It’s all fun and games until you choke on some pulp. Definitely gonna be no pulp form me, not a pleasant experience. 

NickyTannock

I don't like orange juice.
In fact, I developed this weird ritual where when I ate an orange, I'd peel it, separate the segments, then peel the segments, and separate the individual juice beads, allowing me to eat them without my tongue coming into contact with any juice.

6 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

I'd peel it, separate the segments, then peel the segments, and separate the individual juice beads, allowing me to eat them without my tongue coming into contact with any juice.

That's an impressive amount of dedication :blink: I've never heard anyone refer to an orange's individual juice beads before. Didn't even know they had them, I figured the segments were pretty much it.

NickyTannock
28 minutes ago, Verb said:

That's an impressive amount of dedication :blink: I've never heard anyone refer to an orange's individual juice beads before. Didn't even know they had them, I figured the segments were pretty much it.

The hard part is peeling the segments without breaking any of the beads. You have to pinch them along the inner edge and pull either side apart gradually from one end to the other.

I do something similar with a fried egg, where I peel the yolk sack away from the whites instead of cutting around it.

P.S. this is what the orange beads look like when you peel a segment.

Spoiler

shutterstock_245383567-1024x535.jpg

Pulp-free! I've never liked the kind with pulp...bleh. Then again, I very rarely drink orange juice.

Grumpy Alien

I don’t like orange juice. My stomach is sensitive to high acidity. But I do love mimosas! I don’t really care if it has pulp or not. Pulp doesn’t bother me.

17 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

P.S. this is what the orange beads look like when you peel a segment.

Spoiler

shutterstock_245383567-1024x535.jpg

...I feel like someone has just pulled back the wallpaper of the universe.

Smooth. I hate the texture of juice that has pulp in it.

MaryPenelope

Pulp is disgusting and can die in a fire of my hatred for it

Anomaly Q3Xr

Orange juice with bits is always better.

With pulp

Skycaptain

Another pulpist here. It gives it more body and you get more nutrients out of it. 

fooledbysecrecy

used to like the smooth juice, made out of concentrate... until i got a taste of actual real orange juice with bits, not looked back since.

MonsterTurtle

smooth
absolutely

I just can't handle drinks with bits and pieces in them

J. van Deijck

Only smooth for me. I wouldn't even touch a juice with pulp in 🤭 I'm just one more of those people who can't handle bits and pieces in their drinks. I'm very sensitive to textures and often base my meal on them more than on the taste alone.

For the same reason I never drink coffee that is not infiltrated and I hate crunchy food :P

GingerRose

You have to be able to chew your orange juice.

The only orange juice that I've ever loved is homemade from my satsuma tree. There's no preservatives or buttloads of sugar- just orange juice, water, and some honey to sweeten it.

It has a little bit of pulp in it, but not too much.

• 4 weeks later...

I like orange juice, but due to my acid reflux, I can only drink orange juice that has no pulp and high calcium. 😑

smooth! i hate the orange juice with calcium tho

Archived