Dumb mistake

GingerRose

Have you ever done something dumb when you were younger that turned out okay but you look back on it and just think "What was I thinking?"?

Lots of stuff. I react pretty negetively even remembering how embarassing or bad some things were. 

Scottthespy

Several things. Not all of them terribly long ago. I've actually started applying cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to my visceral and unwarranted reaction to the memories in hopes of getting myself to chill out about stuff I can't change.

MakeupJunkie4
39 minutes ago, SithEmpress said:

Lots of stuff. I react pretty negetively even remembering how embarassing or bad some things were. 

SAME

asexualofhearts

When I was very small I would eat random items and plants that could very possibly have been poisonous. 

no-longer-in-use

Yep. I even think "Wow, that was really dumb" when remembering things I did more recently. I'm still growing up so I suppose that's normal.

"What happens if I touch the element of an electric fire?" 😋 😋 

I could write a book on mine. 

Dumbest would be jumping off the roof of a house. 

My competitive spirit got the best of me. I couldn't explain how I walked away with no broken bones. Just a pretty jammed ankle, but no bone or ligament injury. The impact made everyone cringe. I limped heavily for days, but not even a hairline fracture. 

People tell me am very wise. I retort with that I was an extremely dumb kid. I got bored, and the stupidity level got amplified.

12 hours ago, 123383 said:

What were you thinking @GingerRose?

😕 😄 

I walked outside half a mile in a tornado across a thin lake dam in flip flops and pouring rain.

I think I decided that in a tornado, I would be in safer shelter across the lake, but didn't barely think that to get there would be as much danger.

15 hours ago, asexualofhearts said:

When I was very small I would eat random items and plants that could very possibly have been poisonous. 

Yum, same, just everything was edible in my book as a child.

dog treats, snow salt, plaster cake displays.

Lord Jade Cross
1 hour ago, GingerRose said:

😕 😄 

I walked outside half a mile in a tornado across a thin lake dam in flip flops and pouring rain.

I think I decided that in a tornado, I would be in safer shelter across the lake, but didn't barely think that to get there would be as much danger.

We're you trying to earn the title of "The extreme" ?

SpaceDustbin

When I was 5, I was very good at the "Let's touch this heat source right after it's been switched off". And not touching with just a finger, no let's put my whole hand on the gas stove and clothes iron. Never did that again afterwards, so at least I learnt something 😂

SorryNotSorry

Trying drugs. You can pretty much figure that one out for yourself.

All the time. It slowed way down though after the death of a parent.

Well, I did start smoking when I was 15 and drinking when I was 16 or 17, so there's that.

Drugs and dropping out of high school by far are my dumbest. I got into a few altercations with teachers. I was a mess. I luckily missed, but threw a math book at a teacher's head. 

I got expelled, eventually got back in but just gave up. 

I had to jump through so many hoops to get a high school diploma as an adult. Along with the challenge of graduating college as a much older student, while working full time. 

I haven't touched a drug nor drank more than a beer on a social evening, say at work (I otherwise avoid alcohol) for over 15 years. 

It created a side of me I never want to see again. Just the lack of control over all this rage pulsating through my bones. 

I guess the lone benefit, is I don't look down on those who are at their rock bottom periods of life. 

GingerRose
On 6/30/2020 at 5:30 PM, Jade Cross said:

We're you trying to earn the title of "The extreme" ?

I think it was late at night, and I failed in all senses of logic. 😥

Archived