anybody up for gaming ?

BlakeTheNightowl~

BlakeTheNightowl~

hii peeps anybody got steam and want to play a multiplayer game ? 🙂

Captain_Tass

I have steam, but can't play right now as it's 02:40 AM where I live. I could add you though and maybe we could play together sometime!

BlakeTheNightowl~
2 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

I have steam, but can't play right now as it's 02:40 AM where I live. I could add you though and maybe we could play together sometime!

sure ~! what's your user ? 

Captain_Tass
Just now, BlakeTheNightowl~ said:

sure ~! what's your user ? 

Captain_Tass

BlakeTheNightowl~

okay kool i'll add you ~

everywhere and nowhere

I prefer single player (retro) adventure games. But despite only playing by myself, I enjoy sharing screenshots.

BlakeTheNightowl~
Just now, Nowhere Girl said:

I prefer single player (retro) adventure games. But despite only playing by myself, I enjoy sharing screenshots.

lol nice send your screenshots XD 

Scottthespy

I don't have much in the way of multiplayer games...I've got Don't Starve Together, 7 Days to die(though I've never played), Hobo: Tough Life, and...technically you can set up Viscera Cleanup Detail to be multiplayer but I don't know how. You have any of those?

Edit: I supposed I've also gotten back into free to play Runescape classic lately...could use a partner for Shield of Arrav.

BlakeTheNightowl~
Just now, Scottthespy said:

I don't have much in the way of multiplayer games...I've got Don't Starve Together, 7 Days to die(though I've never played), Hobo: Tough Life, and...technically you can set up Viscera Cleanup Detail to be multiplayer but I don't know how. You have any of those?

i don't lol and i think you need a vr tool or somethin' like that idk  but i've got deceit it's a free multi player game xD party of 6 people 

Scottthespy
2 minutes ago, BlakeTheNightowl~ said:

i don't lol and i think you need a vr tool or somethin' like that idk  but i've got deceit it's a free multi player game xD party of 6 people 

I think you just need to know how to set up a personal server, the game is set up to work with multiple people, there's just no online servers. I...hm. I like the social engineering/people reading aspects of Deceit, but I've managed to headshot myself in fps's before, I'm really bad at them...

rainbow_skittles

The only multiplayer games I can play are either Minecraft (Java edition) or Roblox.

BlakeTheNightowl~
10 minutes ago, Scottthespy said:

I think you just need to know how to set up a personal server, the game is set up to work with multiple people, there's just no online servers. I...hm. I like the social engineering/people reading aspects of Deceit, but I've managed to headshot myself in fps's before, I'm really bad at them...

lol first time playing deceit so i think i'll be pree bad at them too ahah 

BlakeTheNightowl~
5 minutes ago, rainbow_skittles said:

The only multiplayer games I can play are either Minecraft (Java edition) or Roblox.

oh lol i used to have roblox 

rainbow_skittles
3 minutes ago, BlakeTheNightowl~ said:

oh lol i used to have roblox 

Niceee

everywhere and nowhere
1 hour ago, BlakeTheNightowl~ said:

lol nice send your screenshots XD 

Fine. Let me propose a little game on the side: try to guess which of these two games was created in 1989, and which one was started a few years ago and should be finished this year, perhaps early next year.

Game 1:

crimson-006.png

Game 2:

515641-the-colonel-s-bequest-dos-screens

(By the way, despite the similarity of appearance, this is not the same person. But which game inspired which to the point that even the protagonist looks pretty much alike?... ;))

Later I can post a second one, but I'm worried that it might be too easy. ;) This here is the 16-colour EGA palette, the second two will have VGA and VGA-like graphics. The problem is that real games from the early 90s were indeed strictly limited to 256 colours, hardly any private user had hardware which would support more. A very perceptive eye might notice that modern games, even if they consciously emulate the same pixel art style, use more colours. If someone decides to use the much more restrictive EGA palette despite modern possibilities being much higher (like the author of one of the games above), the result is indistinguishable if we only take colours into consideration.

BlakeTheNightowl~
10 minutes ago, rainbow_skittles said:

Niceee

yeah ahah 

I wouldnt mind having a crack at something multiplayer, but i'm working a fair bit lately

everywhere and nowhere

Hey, nobody wanna guess which screenshot comes from the old game and which from the new one? This is, too, multiplayer in a way, anyone can vote. ;)

Twisted Tempest

I'm sad because I'd love to play with you all, but my PC is out of action, so I'm relegated to my PS4 right now. :(

BlakeTheNightowl~
8 minutes ago, Twisted Tempest said:

I'm sad because I'd love to play with you all, but my PC is out of action, so I'm relegated to my PS4 right now. :(

haha no worries 

rainbow_skittles
22 minutes ago, Twisted Tempest said:

OOF.

Archived