It Shouldn't Come As A Surprise

SamiLynn

I feel like that if I were to come out to my family it shouldn't come as a shock.  They pretty much know how I feel about sex.  I have never had an interest in it.  I've often gotten ragged on about it because people can't seem to under understand that it's possible for someone to not be interested in sex.  I've had to hear it all that I will feel differently or I just have to meet the right guy you name it I've probably heard it.  I have oftened been viewed as immature by my oldest sister and have had to hear that I need to just grow up and get it over with and that you aren't a real woman until you have sex.  I know that they see me as weird.

I've only ever had a few boyfriends and this was before I even knew there was a word for how I feel.  I never went out of my way to persue a physical relationship with any of them.  I've been single for years now I've even been dubbed the Spinster Aunt complete with her own cat.  I don't go out of my way to try to pursue dating.  Not that I don't want to it's just I know how difficult it will be and there are a lot of other aspects that make it complicated.  It's hard for me to just talk to guy I'm like 100% sure I suck at flirting this girl has no game. Online dating is just I don't know doesn't feel like it's for me.  I also feel l ij ke that if I'm out in a public setting and a guy is interested he will take the initiative and chat me up.  Another thing I get ragged on about apparently if you aren't married by a certain age you like expire or something.

I have never wavered in how I feel about things.  I'm surprised they haven't already put two and two together.  I think my oldest niece might know I've heard her say something to my mom and sister about me being Asexual.  She hasn't out right asked me about it nor was it ever brought up after she made that comment.  I don't know a part of feels like I want to come out to them and the other part me feels like it shouldn't be necessary and they should already know.  I don't know I've just been thinking about this a lot lately because I feel like it would be kinda of nice if I could be a bit more open about being Asexual.

I feel like I can relate in that regard about it not being much of a shock but at the same time my folks are not that educated. So they will likely think its fake because of the fact that I've had relationships in my life. Though 3 relationships and I'm 30 sounds like a super low average for my age ... xD

Archived