Becoming a Mum as a single ace woman

Eutierria

Are there any single ace women out there who have made an active decision to become a single mum (whether biologically or through adoption) ? 

I'm 34 & have some questions if you would feel comfortable enough to get into a conversation about your own journey. 

I'm afraid I haven't yet Eutierria but it's something I've been considering myself (not quite in the right place to be a parent yet but once I am in a few years) so would also be really interested in any replies in this thread!  

I might want to adopt some day, but I'm taking care of my elderly mother right now... so...maybe someday I'll be a foster parent, haven't decided yet.

My friend has considered having kids while being single (she's not ace though). We've talked about it and she's pretty sure she'd rather do bio kids with a sperm donor while I'd be much more determined for adoption if I was single. 

purple green jellybean

Hi there - I'm also a 34 year old single ace. I'm hoping to become a single mom in the (very) near future. Would be happy to share details in a private thread - let me know any questions you have! :)

• 5 months later...
PenultimateSandwich

I would love to hear more from people who have had success with this. I'm 29 and am thinking about possibly adopting if I'm single by 35. I know it'd be extremely difficult, but I was hoping to do it through the foster care system. Relationship or not, I just want to make this world a better place for a child.

Archived