Your Dominant Hand  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your dominant hand?

• Right
    • Left
    • I am ambidextrous

This poll is closed to new votes

Soul Searcher

Right Handed with a penchant to do things with left hand too.

NickyTannock

I'm right handed.

Aquatic Paradox

Right, generally speaking.

JustSomeAce

I'm right handed, like probably most of the people. 

Though I have some antics of using things with the "wrong" hand, for example fork and knife when dining: 

My family are all right handed and they use the knife with their right hand and the fork with their left and for me it's just the other way around.

They've wondered about me doing that quite a lot and tell me that it wouldn't work for them to use the cutlery like that.  :D

fooledbysecrecy

my handedness is the only thing that's right about me otherwise i'm 100% lefty :P

Very right-handed 

Soul Searcher
2 hours ago, JustSomeAce said:

I'm right handed, like probably most of the people. 

Though I have some antics of using things with the "wrong" hand, for example fork and knife when dining: 

My family are all right handed and they use the knife with their right hand and the fork with their left and for me it's just the other way around.

They've wondered about me doing that quite a lot and tell me that it wouldn't work for them to use the cutlery like that.  :D

Everybody in my family too is right handed.

However, I also use left hand while playing badminton and use mobile phone and sometimes eat chips.

About 90% of the world is right handed.

Right-handed (but left-eyed, left-footed)

Interference

left handed, left footed, right-eyed.

in here handing things off with your left hand is seen as impolite, and to this day i still have problems reminding myself to not do that.

Alejandrogynous

Left-handed with the normal amount of cross-dominance one develops from living in a right-handed world.

I’m left handed. I was forced to learn to use a pen with my right hand, but when I’m learning something new, my natural inclination is to use my left.

Very left handed. A two-year-old could probably handle a writing/drawing instrument better than I could with my right hand.

@Mackenzie Holiday I'm surprised that this was done in such recent times. One person noticed even before my mom that my natural inclination is to use my left hand and tried to get her to "convert" me, but fortunately she flat refused.

I'm so left-handed that my right hand decided not to exist.

Janus the Fox

Not sure which hand is strongest, if there's any dominance at all, Ambidextrous or Ambisinistrous.  I can do things like write with the right, but do most other things with the left.  There's a Movement disorder that weakens grip in both hands with a habit of dropping things for no reason.

Soul Searcher
15 hours ago, Tunhope said:

Right-handed (but left-eyed, left-footed)

What doea that mean? 

Soul Searcher
14 hours ago, Interference said:

left handed, left footed, right-eyed.

in here handing things off with your left hand is seen as impolite, and to this day i still have problems reminding myself to not do that.

If I am correct, then I am from where you are too.

I have been told not to do things with left hand but I still do it even though I am not lefthanded, just as a rebel and to annoy people.

Soul Searcher
14 hours ago, Mackenzie Holiday said:

I’m left handed. I was forced to learn to use a pen with my right hand, but when I’m learning something new, my natural inclination is to use my left.

I find it stupid that people force others to do things the ' right' way. 

I mean how would they feel if they were forced to use left?

On that note, I am curious. Does your left handwriting differ from your right? Which one is better, in your terms?

I can write in a very poor left hand but i find that both the hands have similar looking handwriting.

1 hour ago, Brainiac said:

On that note, I am curious. Does your left handwriting differ from your right? Which one is better, in your terms?

I’ve spent years practicing my handwriting and drawing with my right hand, and not much with my left, so my handwriting with my right hand looks a lot better than my left. I actually tend to get a lot of compliments on my handwriting. I’ve tried to practice my handwriting with my left hand and I think I made a lot of progress pretty quickly, but I didn’t really think it was worth the time investment so I stopped.

Soul Searcher
48 minutes ago, Mackenzie Holiday said:

I’ve spent years practicing my handwriting and drawing with my right hand, and not much with my left, so my handwriting with my right hand looks a lot better than my left. I actually tend to get a lot of compliments on my handwriting. I’ve tried to practice my handwriting with my left hand and I think I made a lot of progress pretty quickly, but I didn’t really think it was worth the time investment so I stopped.

Cool.

My handwriting is below average even with my right hand so I should not say anything about my left. 

However, a few times I have found that given a good position and angle my left one is pretty okay. But my handwriting changes so very often that I don't stick to anything.

8 hours ago, Brainiac said:

What doea that mean? 

I perform all manual tasks with my right hand, but I've an element of cross- laterality in so far as  I  hold a lens or a telescope to my left eye, and I kick a ball with my left foot. So I'm not entirely right-side dominant. 

I'm not entirely sure what the significance is, if any. Cross- laterality used to be one of the indicators for Specific Learning Difficulities ( eg dyslexia) but only together with other indicators. I don't know if it still is: I'm out of touch with current practice.

My left is dominant but I was taught to write with my right. 

J. van Deijck

Ambidextrous with my left hand having more capacity to do things.

• 4 months later...
sSevenOfSpadeƧƨ

Right handed, but I have noticed that when I play instruments my left hand tends to be more dominant. Weird

right handed, right footed.  Although, I can wield and operate skinning and butcher knives with my left hand.

Strongly left-handed (and generally left dominant). Even though I grew up using right-handed scissors, I cut just about as well with either hand at this point, and if something is at all possible to do with my left hand I do it.

I'm pretty sure that I'm really ambidextrous, but I was taught how to write by a left-handed teacher, so I put left. I throw balls and everything physical with my right hand, though, and I have no issues using right handed tools like mice and scissors. Also, the story is that I wasn't writing or drawing to the same level as my classmates, because I kept switching hands, so the teacher made me focus on one (and mimicking her exactly was the easiest way for a kid who wasn't inclined one way or the other).

• 2 weeks later...

born a righty, but long story short, I can use my left hand for most activities now (including drawing and writing)

Archived