PM an AVEN member you've not PM'd before

I’m new here too and I like meeting new people so pm me! Happy to talk about lots of stuff, but I like books and learning new things so feel free to talk to me about something completely niche.

I'm new! I'm enjoy meeting new people so I'm open to pms!. I love jellyfish, stars, anime, any kind of game, and sci-fi books! I love learning new things in particular though! I'm rather socially anxious and have a really hard time starting a conversation though!

nerdy_akaashi

Hey! I'm bored pm me if you want. I like to read, watch anime (among other things), try weird foods, look at the sky (night sky specifically), and idk anything really. 

Hi 😊 I'm really bored these days so if anyone wants to talk to me..

i like reading, watching anime/tv shows, pretty open about any opinions and other things.

gemrisingbitch

Hi I'd love to talk. I'm 19, use they/them pronouns, and am a fluid demigirl who is bi/pan and grey-asexual

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

hey hey  :) So if you want you can pm me :) You can start with something you really love doing. Just to break the ice ;) 

I am 28 female :) From Europe. 

• Like 1

So, I have finally managed to drag myself out of the shadows again. Hello hello!

Lil' about me. I like video games (currently playing KoTOR), interactive novels, Sci-Fi movies, science, writing, Slavic mythology (or any kind of mythology, really), manga/anime and still have a soft spot for Arthurian legends and romance. And deep platonic relationships. Lately I have also watched too many detective shows for no reason whatsoever. Still asolutely adore the friendship between Watson and Sherlock and I look forward to watching Enola Holmes because I have heard great things about it!

Conversation topics, you ask? Psychology, science, rambling, puns. Travelling. People. Life. Not neccessery in that order.

Do note that I love making dorky jokes and can be occasionally silly. Also in late twenties.

Clicked with anything? Shoot me a PM :D

(From EU if it helps anyone.)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Snapdragon Story

Hi! I'm trying to expand my small friendship circle a bit and would really like to meet new people. I have various interests but always fail to describe them, so, feel free to PM with actually anything. I really enjoy learning something new, especially from people who're passionate about it. 

Also, I'm really bad at starting conversations so here's my puppy to get your attention :)S5g9-E07r74.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to meet new people. Especially since i’m new to all of this. I’ts not that long ago that i figured out i’m asexual, it would be nice to talk to someone about it. Or about other things, i absolutely love to read and talk about books! I am a 30 year old booknerd that also loves movies and games 😀

Edited by NathalieG
  • 2 weeks later...
KikoTheMagicCat

I’m quite new to this forum so I’m happy to talk to anyone about there experiences to get to understand myself better!

I’m 27, use he/him, I’m very passionate about Art (I’m a fine art student), and I love music and games.

Im also currently reading another Murakami book, so anyone who’s got book suggestions let me know!

I'm new here, and very much still questioning my sexuality. I'd really like  to meet people and hopefully make some friends.

Some of my interests:

• anime (currently looking for other ones like Barakamon and Gakuen Babysitters)
  • fandom (both because I read a lot of fanfic and because I watch channels like Red Bard and Sarah Z.)
  • Science (I am trying to go into healthcare, so I spend a lot of time thinking about it as a direct result of being a student)

Also I wouldn't call it an interest, but things like politics and religion are totally fine to bring up, along with heavier topics.

I am new too and trying to work it all out. I have a cute kitty (ambeeuk on tumblr if you want to see his cuteness - and why would you not?)

I am 47, live in Aldershot, work in care

I like anime (for some reason love romantic anime but also all sorts sci-fi, mecha), bad horror and monster movies. 

I like to read (books too. not just that I don't close my eyes when I see some writing)

I love propagating things, wish I had a garden again

Moooo!

• Like 1

I'm relatively new here. Unfortunately I suffer from social anxiety so it can be hard to talk to people sometimes and make friends but I'm always up for meeting and talking to new people. I don't mind talking about anything really. I like video games, TV and Films, Music, Reading and Writing, Computing, Nature and most things to be honest. Also I can be quite a deep person at times so if you like to talk about philosophy I find all that stuff very interesting.

• Like 4
A_Lilium_of_Oxford

Hi Everyone! I am looking to meet new people and talking about what interests you. Tell me about your favourite book, or your favourite feel good movie or about the time you went on some adventure. PM me! I'll talk about anything and love learning new things. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new here (and this is my first post 🙂 ). I'm 31 from UK, female and Muslim. I'm new to learning about asexuality and pretty much figuring my own sexuality out (still learning all the terms so I'm not sure what to call myself yet). I prefer having an emotional connection of sort, I'm not really into sex and prefer platonic relationships. At this time though I'm pretty much looking for a (close?) friendship and learning about others

I like talking about cultures, religion, learning different languages, science, nature, anything really.... I love cats, bikes, crafting, photography, sleeping, trying different cuisine ... I am somewhat shy/socially reserved so can be perceived as rude by others unfortunately. I have a rather silly, dry and dark sense of humour too. I don't know any other muslim aces nor met any from any other religions so it would be nice to hear from others in a similar boat. 

I do believe that we can dont need to be alike or even like similar things to get along, so please do message me if you'd like to, no matter how different we are 😊

Hello there. I'm 30 year old software engineer from Poland. Like many contributing to this topic, I'm new to AVEN and still figuring much about myself (for now, I settled for heteroromantic asexual). I have pretty miserable track record of relationships and due to my high introversion (and some social anxiety), also friendships. Would like to change this state of affairs ;)

As one of the memes said, I have superficial-level knowledge on a lot of things. Jack of all trades, with interest in almost everything, but most in philosophy and physics, technology, photography, animals, different cultures and their approach to spirituality, and history (especially ancient era). I also like to play videogames and I feel like this kind of medium is underappreciated as a way of storytelling. Recently I developed interest in tabletop RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons, but because of the global pandemic going on, I settled for watching streams from sessions, like Critical Role.

If you think we might have something in common and don't mind my English skills being pretty basic, feel free to drop a message. :)

• Like 2
Horse Ham Radio

Hi! Looking for more online friends to get me through this third wave lockdown :(

I'm 27, living in Scotland, male-bodied, and I do AI and software stuff. I really enjoy talking to people from different backgrounds and meeting new people, so everyone reading this should message me ;)

I also like memes. Send me an ace meme to start the conversation :P We can go from there.

Spoiler

37992efd6b24b44c0b1f260843f2a7dbd1dd4c79

• Like 3

Hi! I'm 34, female, and would like to make new friends.

I would enjoy talking about anything really. Even if we don't have things in common I'm a good listener if you simply want to chat with someone.

You can send me something that made you laugh to break the ice. I kinda have a sarcastic sense of humor but I also enjoy dad jokes way to much, so. 🙂

I would like to try and reach out more given that I'm starting to feel more comfortable here, and appreciate getting to know new people. I've struggled my entire life with social anxiety, so it can be difficult for me, but I appreciate when others reach out and when I can get to know someone.

I'm a 24 y/o GIS technician from the US. I'm down to talk about anything myself, though for reference I enjoy gaming, reading, and outdoor activities (anything cycling, hiking, birding). I graduated with my Bachelor's in Biology and have worked for a few different museums now so I definitely have an appreciation and comfort in those spaces. I also don't mind just casual conversation, anything goes. Tell me your favorite book or what you're currently reading or watching, or a cool fact you'd like to share.

I do not wish to be pm'd at this time.

Hello.  I am a 53 female.  Social interaction is awkward and tough for me.  I have always lived my life where I don’t speak until spoken for.  I have no problem engaging in the forums, but I have not started PM’s on my own.  I tried to put a little of who I am in my profile.  

• Like 3

Hello, I am new to AVEN and am looking for more people like me! I currently do not know any aros/aces and love to message. I am not good at starting conversations but I love talking to people (about anything). I have info about me in my profile. Feel free to PM me! (I am 17 btw)

Edited by AceParrot
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm 30, female, and I love talking about dinosaurs, books (especially fantasy sci-fi and ancient historical, but I'll take recommendations for good mysteries that aren't obvious), video games (just got Outer Worlds), anime (though I'm not up on the new stuff), light novels and Chinese novels (reading Log Horizon, but always ready to talk Mao Dao Zu Shi).

I'm trying to learn Spanish right now (once that's done I'll work on Japanese), so if you know Spanish and want to send me a random paragraph and laugh at my attempts to translate/understand it, I do find that fun (I'll even try to not to use Google translate).

Oh, and I love weird animals and evolution. You want to talk about how things evolved and I'll be happy to do research to sustain the conversation.

Heyo! I'm 21 and finally posted for the first time the other day after a couple years of lurking :) I'd love to make some ace friends or just chat. I'm somewhat socially awkward, but my interests include animals, random/useless facts, Star Wars, music (any other flute/piccolo players?), swimming, college life, having an existential crisis about what to do after college, etc. Although honestly I'm down to talk about almost anything:) 

certified_space_ace

I'm pretty sure I've made a post on this thread some years back, but I thought I'd try again. Been going through a lonely time (just had a break-up of sorts, etc.) and it would be nice to have some new people to talk to.

I'm turning 29 soon, profile says female but I've just been starting to question whether I might actually be non-binary (would love someone to talk through that with, specifically). I know AVEN has boards for that, but I'm a little intimidated). I'm happy to chat about anything from deep life stuff to what's happening on whichever TV show you happen to be bingeing. I also like movies; I specialize in bad action movies and poorly written made-for-TV romances. Books are another big love of mine. I also like to bake and do the daily crossword (which I'm bad at).

I'm excited to meet you!

Squirrel Combat

G'day! I'm a long time veteran to this site, and even this thread, who has after sporadic appearances in the past year is coming back online regularly. Feel free to hit me up.

I can talk about all sorts of things, nonsense and otherwise. Top topics I can yammer on about without doing much research include music (this is a big one), movies, photography, travelling, the outdoors and wilderness, politics, history, astronomy, writing, stupid nonsense. I also like photo exchanges, since I photograph and all.

Hi! I'm new to AVEN and interested in talking to some new people. 
I'm not good at starting conversations, but I can be quite talkative once I get to know you. 
I love to read, enjoy art and music. I'm also interested in sports and love the outdoors, but I'm also open to other conversation topics.

Oh hi there! I'm 17, female and English, and I'm up for chatting with some fellow aces. I am interested in cinema, electronic music, Greek mythology, British comedy (pretty much anything on Dave) and, recently, dystopian fiction (it can really help you feel better about the current state of the world). I'm happy to discuss any of this or something even more random, and if you happen to be a fellow dyspraxic, give me a shout!

Hi.

M, they/them

I like writing, drawing, and being on the internet

PM me!!!

• Like 1